• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Katong Park becomes cricket ground

GeylangCheongster

Alfrescian
Loyal
The whole place filled with India Indians who turn every piece of grassland into cricket ground

The funny thing is that before the India Indians took over, the place was filled with the chatter of Pinoy maids taking their owners' dogs for dog run.

The Banglas from the nearby construction sites who used to ogle the Pinoys are now put off by the presence of the cricketers

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
They also took over the basketball courts, the badminton courts..by allowing their children to run all over the place and making lots of noise at the top of their voices.

I saw a group of senior citizens who were using the grass patch beside a basketball court for their meditation, but with so much noise now, they are really pissed. Their complaints to the children's parents also were ignored.

We must all not let up and let these parasites and spongers come in and enjoy our good life so easily. WE must give them a rough and tough time to make sure they have to fight for every inch as well. After all, they come here to compete and we will compete.

Back in India, where they got such nice parks, clean open spaces and nice HDB flats to live in? Back in India, they pee in their swimming pools, on the streets, and rubbish grounds are their playing fields.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LOL. Katong had always been associated with Peranakans, upper-middle class Singaporeans, laksa, convent girls, the red bakery, the idyllic lifestyle etc.

Thanks for raping my fond memories.

It is your moral duty to blame the PAP for systematically, artificially and unscrupulously increasing Singapore's population through massive immigration, beyond the point of reason and sustainability.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Katong has many Indian expats now.. Just go to Parkway Parade on a weekend.. Feels like shopping in Mumbai while you are there.. Give an Ah neh a barren field, and he will turn it to a cricket ground... Back then when I was still staying with my parents in Tampines, bloody India Ah nehs used to interrupt my Sunday sleep by noisily having cricket games on a small patch of grass behind my parent's block.. What I did to teach this yaya Ah nehs was simple.. From my bedroom window, I threw a tied plastic bag full of my morning piss down the ground where the Ah Nehs were busy playing cricket.. Didn't hit them directly, but there were shouts and curses of anger from them..:biggrin: This goes on for a few more Sundays.. My guerilla warfare tactics were paying off and soon they stopped their morning cricket there..:biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For India's Ah Nehs, the Banglas and the Pakis, cricket is more than a sport. It is a religion.

Yes, Australia and NZ and some other commonwealth countries do cricket too, but it is not a first-tier sport.

If the India Ah Neh population keeps growing, it's only a matter of time before they petition the Singapore Sports Council to form a professional competitive cricket team filled with their Indian FTs. Don't be surprised if cricket garners prestige as a 'national sport' in Singapore, not unlike what PRCs did to ping pong.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL. Katong had always been associated with Peranakans, upper-middle class Singaporeans, laksa, convent girls, the red bakery, the idyllic lifestyle etc.

It is your moral duty to blame the PAP for systematically, artificially and unscrupulously increasing Singapore's population through massive immigration, beyond the point of reason and sustainability.

Katong Park is not Katong, whatever memories u have still remains :smile:
This is the park at the end of Meyer Road at cross junction with Fort Road. It is my dreams that they shattered. I always wish to own a nice seaview FH property along these stretch but ah nehs have taken over Meyer Road.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think Banglas play cricket. Banglas are too busy toiling to earn money to return to snake leaders.

It's the rich Indians like those Bollywood bums who play cricket.

For India's Ah Nehs, the Banglas and the Pakis, cricket is more than a sport. It is a religion.

Yes, Australia and NZ and some other commonwealth countries do cricket too, but it is not a first-tier sport.

If the India Ah Neh population keeps growing, it's only a matter of time before they petition the Singapore Sports Council to form a professional competitive cricket team filled with their Indian FTs. Don't be surprised if cricket garners prestige as a 'national sport' in Singapore, not unlike what PRCs did to ping pong.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
When Marine Parade was newly setup, teenagers who wanted to play at the basketball court had to consider that this new piece of land was contested by gangs from old Telok Kurau, Geyland, Tg. Katong. Yes, they were juvenile gangs, but if you were in that age-group, it would've been serious matter anyhow. You don't just play there, you had to wait till it was clear, otherwise, Babu and his cronies will come and find trouble with your friends.

I guess Babu is playing cricket now.\

Cheers!

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

hi there

1. bro, you do remember the good old days.
2. yes, me too grew up there leh.
3. boys from st pat's & those hot things from kc.
4. who can forget "tay bun guan"? & the red house.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube_share;c-KYwCXiRSY]http://youtu.be/c-KYwCXiRSY[/video]

Katong in the early 60's and Katong today.

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
More Australians are coming in and so they could now have more opportunities to play cricket with the Indians other than at the Tanglin Cricket Club.

The whole place filled with India Indians who turn every piece of grassland into cricket ground

The funny thing is that before the India Indians took over, the place was filled with the chatter of Pinoy maids taking their owners' dogs for dog run.

The Banglas from the nearby construction sites who used to ogle the Pinoys are now put off by the presence of the cricketers

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is bollygood-as that area is a midle/upper middle area that normally vote for PAP and should be under Wooden Goh who is also in India to visit his favourite FT's.
Former RI teacher, S Puhaindran whoes daughter in law Lo Hwei Yen was taken hostage and killed in the Mumbai is a grassroots and community "activist" in that area.

The cricket ball when stuck hard and hit the head can kill -and if it kill one of the 60% ,they have no cause for complain as they voted for the party that invited all the Indian FT's here.

Last edited:

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A shity games for the shits...

hello Dey, u also from muthu family?
Anyway nothing unusal, they already took over boon lay, jurong, little india field...etc... cricket n picnic n hold hand.
Pinoy took over wisma n lucky plaza n orchard tower area, picnic n dancing n "solicating" business.

Last edited:

ThugSin

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
sDSC02701.jpg

m60.jpg

Spas-1220shotgun.jpg