• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Indians again are proven again to be incompetent !

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Surely one has better things to do than to post racially-tinged threads which basically laughs at them 1. because they are dark skinned 2. because you are against Indians as a race.

I mean, c'mon. There are bigger important issues outside of these to think about, such as the economy. Instead I see is this, and for a fine man like you, Derek, I feel pretty disappointed.

Innadeh..

No one race is perfect lah. Just take it with a pinch of salt. :biggrin:

Vanekam.

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
20090112.110830_20090112-tnp-bikeman.jpg

Man risked our lives for a bike, says lawyer

By Elysa Chen

[COLOR="_______"]WHEN fire breaks out, what do you try to save first?

For one office worker, it was his bicycle. Which was fine, except that he was fleeing from the 30th storey of a downtown building.

While hundreds of his fellow office workers were evacuating the building after a fire alarm went off at 11.40am yesterday, the man slowed them down by carrying his bicycle in the fire escape stairway.

There was a fire in the basement at 6 Battery Road, and lawyer Stefanie Yuen Thio was upset by this man's inconsiderate actions.

Mrs Thio, 38, the corporate and joint managing director of TSMP Law Corporation, said: 'Lives were at stake, and yet he was willing to risk them for a bicycle.

'We were lucky that it was a small fire, or it could have been so dangerous. By carrying such a bulky item, he made the jam in the stairway even worse,' she added.

'Every few steps, we would have to turn, so people had to give him a very wide berth. There were old people and a heavily pregnant lady walking behind him.

'If he didn't want to wait until everyone walked down, he could at least have let them pass,' said Mrs Thio who took a picture of the man and his bicycle when they reached the ground floor.

The pregnant woman, who wanted to be known only as Ms Teo, said the man may have entered the fire escape around the 30th storey.

Worried

The lawyer, who's in her 30s, said: 'I was concerned, because if there was a stampede, the bike would have been an obstacle, and people might have tripped over it.

'I was also worried about his safety, because people may have shoved him aside if they started to panic. Thankfully, it was not chaotic, although I didn't know whether it would have been safer walking in front of or behind him.'

Mrs Thio said she told the man, who looked to be in his late 20s, that it was not right for him to carry a bicycle with him.

But he replied that he could walk faster than anyone else despite carrying his bicycle.

She said: 'I could have shouted at him, but I chose to show him some respect and went up to him to tell him that he was holding everyone up. At one point, the bicycle almost hit my head too.

'If it had been me, I would have been humble enough to apologise and let everyone else pass.'

Mrs Thio said there had been several fire drills and people working in the building would have been aware of what they should or should not do in such emergencies.

'What's more, this was not a fire drill, this was the real thing!' she added.

When they reached the ground, a security guard told the man that he should not have brought his bicycle down.

Again, his response was that he could walk faster than anyone else, said Mrs Thio.

Exasperated by the man's attitude, Mrs Thio said she would write to the building management to make sure that all tenants will brief their staff about the right evacuation procedures.

By the time The New Paper arrived at the scene, the man was no longer there.CNA

My Precious bic!
[/COLOR]

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dunno why when u report bad things about kelings sure have ppl say RACIST!!!

So u mean when kelings fuck up u should sweep it under the carpet??

WHat if it was chinese?

This double standard crap here and even reporting FACTS about kelings is racist!!:mad:

Maybe we should just all listen to kelings BS and blame chinese instead.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Surely one has better things to do than to post racially-tinged threads which basically laughs at them 1. because they are dark skinned 2. because you are against Indians as a race.

I mean, c'mon. There are bigger important issues outside of these to think about, such as the economy. Instead I see is this, and for a fine man like you, Derek, I feel pretty disappointed.

Yet if there were threads like this about chinese (which seldom occur) u would not even show up. Cos we know ur a double standard racist.

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Faulty gene condemns millions in India to heart disease: study
AFP
AFP - Monday, January 19

PARIS (AFP) - - Tens of millions of people from the Indian subcontinent are destined to suffer heart disease due to a single genetic mutation, according to a study released Sunday.
ADVERTISEMENT

The wayward gene, found almost exclusively among the more than 1.5 billion people in or from South Asia, is almost guaranteed to lead to heart trouble, usually later in life, the researchers reported.

Four percent of the region's population -- some 60 million people -- carry the mutation, concludes the study, published in Nature Genetics.

Scientists have long suspected that India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and probably Bangladesh carry an outsized share of the global burden of heart disease.

One recent study predicts that by the end of this year India alone will account for 60 percent of the world's heart-related problems, which can have both lifestyle and genetic origins.

