• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Kiev vs Moscow! Showdown! (2022)

Would you defend Singapore like these 13 brave Ukrainian soldiers?

• Yes

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 18 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
The issue is more complicated than you think. There is at least one minister of Kurdiah descent in the Swedish Parliament and the ruling party have a strong voter base of Kurd immigrants. By changing their support for Kurdish independence movement they might lose domestic political power.

Just a series of dumbshit policies to bring them there. And now for no reason they volunteer as a Russian target.

That's what you get for having a liberal progressive woman as the PM
Just because Turkey has a problem with the Kurds vis a vis the PKK does not mean they can expect the rest of NATO to feel the same, right? It's their own internal conflict to resolve since Turkish Kurds have been gunning for greater autonomy and not being subjugated in the country. What happens in Sweden with regards to the kurds is not Turkey's concern lah. Aiyah, Turks and Kurds are both Sunni muslims. Where's the brotherly love?

There should be more unity and they should not lose sight of this reality : Russia under Putin is a clear and present danger.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just because Turkey has a problem with the Kurds vis a vis the PKK does not mean they can expect the rest of NATO to feel the same, right? It's their own internal conflict to resolve since Turkish Kurds have been gunning for greater autonomy and not being subjugated in the country. What happens in Sweden with regards to the kurds is not Turkey's concern lah. Aiyah, Turks and Kurds are both Sunni muslims. Where's the brotherly love?

There should be more unity and they should not lose sight of this reality : Russia under Putin is a clear and present danger.
Again, you're oversimplifying.

PKK is a marked as a terrorist organisation by US and several EU countries.

And Turkey is an old bird country in NATO and the second most powerful militarily after the US. So when they say no it means no. Haha

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Again, you're oversimplifying.

PKK is a marked as a terrorist organisation by US and several EU countries.

And Turkey is an old bird country in NATO and the second most powerful militarily after the US. So when they say no it means no. Haha
Yes, that may be so that PKK is a less than desirable organisation, but the presence of kurds in Sweden should not arouse such a vehement response from Turkey. Even if Sweden is rumoured to have supplied arms to the PKK. It's all business anyway! Sweden should be allowed to seek NATO membership for its own protection against a common enemy.

To placate butt-hurt Erdogan, I propose that Sweden and Finland assure him that they will take a stronger stance against "terrorist organisations" and to pledge everlasting aid to help his dying economy.

Turkey is the second most powerful military? Where got? Where you get your info from?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, that may be so that PKK is a less than desirable organisation, but the presence of kurds in Sweden should not arouse such a vehement response from Turkey. Even if Sweden is rumoured to have supplied arms to the PKK. It's all business anyway! Sweden should be allowed to seek NATO membership for its own protection against a common enemy.

To placate butt-hurt Erdogan, I propose that Sweden and Finland assure him that they will take a stronger stance against "terrorist organisations" and to pledge everlasting aid to help his dying economy.
What is Sweden's reason for supporting a certified terrorist organisation is really their own business so I don't want to speculate.

But i just find their logic for joining NATO highly perplexing: "I want to join NATO because I want protection from Russia in case they want to attack me when I join NATO."

Huh? I thought only my ex girlfriends could come up with logic like that!

Turkey is the second most powerful military? Where got? Where you get your info from?
Second most powerful in NATO after the US.

The Turkish Armed Forces is the second largest standing military force in NATO, after the U.S. Armed Forces, and the thirteenth in the world, with an estimated strength of 775,000 military and paramilitary personnel in 2022.[3]

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tur... Forces is,and paramilitary personnel in 2022.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
What is Sweden's reason for supporting a certified terrorist organisation is really their own business so I don't want to speculate.

But i just find their logic for joining NATO highly perplexing: "I want to join NATO because I want protection from Russia in case they want to attack me when I join NATO."

Huh? I thought only my ex girlfriends could come up with logic like that!

Second most powerful in NATO after the US.

The Turkish Armed Forces is the second largest standing military force in NATO, after the U.S. Armed Forces, and the thirteenth in the world, with an estimated strength of 775,000 military and paramilitary personnel in 2022.[3]

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_Armed_Forces#:~:text=The Turkish Armed Forces is,and paramilitary personnel in 2022.
Look, Russia cannot be trusted. Their aggression has caused others to reassess their own national security. Everyone is shaken, so can't blame those who want to join NATO. A murdering bully appeared in your neighbourhood, you'd surely want to seek protection from it. That's normal.

OK noted turkey's military is currently 2nd largest in NATO. Germany will surely assume that position within the next 10 years.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
, Russia cannot be trusted. Their aggression has caused others to reassess their own national security. Everyone is shaken, so can't blame those who want to join NATO. A murdering bully appeared in your neighbourhood, you'd surely want to seek protection from it. That's normal.
I think the reason for Putin's "special military operation" has been discussed to death here.

But Russia and finland never had any problems since their treaty was signed after ww2. Only reason i can think of is their charbo PM can't stand Putin's "toxic masculinity"

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I think the reason for Putin's "special military operation" has been discussed to death here.

But Russia and finland never had any problems since their treaty was signed after ww2. Only reason i can think of is their charbo PM can't stand Putin's "toxic masculinity"
I think many more folks besides that charbo PM can't stand Putin's "toxic masculinity".

Rus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some love the nimble femininity

1653158237470.png

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
OK noted turkey's military is currently 2nd largest in NATO. Germany will surely assume that position within the next 10 years.
10? I’m giving them 5 years. Achtung! Deutschland uber alles! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: It’s in their anthem!

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OK, got what you meant. Turkey feels threatened, not Turkey issuing threats.

I am sure their fear is unfounded lah. NATO will never be held hostage by some lowly minority kurds.
Sweden and Finland are countries where criminals fled to seek asylum. A hotbed for all sort of criminals due to its neutrality in the past. Turkish believed, some of them became a politicians in those countries.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Are the Russkies still using their GSM for tiktoks or what? Their concentrations are easily mapped.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Another classic case of letting a kamikaze leader leading the people down the drain. Ukraine could have avoided all these destruction if they remained neutral. No nation in the world would want to wage a war unnecessarily (unless you are USA). Instead of living in peace, Finland will now live in a state of war preparedness with 1000km of Russian missiles pointing at them. Russians are used to it, they have been living in a state of war preparedness for the last 80 years.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Meanwhile in US… Biden sign decree on baby formula :biggrin: at least that’s something which promote life instead of destroying life
5A36B681-253E-427F-952B-5675DB878678.jpeg

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Albright was saved by a Yugoslav family during childhood… she return her gratitude with a couple on bombs… she has a snake named after her in Serbia and apparently she’s proud about it
1CDEF1C1-9B64-42A7-93E1-1F34EFB8CEC2.png
0478DFAB-ECAD-4821-9A30-A7D78C53C305.jpeg