• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

kana infraction n ban

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
you mean got ( Inf ) can ban people ?

why some brothers already posted 2000+ post still never get ( Inf) ? how to get (Inf ) ?

The infraction function can serve a purpose, it can also be abused. Dont practice it if you believe in freedom expression.

I know sometimes it can be irritating but there's always the ignore function.

If it's abuse I think you can report it to Sam but of cause you must justify it.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The infraction function can serve a purpose, it can also be abused. Dont practice it if you believe in freedom expression.

If it's abuse I think you can report it to Sam but of cause you must justify it.

i never give out infraction because , as you said i believe in freedom of speech . so far i only give out one and it is to return teekee a "favour " .

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
if that is the case ...how to get more points ? by the amount of post ? :confused:

if to get more points is caculated by the amount of post ...you have already posted 1000+ post but why your points still so low ? :confused:

Points based on other people giving you reputation. From what I can gather. There really should be some sort of "policy" explaining how all this works. I mostly hang out in the emigration folder. Venturing into the kopitiam once in a while. I still don't think its perfect, few months down the track, will all the former infractors gaining enough points things would be back to "usual". The problem I can see is that Sam is not concern about people giving infractions or not. Its about generating traffic like he said. Hence, if there is not enough people complaining about it, he lets things be. The recent restructuring seems to stem from the fact that he has notice people complaining about infractions for some time now and a thread even discusses how this is harmful. I suppose if you voice out hard and long enough, actions would take place.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal

I've reported to Sam before on getting infractions without any reasons at all. The person even leave a blank message on my infractions. Sometimes ignore just don't work, and yes, its bound for abuse as well.

lovesamleong

Alfrescian
Loyal
wahlaneh...
now im back!:biggrin:

Why don't they just do away with the infraction thing and bring in the click to Thanks feature. And maybe, if available, a click to Up Yours feature.

Some forums have this Thanks feature and it saves bandwidth if the Thanks and Up Yours feature is available.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why don't they just do away with the infraction thing and bring in the click to Thanks feature. And maybe, if available, a click to Up Yours feature.

Some forums have this Thanks feature and it saves bandwidth if the Thanks and Up Yours feature is available.

He doesn't believe in thanksgiving. :p And he loves to see human nature at its real. Which includes killing one another :biggrin:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Points based on other people giving you reputation. From what I can gather. There really should be some sort of "policy" explaining how all this works. I mostly hang out in the emigration folder. Venturing into the kopitiam once in a while. I still don't think its perfect, few months down the track, will all the former infractors gaining enough points things would be back to "usual". The problem I can see is that Sam is not concern about people giving infractions or not. Its about generating traffic like he said. Hence, if there is not enough people complaining about it, he lets things be. The recent restructuring seems to stem from the fact that he has notice people complaining about infractions for some time now and a thread even discusses how this is harmful. I suppose if you voice out hard and long enough, actions would take place.

thankyou for the explaination ...by the way , let those people do what they want in cyberspace ..because they cant achieve much in their real life ...so just let them do what they want here ....anyway its not going to hurt us :wink: here :wink:

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've reported to Sam before on getting infractions without any reasons at all. The person even leave a blank message on my infractions. Sometimes ignore just don't work, and yes, its bound for abuse as well.

If it's a true case of abuse, I believe Sam will address the problem for you.

I think ignore should work fine, just identify the nick and add it into the ignore box in your control panel and click save. You'll never get to read their post and you wont feel irritated.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
thankyou for the explaination ...by the way , let those people do what they want in cyberspace ..because they cant achieve much in their real life ...so just let them do what they want here ....anyway its not going to hurt us :wink: here :wink:

People in the emigration folder do not give infractions etc. We are mostly there sharing information etc. There is a long standing troll there as you can see and he/it seems to be spilling over to the main forum nowadays. We do tolerate it and ignore it. The strange thing is the infractions that some of the emigration people have received is from the main forum. Which makes it a bit strange as well.

Again, all this is just conjecture at this point, Sam could change it again tomorrow.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why don't they just do away with the infraction thing.....

I am a believer of freedom of expression so I'm also of the opinion on doing away with the infraction function if it's subjected to abuse more than serving it's purpose. But I guess Sam has his reasons and sees it differently. Anway, if too many reports of abuse, I believe he will find a solution to this.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
People in the emigration folder do not give infractions etc. We are mostly there sharing information etc. There is a long standing troll there as you can see and he/it seems to be spilling over to the main forum nowadays. We do tolerate it and ignore it. The strange thing is the infractions that some of the emigration people have received is from the main forum. Which makes it a bit strange as well.

I believe there're some trouble makers going around doing mischief just for fun of it.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am a believer of freedom of expression so I'm also of the opinion on doing away with the infraction function if it's subjected to abuse more than serving it's purpose. But I guess Sam has his reasons and sees it differently. Anway, if too many reports of abuse, I believe he will find a solution to this.

I have a couple of "theory" of why Sam maintained an infraction system like this. All stemming from trying to keep traffic up and being lazy enough that you get others to do the job for you of keeping the forum decent enough.

1) Reward long standing contributors. Notice that its points/reputation base. In general, if you can gather enough reputation you should also have the foresight to try to keep the forum decent. I.E. banning people that are abusive.

2) Infractions encourage people to be more obsessive about gaining "reputation". Hence more post, activity in the forum. Some of the infractions are basic tick for tacks responds. You infract me, I'll infract you back tomorrow etc.

In general, I do not really care if there is an infraction in place or not. As long as my views are heard and shared. It gets abusive on point 2) when people start using the system as some sort of personal vendetta.

I believe there're some trouble makers going around doing mischief just for fun of it.

There is always troublemakers. Most of the time it does not really matter what they say or do. If they make the forum "unreadable" then its a big concern for me. I'll just stop coming in thats all.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
90% of the infractions I have given out were for TeeKee too, another 5% to his clones.

Any similarity between him and a human is purely coincidental! Perhaps hes whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others. teekee should be the poster child for birth control. :wink:

by the way , who is his clones ? :confused:

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any similarity between him and a human is purely coincidental! Perhaps hes whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others. teekee should be the poster child for birth control. :wink:

by the way , who is his clones ? :confused:

vigboyr or something to that effect is the biggest clone her has. There are two or three minor ones which i forgot the names of.

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so far only yellowpeople , cao pi and teekee give me infraction ..no big deal ...my life still goes on ..:wink:

Indeed. Still have to work, make MONEY, pang sai, pang jue, Eat...etc... Bro drifter, saw your reply at owe $ P $ thread, feel very sad for your friend recent encounter regarding bout the 20k fund, if the buggar never paid up, send my condolence to him. Life still goes on as you quoted... and on... and on..... heres a song for your friend......
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XPCZ9MCbi2s?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XPCZ9MCbi2s?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>