• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

It is the holy truth: Poor people are more likely to be retarded

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
AS I HAVE STATED AGAIN AND AGAIN, POOR PEOPLE ARE MORE LIKELY TO BE RETARDED AND NOW, PROOF THAT I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG.

ALL YOU POOR RETARDS OWE ME AN APOLOGY :mad:

More cases of depression, anxiety expected as credit crunch continuesBy Imelda Saad, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 09 October 2008 1900 hrs

SINGAPORE: It's a jittery time for investors as global financial markets continue to spiral downwards.

In the United States, the murder-cum-suicide case of a former finance manager and his family serves as a grim reminder of the global crisis.

In Singapore, financial and mental health counsellors said they expect to see more cases of depression and anxiety in the months ahead.

Banker-turned-counsellor, Dr Wolff von Auer, who went through the last financial crisis of 1997, is already getting calls from worried clients.

Dr Auer, president of the International Association of Counsellors & Therapists in Singapore, said: "It's anger, frustration and stress. Stress about what to do.

"It's a little bit like a rabbit in front of a snake – you don't know what to do. Should I run? Should I fight? And this can change very easily into a kind of depression."

Counsellors said the groups that are most at risk would be the middle class and those who invest in high-risk instruments made worse by the liquidity crisis.

In the US, mental health counsellors are reportedly on alert for calls from people who are depressed or possibly suicidal after a former Los Angeles finance manager shot dead five members of his family before killing himself.

The situation is not so dire in Singapore if figures from the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and the Credit Bureau are anything to go by.

The country's bad debt situation has improved slightly in the first half of the year, with a smaller percentage of credit card revolvers and bad debts written off by banks.

While the percentage of delinquent credit card account holders has gone up slightly from 1.21 per cent in July 2007 to 1.39 per cent in June 2008, the number of credit card revolvers has actually gone down slightly from 38.14 per cent to 37.94 per cent of some 1 million credit card holders during the same period.

The percentage of bad debts written off by banks also dropped slightly from 4.1 per cent in June 2007 to 3.5 per cent in June 2008. However, observers said that was on the back of a good economy last year.

Kuo How Nam, president of Credit Counselling Singapore, said: "If there is a recession and if the recession affects jobs and income, then we will expect to see a surge of people getting into trouble.

"After the SARS period for example, we had people coming in who lost money when their businesses failed or when they suffered stock market losses, so I would expect them to show up."

Amid the economic uncertainties, latest government figures showed Singapore's unemployment rate has gone up for the second consecutive quarter to 2.3 per cent in June.

- CNA/so

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
AS I HAVE STATED AGAIN AND AGAIN, POOR PEOPLE ARE MORE LIKELY TO BE RETARDED AND NOW, PROOF THAT I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG.

being poor is not a pre-qualification for being a retard....like you have proven yourself...

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have warned you before, moniker Clinton666. Mental retardness is a medical condition, not a socioeconomic condition. Desist from branding the unfortunate class of Singaporeans in a discriminatory manner. This goes against the tenets and foundations governing Singapore.

Whats4

Alfrescian
Loyal

dear retard/fucktard

as a fellow pap rnning dog, it is my duty to remind u to be gracious towards other forummer. pls practiced what our chopper vision pap masters hv preached. be gracious!!!

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
dear retard/fucktard

as a fellow pap rnning dog, it is my duty to remind u to be gracious towards other forummer. pls practiced what our chopper vision pap masters hv preached. be gracious!!!

YOU RETARDED DOG:mad:. PRACTICE IS A NOUN, YOU SHOULD USE PRACTISE WHICH IS A VERB. HOW MANY TIMES DID YOU RETAKE YOUR PSLE ENGLISH?

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eh I thought u were the one who jumped on the MRT tracks. KNN still alive ah!:biggrin:

Or you were bz at Hong Lim Park crying Papa Mama!?

scoobydooku

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should cut Stupidooku so slack. He is after all retarded and his mental faculties are very much slower than us.

Whatever. Some people are still having exams while most of you are having holidays. To you everyone is retarded but you fail to see who the true retard is- you.