• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jewel Changi airport is looking like a ghost town.....

jw5

Loyal
from landtransportguru.net:

Changi Airport Terminals & JEWEL closed to non-flying public (May-Jun 2021)​

Changi Airport Terminals 1 and 3, and Jewel Changi Airport were temporarily closed to the non-flying public from 13 May to 13 June 2021. The month-long closure was used to carry out COVID-19 swab tests for all frontline airport staff, facilitate cleaning and disinfection of premises and facilities, and prepare airport staff for revised operating processes and protocols. Terminals 2 and 4 were already closed prior to the May 2021 temporary closure period.

The airport remained open for air travel during this period. However, access to the terminal buildings was restricted to passengers with air tickets and essential airport workers, and only essential services and selected F&B outlets remained open in these areas.

There was no change to the existing public bus and train services to Changi Airport.

jw5

Loyal

Background​

The full closure of airport facilities to the non-flying public was implemented in light of a spike in locally transmitted COVID-19 cases in early May 2021 linked to airport workers, some of whom had interacted with COVID-19 patients that arrived from high-risk countries. On 10 May 2021, Basement 2 of Terminal 3 was closed to the public.

The full airport closure (initially two weeks; from 13 to 26 May 2021) was announced abruptly on 12 May 2021, only a day before the two-week closure was set to commence. It also happened to be the eve of Hari Raya Puasa, a public holiday that would have seen more patrons at the airport than usual.

At the time of closure, Singapore was in Phase 3 (Heightened Alert) phase, with social gatherings capped at 5 people, and dining-in was allowed. Stricter measures kicked in from May 16 to June 13 with Phase 2 (Heightened Alert), which saw social gatherings capped to 2 people and dining-in prohibited.

According to the Ministry of Health (MOH), as of 19 May 2021, 95 cases of COVID-19 have been linked to the Changi Airport Terminal 3 cluster. A further 11 cases are linked to the Changi Airport Terminal 1 cluster. This is an evolving situation, and readers are advised to visit the MOH website for the latest updates.

On 21 May 2021, the closure was extended for a further two weeks, ending on 13 June 2021, the end of the Phase 2 (Heightened Alert) period. According to Changi Airport, whilst the disinfection of the premises have been completed, the additional time would airport workers to be briefed and trained on new operating processes and requirements, as well as for enhanced safety protocols to be implemented smoothly.

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal

Background​

The full closure of airport facilities to the non-flying public was implemented in light of a spike in locally transmitted COVID-19 cases in early May 2021 linked to airport workers, some of whom had interacted with COVID-19 patients that arrived from high-risk countries. On 10 May 2021, Basement 2 of Terminal 3 was closed to the public.

The full airport closure (initially two weeks; from 13 to 26 May 2021) was announced abruptly on 12 May 2021, only a day before the two-week closure was set to commence. It also happened to be the eve of Hari Raya Puasa, a public holiday that would have seen more patrons at the airport than usual.

At the time of closure, Singapore was in Phase 3 (Heightened Alert) phase, with social gatherings capped at 5 people, and dining-in was allowed. Stricter measures kicked in from May 16 to June 13 with Phase 2 (Heightened Alert), which saw social gatherings capped to 2 people and dining-in prohibited.

According to the Ministry of Health (MOH), as of 19 May 2021, 95 cases of COVID-19 have been linked to the Changi Airport Terminal 3 cluster. A further 11 cases are linked to the Changi Airport Terminal 1 cluster. This is an evolving situation, and readers are advised to visit the MOH website for the latest updates.

On 21 May 2021, the closure was extended for a further two weeks, ending on 13 June 2021, the end of the Phase 2 (Heightened Alert) period. According to Changi Airport, whilst the disinfection of the premises have been completed, the additional time would airport workers to be briefed and trained on new operating processes and requirements, as well as for enhanced safety protocols to be implemented smoothly.
shut down the damn place for at least 3 months
the ventilation and aircon system needs a overhaul
the ventilation system is infested with indian variant

jw5

Loyal
from msn.com:

CAG chief says Changi cluster started at arrival gates & baggage claim​

Singapore—Changi Airport Group (CAG)’s investigations have shown that the Covid-19 infection cluster at the airport’s Terminal 3 started at the arrival gates and baggage claim hall.

This is where Changi Airport personnel worked closely with passengers who flew in.

Around half of the personnel who tested positive for Covid had been working at the arrival zone.

Mr Lee Seow Hiang, the Chief Executive Officer of CAG, said at a media conference on Monday (May 24) that this suggests the primary infection may have started in places where staff and passengers got into close contact, The Straits Times reports.

The staff that worked at the arrival gates and baggage claim hall associated with staff assigned to the transit areas, departure gates and the Basement 2 foodcourt.

In these areas, “the risk profile is no different than the rest of Singapore”, Mr Lee added.

The infection cluster at Changi Airport has grown to become the biggest in Singapore, with over a hundred cases recorded.

Other parts of the airport are “relatively clean,” according to Mr Lee. He added that almost 97 per cent of the 2,000 personnel assigned to the airport’s central transit area have been tested for Covid.

There are no positive cases from the other areas except for a particular group of staff who had mingled with the personnel working in the arrival zone.

There are 43 Changi Airport personnel who have tested positive for Covid.

Twenty-one of them worked at Terminal 3’s arrival zone. Eleven of them were assigned to the baggage claim hall and 10 at the arrival gates.

There are six cases in the second cluster in the transit area near the arrival zone.

One more case was found at the departure immigration checkpoint in the transit area, Mr Lee said.

There is one more secondary site at the food court in Basement 2. Twelve of the 21 people who had got infected at the arrival zone had gone to this area.

It was reported by the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore and CAG last week that the cluster may have been sparked by an airport worker who helped a family from South Asia.

This family arrived in Singapore on April 29.

On this matter, Mr Lee said, “We have disclosed what we know from a CAG point of view, and I don’t want to speculate on the other details that are ongoing in the investigations.

“We are taking a complete, comprehensive look, based on the World Health Organisation’s and our own health authorities’ understanding of the different modes of transmission.

“That is more or less the most important at the moment, over and above the micro-aspects of individuals.”

jw5

Loyal
from msn.com:

Singapore—Changi Airport Group (CAG)’s investigations have shown that the Covid-19 infection cluster at the airport’s Terminal 3 started at the arrival gates and baggage claim hall.

This is where Changi Airport personnel worked closely with passengers who flew in.

Around half of the personnel who tested positive for Covid had been working at the arrival zone.

Mr Lee Seow Hiang, the Chief Executive Officer of CAG, said at a media conference on Monday (May 24) that this suggests the primary infection may have started in places where staff and passengers got into close contact, The Straits Times reports.

The staff that worked at the arrival gates and baggage claim hall associated with staff assigned to the transit areas, departure gates and the Basement 2 foodcourt.

In these areas, “the risk profile is no different than the rest of Singapore”, Mr Lee added.

The infection cluster at Changi Airport has grown to become the biggest in Singapore, with over a hundred cases recorded.

Other parts of the airport are “relatively clean,” according to Mr Lee. He added that almost 97 per cent of the 2,000 personnel assigned to the airport’s central transit area have been tested for Covid.

There are no positive cases from the other areas except for a particular group of staff who had mingled with the personnel working in the arrival zone.

Twenty-one of them worked at Terminal 3’s arrival zone. Eleven of them were assigned to the baggage claim hall and 10 at the arrival gates.

There are six cases in the second cluster in the transit area near the arrival zone.

One more case was found at the departure immigration checkpoint in the transit area, Mr Lee said.

There is one more secondary site at the food court in Basement 2. Twelve of the 21 people who had got infected at the arrival zone had gone to this area.

It was reported by the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore and CAG last week that the cluster may have been sparked by an airport worker who helped a family from South Asia.

On this matter, Mr Lee said, “We have disclosed what we know from a CAG point of view, and I don’t want to speculate on the other details that are ongoing in the investigations.

“We are taking a complete, comprehensive look, based on the World Health Organisation’s and our own health authorities’ understanding of the different modes of transmission.

“That is more or less the most important at the moment, over and above the micro-aspects of individuals.”

Management of CAG are morons, only know how to close the barn door after the horses have bolted. :rolleyes:

jw5

Loyal
from msn.com:

This is the guy who closed the barn door after the horses have bolted. :eek:

1622136947269.png

jw5

Loyal
FAQS: TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF JEWEL CHANGI AIRPORT: 13 MAY - 13 JUNE 2021

1. How long will Jewel be closed?

Jewel will be closed from 13 May – 13 June.

2. How many shops and F&B outlets at Jewel will be affected?

There will not be any access to the public, and all retail stores and dining establishments at Jewel will be closed.

3. I have bought tickets for Jewel attractions (Canopy Park and Changi Experience Studio). How do I get a refund?

Guests holding Jewel attractions tickets dated within these two weeks will be able to utilise them on alternative dates upon reopening. The validity period of these tickets will be extended till 31 December 2021. Guests are advised to email [email protected] or contact the respective reseller website of purchase.

4. What if I have used SRVs to purchase the attractions tickets. Can I get a refund?

Guests holding Jewel attractions tickets dated within these two weeks will be able to utilise them on alternative dates upon reopening. The validity period of these tickets will be extended till 31 December 2021. Guests who have yet to redeem their tickets will be notified by the respective reseller website on the tickets extension details. Guest who have redeemed their tickets can email [email protected] for assistance.

5. I have booked a hotel stay with YOTELAIR Singapore Changi Airport. What should I do about my booking?

Guests whose bookings are affected by the closure will be contacted by YOTELAIR’s staff for alternative arrangements.

jw5

Loyal

There will not be any access to the public, and all retail stores and dining establishments at Jewel will be closed.

3. I have bought tickets for Jewel attractions (Canopy Park and Changi Experience Studio). How do I get a refund?

Guests holding Jewel attractions tickets dated within these two weeks will be able to utilise them on alternative dates upon reopening. The validity period of these tickets will be extended till 31 December 2021. Guests are advised to email [email protected] or contact the respective reseller website of purchase.

4. What if I have used SRVs to purchase the attractions tickets. Can I get a refund?

Guests holding Jewel attractions tickets dated within these two weeks will be able to utilise them on alternative dates upon reopening. The validity period of these tickets will be extended till 31 December 2021. Guests who have yet to redeem their tickets will be notified by the respective reseller website on the tickets extension details. Guest who have redeemed their tickets can email [email protected] for assistance.

5. I have booked a hotel stay with YOTELAIR Singapore Changi Airport. What should I do about my booking?

Guests whose bookings are affected by the closure will be contacted by YOTELAIR’s staff for alternative arrangements.

Good that attraction tickets are extended till 31 Dec 2021. :thumbsup:

jw5

Loyal

Wait patiently for the call from YOTELAIR. :wink: