• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jewel Changi airport is looking like a ghost town.....

jw5

Loyal
from straitstimes.com:

Changi Airport terminals, Jewel to be closed to public for 2 weeks from May 13; still open for air travel​

1621092439316.png

SINGAPORE - All Changi Airport passenger terminal buildings and Jewel Changi Airport will be closed for two weeks to the public from Thursday (May 13).

While some staff and travellers can still access the terminal buildings, Jewel will be completely closed.

The Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) and Changi Airport Group (CAG) said the move will take place while Covid-19 tests of workers are ongoing at the airport.

Given the evolving nature of Covid-19, the authorities will continue to review and adjust the measures as necessary. This includes extending the closure if required.

CAAS and CAG said: "Changi Airport remains open for air travel during this period. Passengers may also continue to be dropped off and picked up from the airport.

"Access to the passenger terminal buildings will be restricted to only passengers with air tickets and essential airport workers. Some essential services and food and beverage outlets will remain open to serve them."

The closures come as the number of Covid-19 cases linked to the airport continues to grow. Seven of the community cases announced on Wednesday are linked to the Changi Airport cluster, taking the total number of cases in the cluster to 25.

Airport workers and staff working in Jewel are urged to refrain from going out except for essential work or activities in the next 14 days, until they have tested negative for Covid-19.

They should also not be redeployed to other workplaces or outlets during this period.

The airport Covid-19 cluster is now the second-largest active cluster, after the one at Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH). It emerged after an 88-year-old cleaner deployed at Terminal 3 tested positive for Covid-19 on May 5.

Six in the cluster have tested preliminarily positive for the B1617 variant, and are pending further confirmatory tests.

Changi Airport had begun a special testing operation on May 9 to test 9,000 workers in order to root out any hidden Covid-19 cases among airport workers.

Its main cleaning contractor for Changi Airport Terminal 3, Ramky Cleantech Services, was placed on a safety time-out for 14 days since Monday (May 10), after Covid-19 cases were detected recently among its cleaners.

The airport had also closed Basement 2 at Terminal 3 to the public since May 10, pending the Ministry of Health's investigations.

It said the area was of particular concern as several of the Covid-19 cases had visited outlets there.

jw5

Loyal
1621093421700.png

#ADVISORY: Changi Airport and Jewel Changi Airport will be closed to the public from 13 to 26 May 2021 to allow all workers to be tested and for cleaning and disinfection of the premises and facilities. . Our highest priority remains the well-being of our employees, visitors, and passengers, and it is with the aim to stem the spread of undetected cases at Changi that we made this decision.

During this period, there will be no public access to Jewel. Only essential airport workers and departing passengers with air tickets will be allowed into the terminals.

With your support and understanding, we remain optimistic that we can win this ongoing fight against Covid-19 and hope to welcome you back with confidence after this.
For more information, please refer to bit.Iy/CArestrict

jw5

Loyal
from msn.com:

'Virulent' mutant virus 'broke through' Changi Airport defences: Ong Ye Kung​

SINGAPORE — Despite the best efforts of Changi Airport workers, of whom more than 90 per cent have been vaccinated, a "very virulent" variant of COVID-19 "broke through" the layers of defence at the aviation hub, said Transport Minister Ong Ye Kung on Friday (14 May).

1621096995017.png

Of the first 20-odd infections detected at the airport, most had congregated around one zone, said Ong at a virtual media briefing by the multi-ministry taskforce (MTF) on the coronavirus. The zone comprises a finger pier – an area that receives arrivals from higher risk regions, including South Asia, the conveyor belt and immigration.

"So it’s that whole zone and infections were all around that area. So that zone is our equivalent of Ward 9D, like Tan Tock Seng Hospital," said Ong, who officially relinquishes his transport portfolio to become Health Minister on Saturday. "And from that zone, workers go have their lunch, go have their meals at the Terminal 3 basement 2 commercial areas and the food court. And we suspect from there, it transmitted to members of the public that visited the place."

Ong, who will co-chair the MTF, added, "The big worry now is the onward community transmission coming out of the commercial area in T3 B2. And that is why we are announcing this series of measures today."

Ong spoke as the MTF announced a wide-ranging series of restrictions, starting from this Sunday till 13 June. Only takeaway and delivery options will be allowed for all dine-in F&B establishments, including hawker centres and food courts, while the permissible group size for distinct visitors per household and social gatherings will be cut from five to two persons.

A total of 46 cases have been linked to "Case 62873", which is named after an 88-year-old Singaporean man who is employed by Ramky Cleantech Services as a cleaner deployed at Changi Airport Terminal 3. The fully-vaccinated man was confirmed to have COVID-19 on 5 May.

The Changi Airport cluster has at least 17 who have tested preliminarily positive for the Indian variant, or B1617, as of Thursday.

Segregation and testing of workers​

Ong noted that the entire concept of operations has been revamped, with the airport divided into higher risk and lower risk zones. Workers in the former will be in cohorts and work in full PPE, and must remain within the zone. Meals will also be catered and consumed within the zone.

Following the detection of the Victoria Junior College student case on 8 May, it was discovered that she was infected after visiting T3 B2 food court. A decision was then made to close down the entire commercial area in T3 B2 for deep cleaning, while authorities began testing some 9,000 workers in Terminal 1, Terminal 3 and Jewel. The latter has also been closed for two weeks.

One said that as of Thursday night, 7,641 workers have been tested, with almost 6,000 results out. Six were positive and were detected in the first two days of testing. A total of 500 workers in Jewel have also been tested and the results were all negative.