The new research by an international team of 25 scientists and doctors from four countries provides a partial answer as to why this is so: an unexpectedly common defect in a gene, MYBPC3, that provides the blueprint for a certain kind of heart protein.

"The mutation leads to the formation of an abnormal protein," said the study's main architect, Kumarasamy Thangaraj of the Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology in Hyderbad, India.

"Young people can degrade the abnormal protein and remain healthy, but as they get older it builds up and eventually results in the symptoms that we see."

These include severe hypertension, an inflammation and weakening of the heart called cardiomyopathy, and death due to sudden cardiac arrest.

Thangaraj and colleagues first discovered the mutation -- the deletion of 25 bits of genetic code -- five years ago in two Indian families. But its significance only came to light with the new research.

In two separate clinical tests, researchers checked for the presence of the variant in 800 heart patients and 699 healthy individuals across India.

The link between the symptoms and the genetic defect "were almost off the scale," leaving no doubt that the mutation played a key role in causing heart disease.

Further tests in different parts of the country of 28 unrelated families carrying the mutation showed that more than 90 percent of the oldest members in each family had heart problems.

While virtually absent among peoples from other parts of the world, the deadly genetic variant is equally spread across most of India's regions, its social castes, as well as its language and religious groups.

In a follow-up sampling of more than 2,000 indigenous individuals from 26 countries across five continents, the telltale mutation showed up in Pakistan and Sri Lanka, with some presence in Malaysia and Indonesia, but nowhere else.

The findings raise a perplexing question: if the bit of missing genetic code is so harmful, how did it become so common? Why did it not die out over the course of evolution, as usually happens to maladapted genes?

"The harmful effects are felt mainly late in life after people have had their children, so the mutation is essentially invisible to natural selection," explained co-author Chris Tyler-Smith, a researcher at The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute in Hinxton, England.

"When carriers have children, the genes remain in the population," he told AFP by phone.

While many diseases hit in old age, very few are caused by a single mutation.

"The only other example I can think of is Alzheimer's, where there is a variant that affects the very late-onset form of the disease," Tyler-Smith said.

The MYBPC3 variant, he added, probably accounts for no more than five percent of heart disease in India, but still affects tens of millions of people.

"The bad news is that many of these mutation carriers have no warning that they are in danger," said Perundurai Dhandapany of Madurai Kamaraj University in Madurai, India.

"But the good news is that we now know the impact of the mutation."

The researchers said the findings should lead to better screening to identify those at risk, and may ultimately pave the way for the development of new treatments.

An estimated 17 million people around the world die of cardiovascular diseases every year, particularly heart attacks and strokes.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Updated: 25th May 2009, 1347 hrs
Man who threw wife down 13 floors found guilty of murder

By Ong Dai Lin, TODAY

The odd job labourer accused of throwing his estranged wife to her death from the 13th floor of a block of flats in Stirling Road has been found guilty of murder.

40 year old Tharema Vejayan Govindasamy committed the crime in the early hours of July the 1st , 2007.

This was four months after 32 year old Madam Smaelmeeral Abdul Aziz had filed for divorce.

During the murder trial, Tharema testified he had been drinking the night of Madam Smaelmeeral’s death, and that he could not recall much of what happened that night.

However several witnesses had testified they heard sounds of banging, people arguing and groaning prior to the death fall.

Allegations of spousal abuse were also heard during the trial, and it was revealed that Madam Smaelmeeral had even taken out a Personal Protection Order against her husband.

Tharema looked calm when the guilty verdict was delivered in the packed courtroom.

He asked to speak with five of his friends and brothers before being led away from the court.

The couple had two children, a son and a daughter, who are now being cared for by a relative.

Tharema's lawyers said they will be appealing against the verdict.

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aren't these Muslim names??? How can he drink? He should just have to ask 'What if I had been a good Muslim'...then this would not have happened. But that is when many of them turn radical too...

Mohamed Basheer said: 'I drink alcohol sometimes, but am not a habitual drinker. Usually, Muhammad Habibullah would drink with some friends and I would just sit with them.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Updated: 25th May 2009, 1347 hrs
Man who threw wife down 13 floors found guilty of murder

By Ong Dai Lin, TODAY

The odd job labourer accused of throwing his estranged wife to her death from the 13th floor of a block of flats in Stirling Road has been found guilty of murder.

40 year old Tharema Vejayan Govindasamy committed the crime in the early hours of July the 1st , 2007.

This was four months after 32 year old Madam Smaelmeeral Abdul Aziz had filed for divorce.

