• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

l love Australia...!!!

kindgentleman

Alfrescian
Loyal
What for compare on the little things in life? How about comparing houses and cars.. With the savings from these items, how many cooked whole chicken can one buy in OZ? BTW coles and woolworth chicken are heavier in weight and much more tender than cold storage. Also it stuffed with stuffing, so everyday is christmas. Cold storage uses below 1kg bird, OZ is about 1.3 - 1.4kg.

That said the smaller stuff in Oz also much cheaper if compared to dollar for dollar. Big W have jeans less than 10 bucks and clothes that are dirt cheap. If you are married or have a girlfriend and kids, target and k mart sells bras and lady stuff much cheaper than in peesai. Not forgetting the CHEAP BRANDED toys. Even peninsular and cheap HDB shit stores cannot compare.

I am 185cm tall and got 13inch feet, so finding shoes and clothes that fit me is easy and cheap in OZ. Before in peesai I had to buy red wings and NB shoes, which were cut throat prices. Off season shopping is the best in OZ where else in peesai off season or sale still the same price or slightly cheaper and that too few years ago season shit. Dunno why peesai got seasonal sale. Quite ridiculous since it only rains and baked in peesai.

err i respect your views and wish you have a happy life in aus.

but i don't see how aus can be cheaper when 1aud =1.3sgd. supermarket stuff and food in aus is a lot more expensive than in singapore. the only cheap thing in aus is the pizza...one for $5. and better trains as well.

economy wise, sg is probably better. lower unemployment rate and more jobs. aus economy is artificially propped up by mining.

i have lived in nz for two years...visited aus a few times...and aus is definitely a nice place to live in, less racist than nz i feel...nz you have all too many of those maoris/pacific trash (sorry but it is true) who are very racist and disgusting...the pakeha are generally OK...aus has better economy and hotter girls...syd/melb are truly big multi-racial cities like sg.

nz is almost becoming a failed state soon...give it a few more decades...even ultimo probably looks better than queen street now.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, thanks for sharing. I agree with the points that you raised.

I can accept when people do not move to a better place due to issues with families such as elderly parents, business etc but myths and silly excuses is another thing. No one is asking them to consider Congo or Pakistan.

For some Australia means only Perth. I wonder is they ever crossed the causeway.

Thanks scroobal for your balance post and definitely agree with your last statement.

Don't want to waste time on the 1st three of your list.

Allow me to put the next 4 in proper perspective for some readers here:

1. You will be a 2nd class citizen in OZ -
I thought Sinkies are now 3rd class after the elites and FT. No?

2. There is a glass ceiling for asian migrants -
How then, do we have an Asian being an Australian Minister?

Last edited:

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
err i respect your views and wish you have a happy life in aus.

but i don't see how aus can be cheaper when 1aud =1.3sgd. supermarket stuff and food in aus is a lot more expensive than in singapore. the only cheap thing in aus is the pizza...one for $5. and better trains as well.

economy wise, sg is probably better. lower unemployment rate and more jobs. aus economy is artificially propped up by mining.

i have lived in nz for two years...visited aus a few times...and aus is definitely a nice place to live in, less racist than nz i feel...nz you have all too many of those maoris/pacific trash (sorry but it is true) who are very racist and disgusting...the pakeha are generally OK...aus has better economy and hotter girls...syd/melb are truly big multi-racial cities like sg.

nz is almost becoming a failed state soon...give it a few more decades...even ultimo probably looks better than queen street now.

Why you compare the OZ dollar and sing dollar like tat? When u are in OZ and working in OZ they dont pay you Sing dollar la. A dishwasher in OZ can earn more than 2.5k after tax. In peesai dishwasher earns 800 sing dollar...So who can buy more shit man. Same same as bangla who works in SG and bangla who works in bangla land. Which bangla has more spending power?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think there maybe one in Chinatown? Most of these hostess type bars are korean/japanese. Like you said, discreet entrance for brothels, you want PRC mei mei, whole street in hurstvile, campsie full of them. And I think there might be korean one in Campsie. There is another in Burwood called DoDo, just opposite the train station. Never really went to these places as I don't like going alone.

Hello Ash007, got PRC mei mei type in Sydney?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you like gourmet pizza try the one in Double bay, very nice pizza there, even better then GPK. Their blue cheese salad is nice as well. Not sure if its still there or not. For late night ice-cream, french reveria. Again, its been sometime since I was there. Things might have changed. Just drive around bicentenial park and its double bay.

