• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JUNK FOOD KILL! Silly Ang Mo Girl eat Chicken Naggets only for 15 years almost mati!

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: JUNK FOOD KILL! Silly Ang Mo Girl eat Chicken Naggets only for 15 years almost ma

I'd say that the Malay and Indian obesity, especially women middle age and above, are even worse. Chinese are quite average alright. Eurasian obesity in Singapore, show me one? We all mostly eat western food or fast food known as junk food, roast, toast, fried or "processed." Show me one obese?

OOhhhhhh.....that's very good!!! so nice to be an eurasian.... eat so many still not obese. so god damn confident there is no obese eurasian in the WHOLE world... so hey, feeling high after so many compliments? stop trying to fish for them in this forum, please.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: JUNK FOOD KILL! Silly Ang Mo Girl eat Chicken Naggets only for 15 years almost ma

Where were the parents all this time? and she is an adult sure must know when to stop,,there should be a law that if people want kids,.they must prove that they can support the child and are of sound mind doing well economically and a breeding license will be issued,,,high time shit like that stops,..

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Where were the parents all this time? and she is an adult sure must know when to stop,,there should be a law that if people want kids,.they must prove that they can support the child and are of sound mind doing well economically and a breeding license will be issued,,,high time shit like that stops,..

Nowadays most parents are busy working & the kids are latch key kids.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal

I half agree with Ah Forve. Never eat Malay food. Never eat Indian food. But disagree half also. Never eat western fast food also. I only eat Chinese food LOL

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Nowadays most parents are busy working & the kids are latch key kids.

Still the Parents fault..they never spend quality time with their kids,...most likely also the Parents are likely Trailer Park Trash...and she is from a single parent family,,,,that is why its even more important Breeding License be issued...

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
uncleyap said:
Ang Moh is full of JUNK culture. Junk culture produced junk parents and feed junks to children.

Yet some think that these are Freedom and Rights or Choice.:biggrin:

Fortunately these will eventually turn lethal and kill them and eliminates the problems.:p

I once read a report that McDonald has a food composition quite similar to the recommended food pyramid. There is bread (carbo), meat, greens, cheese and cream. People call fast food junk food when comparing to restaurant food which can even be more balanced.

Hawker food, on the other hand, is not as balanced. Char Kway Teow, Chye Tow Kuay, Hokkien Mee, for example are pure carbo and practically nothing else. Vegetables are either missing or in very limited quantity in the majority of hawker food.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal

I once read a report that McDonald has a food composition quite similar to the recommended food pyramid. There is bread (carbo), meat, greens, cheese and cream. People call fast food junk food when comparing to restaurant food which can even be more balanced.

Hawker food, on the other hand, is not as balanced. Char Kway Teow, Chye Tow Kuay, Hokkien Mee, for example are pure carbo and practically nothing else. Vegetables are either missing or in very limited quantity in the majority of hawker food.

No one actually have the same condition of health, age, work, activity, needs, mental state etc, so there isn't any perfect model that would universally fit all people, at all time. Actually on a different day, climate, emotion, etc, a same person may need totally opposite diet.

It is not so simple that one formulae / recipe can fit all persons at all time.

Doctors told some people to avoid certain food / drink but it is usually correct to make certain exceptions, even if it concerns allergy. It is quite complex, and if one blindly follows, it may actually screw up.

E.g. senior citizens who were told by doctor to cut sugar due to adiabatic conditions, sometimes over-do their controls and ended fainted / giddy due to hypoglycemia. If they measured their blood sugar they may find their readings change on different days. time & situations. Some times they are too low, other times too high, so they may need to cut or take sugar, or they may be just fine within healthy range. Blindly applying a strict simple rule isn't going to work.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
uncleyap said:
No one actually have the same condition of health, age, work, activity, needs, mental state etc, so there isn't any perfect model that would universally fit all people, at all time. Actually on a different day, climate, emotion, etc, a same person may need totally opposite diet.

It is not so simple that one formulae / recipe can fit all persons at all

E.g. senior citizens who were told by doctor to cut sugar due to adiabatic conditions, sometimes over-do their controls and ended fainted / giddy due to hypoglycemia.
Why complicate the issue by bringing in people with special problems. Such people have to be dealt with on a case by case basis.

Not all senior citizens are diabetic but all senior citizens should take in a little less iron. If they are diabetic, of course, they have to lower their sugar and carbohydrate intake and monitor their blood sugar to determine the proper level of reduction. If they are on medication, this monitoring becomes even more important.

For people without this condition, the general food pyramid can be recommended. Even for the diabetic, a balanced diet is still a recommended diet with a slight reduction in carbo intake as making it up too much with protein for example will unnecessary over-stress another organ and that is not good.

In fact, following a balanced diet according to the food pyramid is actually adopting an ancient Chinese philosophy of 中庸 (Doctrine of the Mean). Of course you are well aware of this principle.

Cranial Blowout

Alfrescian
Loyal

There're instances of men growing breasts due to hormones in chicken. Who knows what the long term effects from continually eating processed chicken or meat. A moustache perhaps? Not an attractive thought, some parents have a lot to answer for.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal

In fact, following a balanced diet according to the food pyramid is actually adopting an ancient Chinese philosophy of 中庸 (Doctrine of the Mean). Of course you are well aware of this principle.

When I was a student / NSF I tot I could enjoy food meal as a pleasure once I began work and earned my monies (ROD). And I did.

What happened after I made some money? I grew to exceeding 80KG in compared against my good fitness during NS. :biggrin:

Then I realised this is not bloody good and too unhealthy. I began to feel these pains when gout attack started on my feet. When my age past 40 gradually I found some friends past away for bad health.:( So I really learned that food can not be taken for as a pleasure and doing that is totally opposite of eating food to stay alive. Abusing food kills the eater.:eek:

Don't eat what you don't need. Choosing food based on flavour or taste or lifestyle is suicidal.

The wisdom is: it is too easy to take substance into your body, but very difficult or impossible to remove from your body in some cases. So taking in what is not supposed to go into your body is unwise - extremely unwise. Don't fall for the excitement of eating / tasting / challenge / curiosity / greed / unjustified desire to eat. This seduction is lethal and painful but not instantly, you will regret when only it is too fucking late.:eek:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Eat nothing but chicken macnuggets for 15 years?? I'm surprised she's not dead yet! :eek:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I know of a relative daughter who takes nothing but deep fried chicken wing since young age, now she's 22 still doing the same thing.
I told her maid you 've not learned any skill except fried chicken wing all these years! She said yeah lor!

I am worried that her system are filled with chicken fats/oil. She doesn't take much fruits and vegetables, I am afraid she'll be the next
ang mo girl!!

Chicken fat is the least of her worry.. I watched a random taiwanese news report on youtube recently on a young girl who eats KFC everyday. At age 7, she started to develop breasts. Her mom thought her daughter would have a super hot figure.. but a medical check revealed the poor girl was experiencing premature puberty due to all the growth hormones she was consuming.

My advice is to eat fresh. Processed foods may be tasty and convenient.. but it will fuck you up in the long term.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

I saw a similar report and another on pharmaceutical workers including males developing breast after handling hormonal products.
Chicken fat is the least of her worry.. I watched a random taiwanese news report on youtube recently on a young girl who eats KFC everyday. At age 7, she started to develop breasts. Her mom thought her daughter would have a super hot figure.. but a medical check revealed the poor girl was experiencing premature puberty due to all the growth hormones she was consuming.My advice is to eat fresh. Processed foods may be tasty and convenient.. but it will fuck you up in the long term.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Unless you are an exception DNA wise, not good at all. Know 2 guys, slim, fit both ended up in hospital. Friends and colleagues were surprised. It turned out that one chap was Kway Chap king and the other prawn king. Kway Chap king got heartache at home and ended with open heart surgery. Prawn King lined up at a Health Expo in the old world trade centre for free cholestrol check, his reading was very high. The distributor immediately called for ambulance. Warded. I was surprised that ambulance even responded but the caller must have some medical background.
I'd say that the Malay and Indian obesity, especially women middle age and above, are even worse. Chinese are quite average alright. Eurasian obesity in Singapore, show me one? We all mostly eat western food or fast food known as junk food, roast, toast, fried or "processed." Show me one obese? My point is moderation in whatever you eat and of course, skepticism in doctors' reports that because you ate too much of the same thing, you lack nutrients or vitamins. Think about it. Don't trust doctors too much. If you fall ill, just get them to get you well. They'll come up with all sorts of reasons why you're ill to justify themselves academically on top of professionally. It's good for their progression and promotion in career.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

Unless you are an exception DNA wise, not good at all. Know 2 guys, slim, fit both ended up in hospital. Friends and colleagues were surprised. It turned out that one chap was Kway Chap king and the other prawn king. Kway Chap king got heartache at home and ended with open heart surgery. Prawn King lined up at a Health Expo in the old world trade centre for free cholestrol check, his reading was very high. The distributor immediately called for ambulance. Warded. I was surprised that ambulance even responded but the caller must have some medical background.

Kway chup is horrible with all those intestinal offals. Prawn noodle soup is quite tasty and I don't think unhealthy unless you over eat. It's just soup and noodle and a couple of prawns at most with a standard hawker serving. How unhealthy can it get per serving? I think the trouble is eating it dry with all those oily chili and condiments.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, seriously, after these cases the notion of slim and fit chaps being healthy vanished. So it a whole range of food in moderation. Can't beat fish. Already the Eurasian population is small, can't afford to lose anymore.
Kway chup is horrible with all those intestinal offals. Prawn noodle soup is quite tasty and I don't think unhealthy unless you over eat. It's just soup and noodle and a couple of prawns at most with a standard hawker serving. How unhealthy can it get per serving? I think the trouble is eating it dry with all those oily chili and condiments.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, seriously, after these cases the notion of slim and fit chaps being healthy vanished. So it a whole range of food in moderation. Can't beat fish. Already the Eurasian population is small, can't afford to lose anymore.

Don't worry, I like fish. Well, usually fish and chips or fish burgers. The Chinese way of cooking and eating whole fish, I do think it's more healthy in cooking sense but quite messy in the eating sense since it must be shared unless you want one whole fish as a whole meal.

mayliewwan

Alfrescian
Loyal

New research on obesity put the blames on man made chemicals. Was watching CBC's Nature of Things on the Jan 23 That episode was an eye opener. For those who are interested, goto www.cbc.ca, click on watch and look for Nature of Things. That eisode was called "Programmed to be fat?" Not sure if available outside North America.Babies are getting fatter. Can't be junk food.Animals living near humans are getting fatter. Can't be junk food? Man made chemicals??? Heard of obesogens?? if not google

I use to go to the US on a regular basis & would see many fat & obese americans:eek:

Over in Spore we are already seeing the impact of fast foods. Just look at the chubby kids:(
In US the problems is worse because portions are larger & they have been eating this kind of food longer than in Spore.

There's an interesting video on youtube about the dangers of fast foods:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHKCb0_2oD0&feature=related

mayliewwan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fish??? Have you not heard the dangers of farmed fish?? Eg Vietnamese catfish?? Dirty polluted waters. Over use of growth hormones. Wild fish??? Not too sure. New research showed a worrying trend. Microplastics accumulating in cells. Microplastics are found in large numbers along shorelines where there lots of people. What's the long term implication when the plastics degrades in the cells?
Will there will another Dr Paula Baillie Hamilton? From the Nature of Things, she was the first to link the man made chemicals to obesity

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

New research on obesity put the blames on man made chemicals. Was watching CBC's Nature of Things on the Jan 23 That episode was an eye opener. For those who are interested, goto www.cbc.ca, click on watch and look for Nature of Things. That eisode was called "Programmed to be fat?" Not sure if available outside North America.Babies are getting fatter. Can't be junk food.Animals living near humans are getting fatter. Can't be junk food? Man made chemicals??? Heard of obesogens?? if not google

It's a fact that trans fats, msg, engineered fats to increase shelf life,..... causes obesity. They are also very unhealthy. You just have to take the trouble to read the health books.

What is scary is that this is legal & been going on for decades. The poor consumer has to educate themselves & avoid these foods. Otherwise you'll end up another statistic.