• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Killiney Rd KPO Discriminates Against Peasants

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 26 Sep 2009
Discrimination by F&B joint: Valet parking only if your car is classy and expensive

how_can_valet_service_give_priority_to_exotic_cars-thumbnail.jpg

STOMPer Non-exotic car owner was shocked when he found out that priority is given to owners of exotic cars at the valet parking of KPO, an F & B outlet along Killiney Road.

In an email to STOMP today (Sept 26), the STOMPer says:

“I am writing in to give feedback on my recent experience with the valet parking services at a new F& B outlet, KPO, located along Killiney Road, which is managed by the Balaclava group.

“On Sept 22, I went to KPO with a group of friends for our usual gathering. It was our second foray to the joint and my friends decided to park their cars with the valet services for convenience sake.

“The valet proceeded to take over my friends' vehicles; a Toyota Estima and two other continental cars respectively and parked them in three allocated lots.

“As we were seated near the bar counter, we could clearly see our cars which were parked outside.

“We were surprised to see that time and time again, the valet drove my friend's Toyota Estima out of the valet carpark to give way to other vehicles which had just arrived to use their valet services.

“We were further appalled when the valet drove the Toyota Estima around the Killiney area several times. It returned only to be parked at the side. The lot which the Toyota Estima was previously parked was given to a Porsche.

“After a few joy riding by the valet supervisor, we could not bear the sight any longer and confronted the Club Manager, Mr Chris Sim to ask him what was going on.
“Imagine our shock when Mr Sim told us bluntly, ‘Sorry Sir, it is the management's policy that priority for valet parking to be given to exotic cars.’ When we asked whether there is a difference in valet fees between exotic cars and non-exotic cars, Mr Sim replied, ‘There is no difference. All have to pay $10.’ Again, we were in shock and left dumbfounded.

“To add fuel to fire, another valet took over the wheels of the Toyota Estima and went for another round of joy riding during our conversation with the Club Manager. God knows how much fuel was burnt from my friend's vehicle during the joy rides.

“Enough was enough and we decided to end the night. We paid the bill (without tips) and left immediately.

“In this world, I have heard about priority given to first come, first serve customers or customers who are willing to pay more for premium services, but I have never heard of priority given to exotic cars for valet parking!”

"In any case, the "Management" of KPO had succeeded in belittling owners of non-exotic cars. I will not be returning to KPO again unless I am driving a Lamborghini."

Click on thumbnails for larger image

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why this guy so blur. This is the practice for decades all over the world. Reason (1) attract more business by telling that everyone that good customers patronise the place. Reason(2) Exotic left in the open and infront can be monitored to avoid vandalism whcih they are prone to. All hotels do that. You will exotic cars in front but not in the basement.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why this guy so blur. This is the practice for decades all over the world. Reason (1) attract more business by telling that everyone that good customers patronise the place. Reason(2) Exotic left in the open and infront can be monitored to avoid vandalism whcih they are prone to. All hotels do that. You will exotic cars in front but not in the basement.

You are right. It's a worldwide practice.....BUT....

GIRLS THAT HANG OUT AT PLACES LIKE KPO are nothing better than PROSTITUTES; hoping to hook an exotic car owner

When you have a money faced GARMENT, the society turns only to money. Helping the poor is out of the question. BUT prostituting ONESELF for money (to buy LV) is acceptable in today's S'pore society
.:oIo:

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will not be returning to KPO again unless I am driving a Lamborghini."

This is so disappointing. I mean the Singaporean's weak comeback. He is actually insulting himself twice further with a line like that seriously, because he does know he will be unable to ever afford one even in a million years.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
aiyah complain also no use. Our society long worships wealth as godliness! Don't believe ask the million-dollar high performance ministers. They set the tone for Sinkaporeans. Exotic cars are phallic symbols of power, wealth & status. Being phallic symbols, they are obscene! The owners are classified as 'beautiful people"! I say, give the place a miss!:biggrin::biggrin: It's overrated!

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can even make noise about the petrol used by the valet drivers?? This guy seriously should consider taking MRT if that amount of petrol used bothers him.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Management must do something like Target customer group... Sorry if you didn't fall within the CLASS!

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can always take a cab. The one from NTUC is more classy than those Yellow ones, or better still book those Merc:smile:

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's why I never pass my keys to a valet.

Most, if not all of them cannot afford a car and may not be familiar with driving.

konstandy

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is so disappointing. I mean the Singaporean's weak comeback. He is actually insulting himself twice further with a line like that seriously, because he does know he will be unable to ever afford one even in a million years.

ai yo can rent a lambo what haha