• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

laksa and laksaboy you 2 come in here now

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
which one the best laksa? :biggrin:

321, 328 or katong laksa? mai kai siao those penang assam laksa hor? limpei dont like sng sng

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
which one the best laksa? :biggrin:

321, 328 or katong laksa? mai kai siao those penang assam laksa hor? limpei dont like sng sng

The best laksa was (note the past tense) at the top floor food centre of Beauty World Shopping Centre... but that was in the late 1990s and the stall no longer exists.

Not impressed with the 'numbers as my name' overhyped laksa you see today. 'Katong' is now a franchise brand, and no longer a geographical location. Nothing comes close to that Beauty World greatness.

Last edited:

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best laksa was (note the past tense) at the top floor food centre of Beauty World Shopping Centre... but that was in the late 1990s and the stall no longer exists.

Not impressed with the 'numbers as my name' overhyped laksa you see today. 'Katong' is now a franchise brand, and no longer a geographical location. Nothing comes close to that Beauty World greatness.

oh you mean that old foodcourt whole place all black glass like those lasarp hair salons? damn hard to find the entrance rite? laksa must cook in those old old small tin pots and must put lots of hum then shiok

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
speaking of beauty world how is the place.

Haven't been there for a while but the last time I was there the vicinity was fucked up by MRT line construction.

Going by the govt's past rent-seeking behavior, I predict the four old shopping malls there will be torn down for a new mall and/or some condos.

You can see a good example of this at Orchard Road. Orchard Emerald is no more, and it is replaced by Orchard Gateway (under construction). You can't miss the futuristic overhead bridge between 313@Somerset and Orchard Central.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so far, imo, nothing can beat the laksa in tampines mrt food court link. it's sold within the confines of the yong tau fool stall. a macik cooks and serves the laksa, adds much hum. bagus! :biggrin:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My personaL best Laksa outLets:
1. Bendeemeer H/c
2. Roxy sQuare basement
3. HDB bLock opp Bedok Stadium
4. Haig Road H/c
:wink: