• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Kampong Days - Remember Singapore Weblog - Worth Reading

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I voted opposition and will continue to do so until 2/3 majority is lost to opposition. And I write comments to convince others to do the same.

you can wait long long... your coward ways of making a change will be totally futile. Keep on doing it while your govt keep on increasing your CPF ceiling, increase property tax, increase your cost of everything.. and you can keeping on voting every 5 years while the 5 years you just suck thumb and get screwed.

That is why i stay away from sinkies... they just dun have the balls to get things done and solve their problems immediately....sinkie losers.

oh yes, if you do not know.. your PAP love to draw bounderies and check the population statistic to their freedom and advantage so they will keep on winning .

and the new citizen will vote for them too... maybe you should learn to suck both thumb and screw by 2 cactus instead of one. It will comes in handy in the very near future.

Last edited:

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
you can wait long long... your coward ways of making a change will be totally futile. Keep on doing it while your govt keep on increasing your CPF ceiling, increase property tax, increase your cost of everything.. and you can keeping on voting every 5 years while the 5 years you just suck thumb and get screwed.

That is why i stay away from sinkies... they just dun have the balls to get things done and solve their problems immediately....sinkie losers.
Utter nonsense. It was all the online comments and dissent that changed many sinkies mind, including mine. The pen is mightier than the sword. Without everyone's online contribution, many sinkies, especially the retirees will still vote PAP. Do you know more and more sinkie retirees are being introduced to online forums and blogs when their children buy them their first iPad? The next two elections will see more seats going to opposition as the digital age reaches the older folks.

The keyboard and vote are the most powerful, yet civil tools to effect change.

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
I enjoyed the old kampung days but not the sanitation and hygiene levels. It didn't bother me that much then because that was all I was used to. But having lived with all the modern conveniences, when I visit places with less than desirable hygiene standards (Singapore and overseas) , its something I definitely am glad we have moved on. Nostalgia always brings back the fond memories :-)

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Utter nonsense. It was all the online comments and dissent that changed many sinkies mind, including mine. The pen is mightier than the sword. Without everyone's online contribution, many sinkies, especially the retirees will still vote PAP. Do you know more and more sinkie retirees are being introduced to online forums and blogs when their children buy them their first iPad? The next two elections will see more seats going to opposition as the digital age reaches the older folks.

Datok. Agree.

More and more middle-aged folks now knows that OUR hard earned Cpf money are unjustly locked up instead of being released back to us at age 55.:o

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

you think the locals vote only? The new citizens vote too. Being a coward will not change anything at all. You just do not admit that you are a coward.

you still wanna wait for 2 elections? The Thais threw out their PM with a protest. No people with respect of their rights will wait for election to make a change.

You cannot even defend and fight for your own rights. coward sinkies.

I am right again for staying away from sinkies.

5 years can bring in a population of Foreigners who convert to New Citizens which will overtake the locals. I wonder how far can your Acted Virtual Bravery and real life cowardice can bring you.

Smart singaporeans will move out and hack care this shithole sinkieland of yours.

Last edited:

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
you think the locals vote only? The new citizens vote too. Being a coward will not change anything at all. You just do not admit that you are a coward.

you still wanna wait for 2 elections? The Thais threw out their PM with a protest. No people with respect of their rights will wait for election to make a change.

You cannot even defend and fight for your own rights. coward sinkies.

I am right again for staying away from sinkies.

5 years can bring in a population of Foreigners who convert to New Citizens which will overtake the locals. I wonder how far can your Acted Virtual Bravery and real life cowardice can bring you.

Smart singaporeans will move out and hack care this shithole sinkieland of yours.
The new citizens will share the same interest of original citizens. Nobody wants stagnant wages with ever escalating property and COE prices. Why would new citizens vote for PAP when they have already gotten the citizenship? How does PAP give special benefits to new citizens over the rest?

The Thais overwhelmingly voted thaksin, and the military took over in a coup. That's why the Thais revolted.

If you want to stay away from sinkies, then don't come to this forum. Don't pretend to be opposition and spout extremist views to make your master look good in comparison.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The new citizens will share the same interest of original citizens. Nobody wants stagnant wages with ever escalating property and COE prices. Why would new citizens vote for PAP when they have already gotten the citizenship? How does PAP give special benefits to new citizens over the rest?

The Thais overwhelmingly voted thaksin, and the military took over in a coup. That's why the Thais revolted.

If you want to stay away from sinkies, then don't come to this forum. Don't pretend to be opposition and spout extremist views to make your master look good in comparison.

oh you are so naive.. ok then.... you mentioned 2 elections... pls remember what you say... 2 election PAP will fall... wahahahhah!!!

i only believe it will fall when protest is started... post in the internet will not make the PAP fall.

The joy of seeing sinkie getting screw by high cost and unfairness will be in sinkieland for a long time if cowardice still persist.

i am stating the truth.. cowardice will not bring you anywhere at all. If the thais didn't protest and behave like you, thaskin will still be the PM and eating up all the Thai resources for his own family advantage.

The Thais deserve more respect than sinkies. Hong Kong people protest too to fight against unfair policies and in the end, the policies is stopped.

But what does sinkie do? Post in the forum and hope for the Best WAHAHHAHAHHAHA!!!!! how dumbfuck can that be?

i am here to throw the cowardice truth in front of the face of sinkies and insulted them to shame. and i love doing it.

Recently i read that there is an increase in property tax. wahahahahah what property do you have when you are renting the apartment from your sinkie govt. that is the funniest thing i have read.

you sinkies got title deeds? then what property? This is a thing that sinkies can protest. but no!! they dun, they just bend down, get screwed and suck thumb while increased in property tax is imposed no your pathetic cowardice shit.

enjoy giving away all your hard earned money , sinkies... wahahhahahahh

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am inclined to agree with watchman. I was one of those Sam accused of demanding unsustainable salaries, which is simply not true. The fact is, there were a number of recessions world wide, European MNCs lost their purchasing power, and then later China after years of Communist economy, opened up with its bottomless pit of cheap labour, and suddenly all our clocks were wound backwards into the Middle Ages. Of course our wage levels could never be lower than those of China's, it's just the geopolitical fact of life, not Singaporeans' fault. We all want and look forward to a better life after years of toil. Why not? In time, China's labour will also become expensive, but that's a long time away. Already the coastal cities economic zones have become more costly and investors are moving westwards into the centre. Even if we can tighten our belts, our population is only 5 million at the most. How to compete with a billion?

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am inclined to agree with watchman. I was one of those Sam accused of demanding unsustainable salaries, which is simply not true. The fact is, there were a number of recessions world wide, European MNCs lost their purchasing power, and then later China after years of Communist economy, opened up with its bottomless pit of cheap labour, and suddenly all our clocks were wound backwards into the Middle Ages. Of course our wage levels could never be lower than those of China's, it's just the geopolitical fact of life, not Singaporeans' fault. We all want and look forward to a better life after years of toil. Why not? In time, China's labour will also become expensive, but that's a long time away. Already the coastal cities economic zones have become more costly and investors are moving westwards into the centre. Even if we can tighten our belts, our population is only 5 million at the most. How to compete with a billion?
There are ways to do ok by focussing on areas that they are weak in. Intellectual property protection is weak in both India and china, that's why pharma companies are manufacturing here, amongst other high tech products. Education is another strong point that the government missed by delaying the rapid expansion of proper university sector, and instead allowed the private colleges to spoil the reputation.

And instead of using the vast wealth accumulated in GIC and temasick to blindly dump into foreign firms, the government could have insisted that these investment money comes with strings, such as employing a number of sinkie grads. That could have seeded a number of careers and thus kick start a constant flow of jobs to sinkies.

Instead these money were eventually used to employ even more foreigners at obscene salaries because old man thinks ang mohs are better at everything. Then after the 08 crisis, the obsession shifted to prc and ah nehs.

The past 10 to 15 years were squandered because leegime focus was, and still is, on Singapore, not Singaporeans.

eErotica96

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro leongsam, i agree with you that it's tough. however, the long term survival of a company should not rely on cheap labour. there's always upcoming developing countries with cheaper labour and cost than us. cheaper, better, faster, should not be applied on labour, it should be applied on the process. it can be done. from the top to the bottom and not bottom to top, if you know what i mean. steve job is very good example. but then again, how many steve job are there in the world........

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
steve job is very good example. but then again, how many steve job are there in the world........

That's the point I've been making all along. We don't have a Steve Jobs and even if we did, Singapore would be too tiny a playground for the likes of such people.

In my view, Singapore cannot survive long term. It is simply too small and it is not a proper country as it isn't homogeneous in any way. NZ will always have its sheep and its dairy. OZ has mineral deposits that will last another century. The US, UK etc have a critical mass. Singapore has nothing.

The PAP is simply doing what it can to sustain the economy for as long as possible until the inevitable implosion occurs. Those who are smart enough to realise this should take full advantage of the healthy real estate market to cash out and move on to better things. The party can't possibly last much longer.

While much vitriol has been aimed at the PAP, I doubt very much if any of the others could have done any better and most would probably have done a lot worse. Had Lim Chin Siong emerged victorious, I certainly wouldn't have had the opportunity to learn and prosper with an American Multinational. I don't know how my life would have turned out. Perhaps I would have left the country a lot earlier to seek out my fortune.

If you put aside the gini coefficient debate, the social issues and the lack of transparency and look at the raw numbers, you have to acknowledge the country has punched way above its weight for more than 3 decades and that, in itself, is a remarkable achievement regardless of who exactly is responsible for the success.

GOONDUSAMI

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Well said. But if the people are prepared to sacrifice some freedoms, and rally strongly behind PAP, I dont belive we cant continue to punch above our weight.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very nicely put and I do agree with you. Its the reason why I have been encouraging everyone here to make the World their Oyster.

What I cannot condone is using this country and its people as fodder, a factory , their sandpit to play, to line their pockets legally, and make a future for their offsprings in a different country, When Philip Yeo allowed a renown scientists who he employed on behalf of Singapore to supervise his son's academic pursuit, it broke the camel's back. .All of them are heavily involved in property speculation and it is in their interest to force prices up to make the gains. Sentosa Cove was another conflict and it involved a Chairman of CCC.

These are tip of the iceberg. Arresting lorry drivers for bribes is a show.

What started as a great journey and went on for a good 25 years has begun to turn sour.

That's the point I've been making all along. We don't have a Steve Jobs and even if we did, Singapore would be too tiny a playground for the likes of such people.

In my view, Singapore cannot survive long term. It is simply too small and it is not a proper country as it isn't homogeneous in any way. NZ will always have its sheep and its dairy. OZ has mineral deposits that will last another century. The US, UK etc have a critical mass. Singapore has nothing.

The PAP is simply doing what it can to sustain the economy for as long as possible until the inevitable implosion occurs. Those who are smart enough to realise this should take full advantage of the healthy real estate market to cash out and move on to better things. The party can't possibly last much longer.

While much vitriol has been aimed at the PAP, I doubt very much if any of the others could have done any better and most would probably have done a lot worse. Had Lim Chin Siong emerged victorious, I certainly wouldn't have had the opportunity to learn and prosper with an American Multinational. I don't know how my life would have turned out. Perhaps I would have left the country a lot earlier to seek out my fortune.

If you put aside the gini coefficient debate, the social issues and the lack of transparency and look at the raw numbers, you have to acknowledge the country has punched way above its weight for more than 3 decades and that, in itself, is a remarkable achievement regardless of who exactly is responsible for the success.

Last edited:

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It shows what a great job LKY has done in the span of a single generation.

There is no LKY in the place you ran to or quit to if you preferred......so you must be living in the same conditions as depicted?

eErotica96

Alfrescian
Loyal

duly noted with thanks.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Besides being the resident Chinese chauvinist.....now you are also kopi chauvinist ah?

90s was the beginning of the rot....wonder if old fart was so visionary that wooden was put as seat warmer during this era.

What resident Chinese chauvinist? Then you must be the resident malay chauvinist. Not kopi chauvinist why you say like this i have never supported kopi uncle

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Datok. Agree.

More and more middle-aged folks now knows that OUR hard earned Cpf money are unjustly locked up instead of being released back to us at age 55.:o

Encik, GIVE, we gave, what lock up..it is not ours for the asking, it is theirs for the giving, WHEN, you can't even ask! We are a nation of charitable people, who give everyday to a fund..GIVE, GIVE, GIVE..it is the season to be giving..tra la la la , la la la la..GIVE MORE!! GIVE, GIVE, GIVE!! "but please mind the platform gaps, that is where you gave, many have sidled off into the gaps" next time , heed the warning.. but please GIVE!

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Surely you meant 'obstetrician.'

You forget the sadness, misery and despair when children died at birth because they were delivered by midwives instead of by gynecologists. Mothers often died too.

You forget the financial consequences of having the sole breadwinner die slowly from Tuberculosis.

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
beside the firecracker,i miss the kampong rooster crowing which is one of the traditional sounds of kampong living.

chicken.jpg

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That site & it's links were a good read, actually i spent the last 2 days pouring over them; before coming back to sbf.
Thanks to TS & his introducer..:smile: