• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

l love Australia...!!!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Australia is so much better than sinkieland. Do you love Australia too?

Yes. I really love Oz. Me cus bought a bungalow in the Gold Coast and it is a fabulous place. Went crabbing there and I never had so much crabs in one sitting in my life. Weather is fantastic too. If I lived there, I would get a motorbike as it is the perfect country for it - you can ride all year round! And things are affordable too. I once attended a seminar in Melbourne and it is an beautiful city and vibrant city, but Gold Coast is preferred over the Melbourne. Have fun.

Cheers!

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How come no bros here support kiwi har? Slightly further from down under and less competition. Forum host residing in kiwi land dio boh?

Me also want to look see look see kiwi land.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Australia has got no cheap hawker food leh...

Hello depeche,

4 people had:
1. Fish and chip today at a food court in Westfield Eastgardens - 4 regular servings - and it cost A$11.90* in total.
* buy 1 get 1 free - coupon from the back of Westfield Eastgardens Coles receipt.
2. 2 boxes of sushi containing 8 big salmon sushi and 20 smaller salmon sushi rolls for a total of A$10

Total cost for 4 diners is A$21.90. 4 people [2 male and 2 female] cannot finish the above two items.

Recently, in a resturant, I had 1 big grilled lobster [about 1 foot long] complete with mixed salad and potatoes for only $20. Drinking water on the house.

How much a 12" grilled lobster cost in Singapore Newton Hawker Center? Can you get the same in Singapore for S$26?

Is Singapore food still cheap these days?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Din the roof or something collapse in east garden? But yah, there are good "cheap" food in aust as well. Kebab, pizza, grilled chicken. GPK still in Kingsford? Aporto or Oporto still there?

Hello depeche,

4 people had:
1. Fish and chip today at a food court in Westfield Eastgardens - 4 regular servings - and it cost A$11.90* in total.
* buy 1 get 1 free - coupon from the back of Westfield Eastgardens Coles receipt.
2. 2 boxes of sushi containing 8 big salmon sushi and 20 smaller salmon sushi rolls for a total of A$10

Total cost for 4 diners is A$21.90. 4 people [2 male and 2 female] cannot finish the above two items.

Recently, in a resturant, I had 1 big grilled lobster [about 1 foot long] complete with mixed salad and potatoes for only $20. Drinking water on the house.

How much a 12" grilled lobster cost in Singapore Newton Hawker Center? Can you get the same in Singapore for S$26?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Also, don't forget that we are like a few hundred kms away from the burning areas in Indonesia versus a short hop from them to Singapore. Good luck with the haze in Singapore.

Not in Sydney. Clear blue sky almost everyday and nice warm weather today. It is spring time!!

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lovely country infested with descendants of ex-convicts whose only meaning in life is to drink the F-beer and cross-breed with aborigines.
Perfect country for Tonychat :biggrin:

Hello LeMans2011,

Please don't be so unkind. The demographics has changed much in recent years especially in major cities.

There are lots of PRCs, Indians, Vietnameses, Koreans, Japaneses, Indonesians, Hongkongers, Malaysians etc etc here in Sydney.

I am staying in a very Asian place.

The current Australia Minister for Finance & Deregulation, Penny Wong, is a Chinese of Malaysian decent.

BTW, Ash007, the other day I was at Campsie again, I noticed there is lot of Korean shops further up that Beamish Street, opposite the Town Council place. The whole stretch of it. Korean supermarket, hairdresser, massage place, property agent etc ... all Korean. The lower end around that eating place... mostly Asian of mixed kind.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Din the roof or something collapse in east garden? But yah, there are good "cheap" food in aust as well. Kebab, pizza, grilled chicken. GPK still in Kingsford? Aporto or Oporto still there?

Yes, the roof collapsed the other day and they are still getting it fixed. Shopping Center operating like nothing happened. Only part of the car park was closed down.

GPK that pizza joint unfortunately closed down. Missed that Gourmet Pizza Kitchen buy 1 get 1 free offer. Really gourmet standard. Not same as those Pizza Hut or Domino's.

A jap restuarant called Niki took over that place.

Oporto is still at the corner shop. Nice chilly Portuguese burger they have :smile:

And yes, don't think 4 normal appetite people can finish 2 piping-hot grilled chicken from Coles. Each chicken = A$10.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was told the following over the years;

1. If you cannot make it Singapore, you go to OZ
2. If you cannot cope with the educational standards you go to OZ
3. If you cannot find a job here go to OZ

I was also told that ;

1. You will be a 2nd class citizen in OZ
2. There is a glass ceiling for asian migrants
3. Its a boring place
4. Taxes are high

It is not for the faint hearted, the weak and those who hide behind a range of silly excuses such as " cannot make it in Singapore".

Thanks scroobal for your balance post and definitely agree with your last statement.

Don't want to waste time on the 1st three of your list.

Allow me to put the next 4 in proper perspective for some readers here:

1. You will be a 2nd class citizen in OZ -
I thought Sinkies are now 3rd class after the elites and FT. No?

2. There is a glass ceiling for asian migrants -
How then, do we have an Asian being an Australian Minister?

3. Its a boring place -
What is the definition of boring? Lack of sexventures? Of course there is no Geylang Road style nor HFJ in Australia. Australia has legalised brothels and massage joints with discreet entrance instead. Only that they are scattered all over. Drugs? You don't get hang over it. What else is not boring? Singapore has more nature places or what?

4. Taxes are high - Please read here:
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....cessful-Singles-Couples&p=1186140#post1186140 and
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?125431-My-Friend-Jocelyn&p=1189787#post1189787

And yes, HDB resale hit $1million dollar. HDB dwellers must be very happy? Is it not? Where are they going to stay if they were to cash out? What about their kids? How much does a HDB unit cost to build? What is the difference between the cost of constructing a new HDB unit and the selling price of a new HDB unit? Isn't that a kind of tax?? Gosh!!

I can get a brand new freehold landed property in Sydney for much much less. This is just one example, in Sydney: http://residential.australand.com.au/homes/nsw/the-ponds/the-ponds/#forsale

Last edited:

kindgentleman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello depeche,

4 people had:

that is in a suburb right bro? you can't compare prices in the suburb vs city.

you can get a char kway teow for 3 bucks as well.

i remember going to liverpool and it was all middle eastern or indo/msia immigrants. grim place. you can see on their faces the bitterness and lack-of-manners. reminds me a bit of some people in singapore.

in australia you have to fight to make a living as well. houses are expensive. people can be nasty. the city area turns into a warzone at night. jobs are not easy to come by.

i remember i was trying to scratch my initials onto the train doors (feeling quite artistic) when this aussie guy looked at me and i gave him a nod and smiled. he smiled back. i had a hearty laugh and walked out.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ghosh... why would anyone live in Perth... i would die of boredom
If you like shopping, Perth is not the place. But if you like fishing, you will not find Perth bored.

Kio kuay also more expensive. No KTVs and HFJs.
It is easier more fun to look for friends with benefits.

Ghosh... why would anyone live in Perth... i would die of boredom

1. You will be a 2nd class citizen in OZ
2. There is a glass ceiling for asian migrants
Subjective...
Even white Aussies sometimes find themselves 2nd class - esp if they wonder into the wrong place, eg Chinatown. :biggrin:

The glass ceiling applies to anyone who do not fit into the culture. But, increasing, the old boy clubs are becoming a liability, like AWB Oil for Grain scandal, ADF scandals, etc.

Professional bodies and governments are usu where Asian migrants excel.

There are not that many white Aussies in top management either. Off hand, I see Irish (eg Qantas), South African (BHP, WestPac), Americans and Malaysians (TPG, President of Medical ..., etc)

The glass ceiling applies to women as well. So, Asian female migrants ....

Last edited:

kindgentleman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, the roof collapsed the other day and they are still getting it fixed. Shopping Center operating like nothing happened. Only part of the car park was closed down.

GPK that pizza joint unfortunately closed down. Missed that Gourmet Pizza Kitchen buy 1 get 1 free offer. Really gourmet standard. Not same as those Pizza Hut or Domino's.

A jap restuarant called Niki took over that place.

Oporto is still at the corner shop. Nice chilly Portuguese burger they have :smile:

And yes, don't think 4 normal appetite people can finish 2 piping-hot grilled chicken from Coles. Each chicken = A$10.

Who in the world eats chicken from Coles for a meal? You can get the same grilled chicken from cold storage for 8 bucks SGD not AUD.

As for the roof collapsing and taking a long time to fix...that sounds like Oceania to me...shabby customer service...sleeping employees....

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hello depeche,

4 people had:

bro, u hit the nail right on the head. sg food may cost lesser than $26 of your lobster, maybe $20 for 2 in hawker. but quality and taste can't even compare to yours even you pay $26 in sg.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
What for compare on the little things in life? How about comparing houses and cars.. With the savings from these items, how many cooked whole chicken can one buy in OZ? BTW coles and woolworth chicken are heavier in weight and much more tender than cold storage. Also it stuffed with stuffing, so everyday is christmas. Cold storage uses below 1kg bird, OZ is about 1.3 - 1.4kg.

That said the smaller stuff in Oz also much cheaper if compared to dollar for dollar. Big W have jeans less than 10 bucks and clothes that are dirt cheap. If you are married or have a girlfriend and kids, target and k mart sells bras and lady stuff much cheaper than in peesai. Not forgetting the CHEAP BRANDED toys. Even peninsular and cheap HDB shit stores cannot compare.

I am 185cm tall and got 13inch feet, so finding shoes and clothes that fit me is easy and cheap in OZ. Before in peesai I had to buy red wings and NB shoes, which were cut throat prices. Off season shopping is the best in OZ where else in peesai off season or sale still the same price or slightly cheaper and that too few years ago season shit. Dunno why peesai got seasonal sale. Quite ridiculous since it only rains and baked in peesai.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello LeMans2011,

Please don't be so unkind. The demographics has changed much in recent years especially in major cities.

There are lots of PRCs, Indians, Vietnameses, Koreans, Japaneses, Indonesians, Hongkongers, Malaysians etc etc here in Sydney.

I am staying in a very Asian place.

The current Australia Minister for Finance & Deregulation, Penny Wong, is a Chinese of Malaysian decent.

BTW, Ash007, the other day I was at Campsie again, I noticed there is lot of Korean shops further up that Beamish Street, opposite the Town Council place. The whole stretch of it. Korean supermarket, hairdresser, massage place, property agent etc ... all Korean. The lower end around that eating place... mostly Asian of mixed kind.

Heehee.... just wanted to disturb Tonychat... I actually found some of the Melbourne outskirts chinese food very nice... i have family members there as well