• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious It's Official! Good Minister Shan Losing Money From Renting At Ridout! Need To Top Up From His Lawyer's Income! Cannot Tahan For Long!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
says a lot about the integrity of our ministers

PAP ministers have a lot of integrity. CPIB investigated Strongman Shan and didn't invite him to lim kopi. CPIB said Strongman Shan is as white as snow, without sin.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP ministers have a lot of integrity. CPIB investigated Strongman Shan and didn't invite him to lim kopi. CPIB said Strongman Shan is as white as snow, without sin.
Hey doggie why you keep copying my words? You got no brains to use your own words?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh ya I am not that clever. Take me decades to realise some sia suay hdb sinkies here use handout paid by me taxpayers to buy their first private property while looked down on me a virgin from poor family using my own hard earned clear shit job money and bonus to buy my first private property. And these sia suay sinkie traitor dogs got the cheek to smear and harass me a virgin as slut whore mistress. Pui!
Low life low class privileged people that ownself benefit from good substantial handouts while telling lies, smearing and pointing finger at high class good honest people - ME - that take zero privilege zero benefits. Knnbccb indeed. Pui!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do the two Indian ministars have plans to move to India? That's why they rent instead of buy. Modi has prepared two palaces for them there?

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
They should go India, or resign n look for jobs in private sector,lol, even tgat cb yeo only can get a Jon though glc company with China,lol

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

SINGAPORE - Minister for Home Affairs and Law K. Shanmugam told Parliament on Monday that he spent more than $500,000 refurbishing 26 Ridout Road and is not making money from its rental.

Both Minister Shanmugam and Foreign Minister Vivian Balakrishnan delivered ministerial statements in Parliament on the issue of black-and-white bungalows at Nos. 26 and 31 Ridout Road which they were each paying rent for, respectively.

Mr Shanmugam pays a monthly rent of $26,500 for No. 26 Ridout Road, while Dr Balakrishnan pays $20,000 monthly for 31 Ridout Road.

Mr Shanmugam said he was not earning from any difference in the amount between the rent he was paying for the bungalow’s rental and the money he was receiving from renting out his family home, a good class bungalow (GCB) in Astrid Hill.

He said he had decided to put his family home up for sale in 2018,

He said he decided to review his finances in 2016 as he was approaching his 60s, and realised too much of his savings were tied up in the family home.

Said Mr Shanmugam: “I pay for the rental of 26 Ridout Road, mostly from renting out my family home. But taking into account property tax, because the family home is now non-owner-occupied, and two, income tax on the rental proceeds, there is a net deficit. I top up the deficit.

“I am, in essence, using my previous lawyer’s income to pay for the rental for 26 Ridout Road.

“Based on my current income, I would not have offered to rent 26 Ridout Road. That is based on my personal approach to finances.”

Mr Shanmugam said he had bought his family home using his previous income as a lawyer, before he became a minister.

Having been advised it would be wiser not to have most of one’s savings in one asset, he put his family home up for sale.

He said he did not regret giving up his previous earnings as a senior counsel. “It is a privilege to be in public service. And if I am asked, I will make the same choice again.”

To prepare for the sale, he decided to move out from his family home and live in a rental property.

“I looked at several rental properties, including black-and-white houses. I have long liked black-and-white houses,” he said.

Mr Shanmugam said when he made an offer for 26 Ridout Road in 2018, he did not know the guide rent. He told his agent to assess how much he should offer, based on surrounding properties.

He offered $25,000 a month, which his agent advised would be fair based on rentals for similar properties at the time and taking into account the built-up area and the property’s condition.

The Singapore Land Authority (SLA) came back with a counter-offer of $26,500, which was accepted without further negotiation. Mr Shanmugam said: “I had no idea, when I accepted SLA’s counter-offer, what the guide rent or the minimum rent was. These were decisions internal to SLA that I wasn’t privy to.”

Around the same time, he rented out his family home, while deciding on the sale. Mr Shanmugam said it took him a while to decide to sell, and the Covid-19 pandemic had disrupted this process.

His family home was put on the market in November 2021.

Mr Shanmugam said he did not want or need the extra land outside the boundary of the Ridout Road bungalow, which is now part of the lease.

He said he offered to maintain that land – which is 150,000 sq ft – at his own cost because if it was not properly maintained, there would be problems for him.

“For example, there are large trees in the property. If any of them fell, it could be serious,” he said, citing the fatal incident at the Botanic Gardens in 2017 when a tree fell on a woman and killed her.

He said there was a greater responsibility for potential health risks as well, including mosquitoes.

Mr Shanmugam said: “But SLA took the position that if I wanted to maintain the surrounding land, the surrounding land had to be part of the lease. I did not want to negotiate, and agreed to this.”

If SLA agrees to take back the extra land – which was more than 60 per cent of the total – he said he would be very happy to give it up, while maintaining it and continuing to pay the agreed rent until the end of the contract.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...ly-home-s-sale-did-not-make-money-from-rental
Talk cock. Just show the invoices for $500K he spend, or else shut the fuck up

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
please lah. as i’ve said before, he needs at least 6.9 acres to buffer him from a ravishing beauty who keeps harassing him.

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Primary school kids will also not believe them.:laugh:
To make the story more convincing, ask the 2 black mambas to produce the invoices of their 500k renovations n name which renovation contractors did the reno for them n how was the money collected for the renovations? Was it paid for from their own personal bank a/c?