Yes, the roof collapsed the other day and they are still getting it fixed. Shopping Center operating like nothing happened. Only part of the car park was closed down.

GPK that pizza joint unfortunately closed down. Missed that Gourmet Pizza Kitchen buy 1 get 1 free offer. Really gourmet standard. Not same as those Pizza Hut or Domino's.

A jap restuarant called Niki took over that place.

Oporto is still at the corner shop. Nice chilly Portuguese burger they have :smile:

And yes, don't think 4 normal appetite people can finish 2 piping-hot grilled chicken from Coles. Each chicken = A$10.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can get a brand new freehold landed property in Sydney for much much less. This is just one example, in Sydney: http://residential.australand.com.au/homes/nsw/the-ponds/the-ponds/#forsale

Ponds going for $600K at least nowadays. Near Kellyvile, its still relatively expensive for most family. Then again that is the median price of houses in Sydney. What I don't like about that area is that you will always face congestion along old/new windsor road. Yes, a train line is going through the area in 2016, but given the track record of the state government maybe another 70 years like the Epping-Chatswood line. I'm waiting for the completion of a 4 bedroom double stories house in ropes crossing for $460K. As mentioned, whats the point if it went up to $1mil, you still got to find a place to live.
http://www.ropescrossing.com.au/

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
this type of overseas good singapore bad is old stuff
have been around since the founding of sbf
still going strong with stale postings
australia so good people so good land so good
everything so good my dirty foot.....haha

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes your dirty foot no good. Be the next blade runner for the olympigs.

good one!
the spirit of the human spirit will soar no matter where you are
if you have that spirit
everywhere you go will be good
if you are always down and out
angry, spiteful and furious
even heaven is a bad place for you....
it's all about yourself and the society you are in
don't blame the environment
look inside you and the answer is there....

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that is in a suburb right bro? you can't compare prices in the suburb vs city.you can get a char kway teow for 3 bucks as well.

i remember going to liverpool and it was all middle eastern or indo/msia immigrants. grim place. you can see on their faces the bitterness and lack-of-manners. reminds me a bit of some people in singapore.

in australia you have to fight to make a living as well. houses are expensive. people can be nasty. the city area turns into a warzone at night. jobs are not easy to come by.

i remember i was trying to scratch my initials onto the train doors (feeling quite artistic) when this aussie guy looked at me and i gave him a nod and smiled. he smiled back. i had a hearty laugh and walked out.

Some of the things you posted are utter rubbish.

"houses are expensive"? What nonsense are you talking? expensive as compared with SG or expensive as compared with those 3rd tier cities in some remote mountainous Chinese provinces? Read thru the rest of the postings and I let readers decide if SG has cheaper houses than in Oz.

"that is in a suburb right bro? you can't compare prices in the suburb vs city" The suburb I had my fish and chip meal is Westfield Eastgardens, Pagewood, is less than 13 km from CBD. If you are talking about SG as a whole, what is 13 km? Pagewood to CBD is far shorter in km as compared with either Jurong East or Woodland to Raffles Place.

The suburb I had my lobster is even nearer. It is Kingsford, less than 8 km from the CBD.

Guess you better stick to your Liverpool in the Outer West.

"i remember i was trying to scratch my initials onto the train doors (feeling quite artistic)" How about organising some graffiti artists to do up your place? Let me know your address and I get it organised at no cost. Satisfaction Guaranteed.

"in australia you have to fight to make a living as well" Oh man, tell me where in this world you don't have to fight to make a living? Are you one of those protected spieces that who did your NS in a laboratory? Or those who deemed to have served NS delivering babies?

"people can be nasty. the city area turns into a warzone at night" People are the same wherever you go. There is the good, the bad and the ugly. To say turning the city area into a warzone at night is really another rubbish from you. Please keep to your Liverpool. Perhaps there is more real "warzone" there. Some people [read: nasty ones] do carry guns in Oz.

Another place to go is Cabramatta. There you can have heaps of fun with Vietnam War Veterans. SG Lt Gen Winston Choo won't want to step in Cabramatta at night. You can have you cheap fun there and report back okay?

Who in the world eats chicken from Coles for a meal? You can get the same grilled chicken from cold storage for 8 bucks SGD not AUD.

As for the roof collapsing and taking a long time to fix...that sounds like Oceania to me...shabby customer service...sleeping employees....

