• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Infidelity in Organisations - the Singaporean notion

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The true test to prove that modern sinkies are ok with MPs having extra-marital affairs as long as they do their job as MP is for D Ong to stand again to get another mandate in the by election. Henceforth, horny PAP MPs can have as many extra-marital affairs without resigning.

In the process, abolish woman's charter and legalise polygamy and allow common law wives and concubines as as long one can afford it.

Who knows how many male and female PAP MPs have been sleeping around with their grassroot volunteers, the only difference is they have not be exposed yet?

Assuming that the PAP will not field David Ong for the forthcoming Bukit Batok bye elections,
perhaps, David Ong will stand as an independent candidate, unless he and the PAP has agreed that he will retire from politics.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, remembered how dogged and determined he was as he considered the options over the years in this forum. Even remember he was looking at Geelong. At that time, the OZ govt had minus points as a start for doctors and it was the only vocation that ever had it as I recall.

hello [scroobal],

Thank you. I am well, and looking forward to spring and summer.

Welcome back.

I do not know of other "Canadian Singaporeans", but I have heard from the "Doc", who is practising Family Medicine (as a family physician, rather than orthopaedic surgery).
The "Doc" appears to have a thriving and profitable practice, as well as a very balanced lifestyle, especially enjoying skiing with his family, the scenic beauty of Alberta and Canada.
I am glad that my family and I met him and his then smaller (now three children) during one of our visits to Singapore, while he was in the process of considering and applying to migrate to either Australia or Canada.
He is an outstanding individual, practical and realistic, who was determined to do whatever it takes to give his family a more balanced and varied lifestyle.
I admire him.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scroobal,

Welcome back!

Although organisations are not legally bound to dismiss employees or discipline them if they screwed with each other, the Old Man himself had set an ascetic life as the tone when he said that anybody slapped with a paternity suit was bound to face the consequences. Perhaps then, the era was different, as they were fighting with communist cadres who made supreme sacrifices and he wanted to set the PAP as whiter than white. A man holding public office to him is of weak constitution if he could not resist sexual overtures and would compromise the state security ( think Russian swallows then etc..)

Again perhaps over the years, they realised that it wasnt easy to find men to fill their requirements if they didnt also close an eye to such tomfoolery for it seems that the same thing that drives powerful men is also frequently responsible for his testesterones running wild. So as generational leadership passed, this ascetic monk life style and absolute fidelity was probably not realistic and was rolled back.

It was the Old Man's wife to whom many a spouse of a wayward Minister or MP had appealed, and after which many a dalliance and high office had come to grief. Sadly, they had gone and the high moral standards of their time have been jettisoned for the greater good (??).

So there was some rule on such things and as most things with despots, his legacy has fast eroded.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would not have allowed it to be a soap opera for the whole world to be entertained especially if kids are involved. These things must be handled privately. One's wife is not a pet and certainly not a chattel. It is a partnership. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. Its the gamble you take. But one must be a blithering idiot to make it public and end up still being considered to be wearing a green hat. Why blame the other party if your partner is the issue.

In this sort of matters, you walk away and seek custody of your kids if you can.

And more importantly it is nobody's business. And frankly the govt and companies have better things to do than intervene in somebody's marital affairs.

You have only words. Will you be so lliberal if Wendy Lim is your wife ?

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suppose the largely conservative voters expect to elect mp who are not only law abiding but also morally upright. After all staying above the law alone itself is a very low moral benchmark.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have only words. Will you be so lliberal if Wendy Lim is your wife ?

The angry husband did the right thing to expose his wife's affair with the MP and humiliate them. And if I'm him, I would divorce the adulterous wife too.

apogee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Originally, the PAP were not that puritanical. They do not want publicity

"I am not saying, "No, let us be celibate." I am not even asking let us all be faithful to our wives, let us have no divorces. I do not ask that. All I ask is, please do not misbehave yourself. Anybody who has a paternity suit against him is out and there will be a by-election. That is all I say. Let us have none of this." Lee Kuan Yew

It is only after Yaw's affair where the PAP ministers went to town to embarrass the WP, that matters changed. Of course, Palmer gave the WP ammunition. The PAP had no choice but to kick Palmer out.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Holy cow!!, everyone is coming out of the woodwork. Now there are 3 Canadians standing front and centre.

Good to hear from you bro.

My sense is that the need for greater transparency calls for candidates and office holders to be morally strong on the marital front. But as these are matters of the heart and the loin, it will be difficult to handle over period of time. I am also not ruling out the fact that new Dowager maybe calling the shots on the morality front as well. Who knows?

But as stories of Clinton and Boris of the Uk have been told, the ability to run a good office carries a premium. Goh Keng Swee comes to mind.

Scroobal,

Welcome back!

Although organisations are not legally bound to dismiss employees or discipline them if they screwed with each other, the Old Man himself had set an ascetic life as the tone when he said that anybody slapped with a paternity suit was bound to face the consequences. Perhaps then, the era was different, as they were fighting with communist cadres who made supreme sacrifices and he wanted to set the PAP as whiter than white. A man holding public office to him is of weak constitution if he could not resist sexual overtures and would compromise the state security ( think Russian swallows then etc..)

Again perhaps over the years, they realised that it wasnt easy to find men to fill their requirements if they didnt also close an eye to such tomfoolery for it seems that the same thing that drives powerful men is also frequently responsible for his testesterones running wild. So as generational leadership passed, this ascetic monk life style and absolute fidelity was probably not realistic and was rolled back.

It was the Old Man's wife to whom many a spouse of a wayward Minister or MP had appealed, and after which many a dalliance and high office had come to grief. Sadly, they had gone and the high moral standards of their time have been jettisoned for the greater good (??).

So there was some rule on such things and as most things with despots, his legacy has fast eroded.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey Doc, great to hear from you.

As a former Singaporean, it will be good if you have sometime from your busy practice to let folks know that there is a bigger and better World out there. Enjoyed hearing about your time working in a cabinet making business if I got that right. Singaporeans need to be more adventurous career wise and its not all about money. They also have to know that they can change the status quo politically.

Hi Scroobal, good to see you back. I still read the forums everyday. I just don't post. As I am officially no longer Singaporean, I have very little vested interest in what goes on in the country except for pure entertainment.

Hope you are well. It is indeed refreshing to see your posts once more.

fupikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe Kee Chiu wanted Wendy and engineered the fall of David?

Wendy so chio meh?. If kee chiu wants her, he must be really sex starved, unless he is aiming for a threesome kinky together with david.

Solly lah....Wendy just a lau kway boo, nothing, if compared to the mature essence of a serene or even the slightly oldish Pamela. Just one flower vase to be used for pcc on a close & intimate basis and most likely to be tossed aside by david eventually for younger mangoes ....such are the sexy privileges provided to the darth overlords using pa, rc, ccc mangoes....no wonder so many want to join in the ranks of the whiteys ....

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good to hear from you.

It is interesting how this unravels if it ever does. You ready to run the numbers for Bukit Batok By-elections?

Having unvielded his secret weapon and totally destroying his external electoral enemies, the Son King is moving now to destroy the enemies within.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You got a good point. I always wondered if his mum or dad ever told him about the first cabinet and the likes of Jek, Othman Wok, Keng Swee etc etc. and the frequent request from the spouses to address the issues. Even among his peers. Its a never ending story.

Originally, the PAP were not that puritanical. They do not want publicity

"I am not saying, "No, let us be celibate." I am not even asking let us all be faithful to our wives, let us have no divorces. I do not ask that. All I ask is, please do not misbehave yourself. Anybody who has a paternity suit against him is out and there will be a by-election. That is all I say. Let us have none of this." Lee Kuan Yew

It is only after Yaw's affair where the PAP ministers went to town to embarrass the WP, that matters changed. Of course, Palmer gave the WP ammunition. The PAP had no choice but to kick Palmer out.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good to hear from you.

It is interesting how this unravels if it ever does. You ready to run the numbers for Bukit Batok By-elections?

WP not running.. To keep to their standard as responsible Opp. PAP standard dropping alr.. It's two down and god knows how many more under the carpet! So who has the moral ground now? Who's whiter than white??

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am quite puzzled that Singaporeans genuinely think that infidelity is a crime or conduct for which the employer or the state has to address and bring the parties involved to be answerable for their conduct. I am also wondering if this is conditioned by the media over something that took place as result of Yawgate.

Before going on to Yawgate, let me sort of give the position in such matters that organisations in the main take over such matters. Firstly it is not their business and a private matter and HR and the management will make their position clear on this. They only intervene if there are allegations where abuse of office including favouritism is involved etc. Where dismal or disciplinary sanctions are involved, it is because things like the corporate card is used for the tryst or abuse of position has occurred or lies provided during an inquiry to address allegations arising from the affair and not the affair itself.

A former Director and Head of CPIB was appointed by PSC and the old man despite he was known to be involved in an office romance with a subordinate, both parties married. He proceeded to divorce his wife and this is where it gets interesting. The ex-wife who happened to be in CPIB was seconded to another Govt department and out of CPIB by the Civil Service to facilitate the appointment to the new post. And mind you the appointment to CPIB is not an easy hurdle to clear, possibly the highest standard expected in the civil service.

Let me make a wild guess. Ex-wife seconded to SPF and was IO in Commercial Crime Division, CID when Lock was around?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well some sinkies think it warrants punishment others don't think so so don't tar all under the same brush. Btw could you explain why was Michel Palmer forced to resign when there isn't any other underlying happening just the affair itself which would embarrass the establishment as claimed.

Ps now going to log in as Gd to brag about your own thread and call out others?

Moron jaga I have many clones. Must it be the useless old man GD? I can't summon others. Stick to being a jamban jaga, dude!

scroobal

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks Charlie, you are right. Hope you are well.

Btw what happened to the rest of Canadian Singaporeans, no picture, no sound. I know Doc is into his transition back to Medicine. Lots of SBF members getting to the tipping point of their health.

Sorry bro. Isnt charlie99 supposed to be one of your clones? Why are you talking to yourself, Mark Andrew Yeo?