However, another group of workers who are close contacts with earlier infection cases have been in quarantine and are being tested. On Thursday, 13 from this group tested positive.

"Of all the workers in Changi Airport, 28 of them infected, majority, in fact, 19 of them, they have been fully vaccinated. And the last I checked, all are well and no one is on oxygen. So we are cautiously hopeful that the airport worker cluster is just a worker cluster, hopefully can be contained through quarantine and testing."

Noting that the entire aviation industry is now serving less than 3 per cent of pre-COVID passenger traffic and working at the "bare bones" to keep Singapore connected to the rest of the world, Ong paid tribute to the men and women of Changi Airport who have been working at the front lines.

"So I hope we continue to give our support to our airport workers as you have done for hospital workers. They need all the support we can give them now to keep things going and to keep our airport surviving."

jw5

Loyal
Announcement by Jewel Changi:

#ADVISORY: As announced jointly by the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore and Changi Airport Group, Jewel will be closed from 13 – 26 May to allow all staff to be tested and to facilitate deep cleaning and disinfection of the premises and facilities.

The temporary closure stems from an abundance of caution and the safety of our staff and visitors, which remains our utmost importance.

During this period, there will strictly be no public access to Jewel. Access will only be made available to Jewel staff.

We thank you for your kind understanding and support during this time, and we look forward to welcoming you back on 27 May.

jw5

Loyal
Good news for those holding attraction tickets.

[Advisory] Guests holding Jewel attractions tickets dated within these two weeks will be able to utilise them on alternative dates upon reopening. The validity period of these tickets will be extended till 31 December 2021. Guests are advised to email [email protected] or visit the respective reseller website of purchase (including SRV purchases) from 18 May, for more details on the process of ticket extension.

jw5

Loyal
from jewelchangiairport.com:

FAQS: TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF JEWEL CHANGI AIRPORT: 13 – 26 MAY 2021​

1. How long will Jewel be closed?
Jewel will be closed from 13 – 26 May (14 days).

2. How many shops and F&B outlets at Jewel will be affected?

There will not be any access to the public, and all retail stores and dining establishments at Jewel will be closed.

3. I have bought tickets for Jewel attractions (Canopy Park and Changi Experience Studio). How do I get a refund?

Guests holding Jewel attractions tickets dated within these two weeks will be able to utilise them on alternative dates upon reopening. The validity period of these tickets will be extended till 31 December 2021. Guests are advised to email [email protected] or visit the respective reseller website of purchase (including SRV purchases) from 18 May, for more details on the process of ticket extension.

4. What if I have used SRVs to purchase the attractions tickets. Can I get a refund?
Guests holding Jewel attractions tickets dated within these two weeks will be able to utilise them on alternative dates upon reopening. The validity period of these tickets will be extended till 31 December 2021. Guests are advised to email [email protected] or visit the respective reseller website of purchase (including SRV purchases) from 18 May, for more details on the process of ticket extension.

5. I have booked a hotel stay with YOTELAIR Singapore Changi Airport. What should I do about my booking?
Guests whose bookings are affected by the closure will be contacted by YOTELAIR’s staff for alternative arrangements.

jw5

Loyal

There will not be any access to the public, and all retail stores and dining establishments at Jewel will be closed.

3. I have bought tickets for Jewel attractions (Canopy Park and Changi Experience Studio). How do I get a refund?

4. What if I have used SRVs to purchase the attractions tickets. Can I get a refund?

5. I have booked a hotel stay with YOTELAIR Singapore Changi Airport. What should I do about my booking?
Guests whose bookings are affected by the closure will be contacted by YOTELAIR’s staff for alternative arrangements.

They should also advise on the reopening schedule. :coffee:

jw5

Loyal

Hopefully the tickets can used towards the end of the year. :thumbsup:

jw5

Loyal
Amazing headlines about Changi Airport and Jewel:

'Virulent' mutant virus 'broke through' Changi Airport defences: Ong Ye Kung​

Free Covid-19 testing for people who visited Changi Airport Terminal 3 from May 3 onwards​

Visitors to Terminal 1 and Jewel advised to monitor health closely

Jewel Changi Airport, Terminals 1 and 3 to be closed to public as COVID-19 testing continues​

So cheapskate they cannot even offer free testing for Terminal 1 and Jewel visitors. :rolleyes:

jw5

Loyal
from dfnionline.com:

Changi closes Jewel and restricts terminal access due to Covid-19​

1621424553676.png

The Jewel at Changi Airport has been closed and access to terminal buildings is restricted for two weeks following the detection of Covid-19 cases at the airport.

Changi Airport will remains open during the period, but only essential services and F&B outlets will be open. Members of the public will not be allowed to enter the buildings during this period.

The closure comes while all workers at Changi Airport Terminal 1 and 3 and the Jewel are undergoing mandatory Covid-19 testing as part of a dedicated operation to detect, isolate and treat any potential cases in the airport community.

Earlier this month, the airport announced eight cases of Covid-19 had been discovered at Changi, which prompted the testing and temporary closed.

A Changi spokesperson said: “Whilst 92% of frontline aviation workers have been vaccinated, the risk of infection remains.”

The temporary closure could delay the launch of the long-awaited travel bubble between Singapore and Hong Kong. Speaking at a briefing on Friday, Hong Kong Secretary for Commerce and Economic Development Edward Yau admitted there is a chance the plans will not proceed as scheduled.