• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Indon First to score distinctions for all 33 of his modules! NO NS!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>First to score distinctions for all 33 of his modules
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
B5-2.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

Mr Kuriakin is the first to score distinctions for all his modules in the polytechnic's 55-year history. He is now working as a research assistant at its Advanced Robotics And Intelligent Control Centre to prepare the Singapore team for the RoboCup 2009 in Austria next month. -- ST PHOTO: NG SOR LUAN
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->SINGAPORE Polytechnic (SP) student Kuriakin has scored distinctions for all 33 of his modules, a feat no other student from the school has accomplished since it was established 55 years ago.
The electronics, computer and communication engineering student will be graduating top of the 5,000-strong cohort of students graduating from SP next week.
For his excellent performance, the 23-year-old will be receiving the Lee Kuan Yew Award, given to top polytechnic graduates from technology courses.
His all-distinction record is made all the more impressive by the fact that he achieved it while juggling several jobs and co-curricular activities in the guitar and Rotaract clubs. He also participated in community involvement projects in the Philippines.
An Indonesian who arrived in Singapore four years ago from his hometown on Bintan island, Mr Kuriakin has worked as a waiter, sales assistant and roadshow promoter to pay off his $6,000 tuition loan and living expenses here.
The youngest of five children, he did not want to burden his parents who are still living on Bintan. His father is a mechanic and his mother, a housewife.
His efforts are even more resounding as Mr Kuriakin was not always an A-grade student. He did poorly in Indonesia's high school leaving examinations in 2004 and was denied a place at SP.
He said: 'I was the captain of my school's basketball team and neglected my studies. I saw how disappointed my parents were. During that year, my father was hurt in an accident at his workplace and until now I believe I caused it. He was distracted because he was depressed by my poor results.'
Motivated to make his parents proud, he came to Singapore to sit for his O levels as a private candidate and scored seven points.
He hopes to study robotics in the United States starting September.
He said: 'I am glad I did not give up when I did not do well in my high school exams. If I had given up, I would not be able to chase my dreams now.' AMELIA TAN