Chupacabra has answered the 1st part of your post. http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?126471-l-love-Australia-!!!&p=1203616#post1203616

As for taking a long time to fix, they are converting that part of the building into some alfresco dinning place. It does take time to get permits approved. You are a very unkind gentlemen to pass such comments are you? Would you mind changing your nick to UNkindgentleman please?

Last edited:

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i must confess australia is a nice place to be
but singapore is not too bad for me.....

Hey kopi, UNkindgentleman your clone right?

Thanks for confessing that Australia is a nice place to be in.

Singapore is a nice place for me too if not for the chow papaya policies [those related to Fallen Talents, fantastically super high indirect & hidden taxes, NS, elitism, freedom of speech etc etc] and the hot and humid weather conditions.

Folks who post here are not trying to run down Singapore. We are trying to share with readers what is in Australia and elsewhere. We want to put things in proper perspective and let the truth be known. Not those hearsay and those rubbish post like those from UNkindgentleman.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ponds going for $600K at least nowadays. Near Kellyvile, its still relatively expensive for most family. Then again that is the median price of houses in Sydney. What I don't like about that area is that you will always face congestion along old/new windsor road. Yes, a train line is going through the area in 2016, but given the track record of the state government maybe another 70 years like the Epping-Chatswood line. I'm waiting for the completion of a 4 bedroom double stories house in ropes crossing for $460K. As mentioned, whats the point if it went up to $1mil, you still got to find a place to live.
http://www.ropescrossing.com.au/

Kum siah Bro Ash, will check Ropes Crossing up. Cheerz!

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you like gourmet pizza try the one in Double bay, very nice pizza there, even better then GPK. Their blue cheese salad is nice as well. Not sure if its still there or not. For late night ice-cream, french reveria. Again, its been sometime since I was there. Things might have changed. Just drive around bicentenial park and its double bay.

Hey Ash, Thanks for your sharing. You have the name of that pizza joint? Double Bay is a rich man place and it is not that small a place like Lorong 24 of Geylang.

If you don't have, never mind. I still prefer Asian food anytime. Thatz why I choose to stay at Kingsford.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Australia has vast resources and vast land and vast opportunities. It's a good place to be. A nice place to live in , to work in and to have your children . But not everyone has the opportunity to move to Australia. Many Singaporeans are stuck here and cannot move on. So they have to make the best of everything here. As long as they can have a reasonably comfortable life, it's okay with no high expectations.

We really do not know what is going to happen to Singapore.Maybe we might rejoin Malaysia. If that is the case and if things work well socially, economically and politcally, Singapore will be another boom global city. I love Singapore and I will stay here.But if given the opportunity and the chance, I would love to live in other countries for the experience. Many Singaporeans are in fact doing this.Six months in Australia or USA and six months in Singapore. Many have their children and grandchildren staying overseas ...

So life is like this lah.Not every Singaporean would like to move out. Many are stuck here forever.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Australia has vast resources and vast land and vast opportunities. It's a good place to be. A nice place to live in , to work in and to have your children . But not everyone has the opportunity to move to Australia. Many Singaporeans are stuck here and cannot move on. So they have to make the best of everything here. As long as they can have a reasonably comfortable life, it's okay with no high expectations.

We really do not know what is going to happen to Singapore.Maybe we might rejoin Malaysia. If that is the case and if things work well socially, economically and politcally, Singapore will be another boom global city. I love Singapore and I will stay here.But if given the opportunity and the chance, I would love to live in other countries for the experience. Many Singaporeans are in fact doing this.Six months in Australia or USA and six months in Singapore. Many have their children and grandchildren staying overseas ...

So life is like this lah.Not every Singaporean would like to move out. Many are stuck here forever.

Datok,

Agree with you. Singapore is really a wonderful place to be when you are retired like me. As what you have said, I have also actually taken a few months off to live in another environment in another region. It was an invigorating experience.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think its called wood fire pizza. Got a big oven in the kitchen that you can see them use it to bake the pizza.

Oh if you are interested in ropes give me a PM. They have introduce a friend program over there. LOL

Hey Ash, Thanks for your sharing. You have the name of that pizza joint? Double Bay is a rich man place and it is not that small a place like Lorong 24 of Geylang.

If you don't have, never mind. I still prefer Asian food anytime. Thatz why I choose to stay at Kingsford.

longdongsilver

Alfrescian
Loyal
what I like about Australia,especially Sydney..you practically can have the best of both worlds--i.e kampong quiet lifestyle and happening city life style...you want a bit of adventures and rowdy kind of parties,you head to King's Cross...you want those like SG type of parties you head to George St...and of course the nice weather..like now it is like theres a huge airconned room outside with totally blue sky and great sunshine..

Eating out in a restaurant prolly costs the same as in SG,but you get better food,fresh food with good quality..As we dont have Hawker centres here...the cheapest fare of economic rice is around 7 bucks..slightly larger portion...most Asian food here is about 1.5-2 times larger portion than that in SG,,cost 9-11 dollars..again better quality of ingredients..

you can easily get cheap fruits,if you drop by the Sydney market in Auburn..one box of sweet navel oranges-ard 50 pieces ,depending on season,could be as low as 8 bucks..those huge very sweet mangoes(abt 12 in a box) go for 15-26 dollars a box(they normally cost $5 sg a piece in NTUC)..depending on the season and your timing..they lelong the fruits near closing time..

if you buy food and cook your own meals ,most meat here and its quality is better and cheaper than in SG..if you cant find a job and you dont mind being ripped off by the " black hearted' Chineses restaurant bosses ,you could work for them and be paid about 8-10 dollars an hour..still beats SG 5 dollars per hour..

rum and coke cost 4 dollars in most establishments in George St...draft beers 3-4 dollars..Corona-haineken-bottled 8-9 dollars....but shots are expensive 8 dollars per pop...still cheaper than SG..Normal JAps food about the same even after currency conversion-about 20 dollars-set meal..Ding Tai feng about the same price as in SG..

Last edited:

kindgentleman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some of the things you posted are utter rubbish.

"houses are expensive"? What nonsense are you talking? expensive as compared with SG or expensive as compared with those 3rd tier cities in some remote mountainous Chinese provinces? Read thru the rest of the postings and I let readers decide if SG has cheaper houses than in Oz.

I quote this: http://apm.com.au/

The median house price in Sydney is 650k AUD. Nearly 1 million SGD.

Mortgage interest rates are 6-7%...that is HIGH. :eek:

Once again...Mortgage interest rates are 6-7%...that is HIGH. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Of course you can get a cheap house in a small town but then you have no facilities and no jobs at all. We should compare city with cities and not city with small towns.

"that is in a suburb right bro? you can't compare prices in the suburb vs city" The suburb I had my fish and chip meal is Westfield Eastgardens, Pagewood, is less than 13 km from CBD. If you are talking about SG as a whole, what is 13 km? Pagewood to CBD is far shorter in km as compared with either Jurong East or Woodland to Raffles Place.

The suburb I had my lobster is even nearer. It is Kingsford, less than 8 km from the CBD.

Yes and the fish and chips (cheapest takeaways in Aus) are still very expensive even in the suburbs. You were using special discount rates with coupons and whatever.

Surely you know in SG you can takeaway fast food meals (KFC)for just 6 bucks SGD or hawker food for just 3 bucks. The big mac meal in Australia i think is ten plus aud or something...you can get two big mac meals in sg with that money.

"people can be nasty. the city area turns into a warzone at night" People are the same wherever you go. There is the good, the bad and the ugly. To say turning the city area into a warzone at night is really another rubbish from you. Please keep to your Liverpool. Perhaps there is more real "warzone" there. Some people [read: nasty ones] do carry guns in Oz.

You just supported my point. You have no guns in sg. sg is generally safer at night. though aus is a perfectly safe and good place to live in as well.

As for taking a long time to fix, they are converting that part of the building into some alfresco dinning place. It does take time to get permits approved. You are a very unkind gentlemen to pass such comments are you? Would you mind changing your nick to UNkindgentleman please?

it is a fact that oceanians mostly do things slowly and are not very efficient or skilled at what they do. customer service is also a whole lot worse in oceania compared to sg.

i can only speak for nz. houses are mostly shabbily built. many clowns even build their houses themselves. things often are built wrongly. no heating..cold as hell in winter. holes. things spoil. too poor, so fix their electrical wires and lights themselves instead of hiring a skilled technician. etc.

economy of aus is propped up by mining etc.

aus is a good place to live in. but the country has many problems as well.

the biggest problem to me is that their women are mostly quite mean and do not make for good gf/wife material. though they are willing to pay for meals and share financially.