During the murder trial, Tharema testified he had been drinking the night of Madam Smaelmeeral’s death, and that he could not recall much of what happened that night.

However several witnesses had testified they heard sounds of banging, people arguing and groaning prior to the death fall.

Allegations of spousal abuse were also heard during the trial, and it was revealed that Madam Smaelmeeral had even taken out a Personal Protection Order against her husband.

Tharema looked calm when the guilty verdict was delivered in the packed courtroom.

He asked to speak with five of his friends and brothers before being led away from the court.

The couple had two children, a son and a daughter, who are now being cared for by a relative.

Tharema's lawyers said they will be appealing against the verdict.

drunk? check.
beating wife? check.
abusive? check.
pleading for temporary insanity after getting caught? check.
without a proper job? check.
family crying at the court machiam bollywood film? check.

confirm is a 100% true-blue typical ah neh.:cool:

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The accident happened in December 2007 when a barge carrying a construction crane broke free after a cable to one of two tugs snapped in rough seas.

The barge rammed the anchored 147,000-ton tanker Hebei Spirit, holing it in three places and spilling 10,900 tons of crude oil........

The tanker was wrecked in 3 places by the tug boat, and they blamed the tanker for not quick enough to prevent the spill?
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
So did that bitch driver get a jail term? She'd better.

[COLOR="_______"]He is pinned under car after bench he is sitting on with fiancee is struck

ALMOST every night, Ms Nurliah Sulaiman would sit on a bench outside her Yishun HDB block chit-chatting with fiance Muhammad Anis Kamsani.

But their get-together proved fatal on Saturday night when a driver lost control of her car while reversing and rammed into the couple, according to witnesses.

The vehicle uprooted the metal bench and drove it back 10m before finally coming to a stop.

While Miss Nurliah, 23, was flung to the side, her fiancee was pinned under the Toyota Corolla.

Paramedics arrived at Block 221 in Yishun Street21 before midnight, but there was little they could do. Mr Muhammad Anis, 26, was dead minutes later.

Yesterday afternoon, just a few hours after being discharged from hospital, Miss Nurliah bade a final farewell to her fiance at the Muslim cemetery in Lim Chu Kang.

With her swollen face bandaged and her eyes covered by dark glasses, she sobbed quietly as she poured water over his grave.

Miss Nurliah choked back tears when she met The Straits Times later at the accident site.

'We chose this place because it was quiet and we had our privacy,' she said. 'I still cannot believe that this is where Anis was taken away from me.'

His younger brother Muhammad Faizal Kamsani, 24, said the family was at a loss over the accident.

'They were just sitting there on the bench, talking. We have no idea how the car could suddenly ram into them. Everything is a big question mark.'

The driver, a woman in her 40s, is assisting police with their investigations.

The accident shocked residents of the quiet Yishun block.

Mr Ahmad Redwan, 44, who lives just above the accident site, said he rushed downstairs after hearing a loud crash sometime before midnight on Saturday. He said Mr Muhammad Anis was pinned under the car and screaming in pain.

'He could focus for a few minutes but after that he starting slipping away,' he said.

Eyewitnesses said the driver was in a daze when she exited the car. She is believed to live in the neighbourhood.

Miss Nurliah was bloodied but conscious.

'Even though she was in pain, she was pointing to her boyfriend to tell us to help him,' said Madam Faridah Kamisah, 50.

Mr Muhammad Anis worked as a furniture mover and also helped out at a food stall run by his parents. He would meet Miss Nurliah after she finished work as an assistant nurse at the National University Hospital.

Miss Nurliah said they would then cycle together to a multi-purpose court outside her block to chat on the bench.

The couple had known each other for two years and were planning to get married next year.[/COLOR]

Angelo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Chinks points are :-

1. FTs are taking away their jobs.
2. FTs are fucking their women.

The keling scum is back again for more. His point is:

1. He knows hes black, smelly and unwanted, but cannot face the fact
2. Not even the CAT 40 whores want to do the smelly keling scums, as you can see alot of them fuck each other backside :smile:

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not even the CAT 40 whores want to do the smelly keling scums, as you can see alot of them fuck each other backside :smile:

Typical SG Chink. Paid sex always on his mind and with cheap low class whores. The only ones he can afford one can presume. No wonder SG Chinese women remain to stay single or are increasingly marrying non-Chinese.

Angelo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Typical SG Chink. Paid sex always on his mind and with cheap low class whores. The only ones he can afford one can presume. No wonder SG Chinese women remain to stay single or are increasingly marrying non-Chinese.

keling kia, as u see i am just stating a fact. Even the low class whores wont do u or your kind. Avoid u like plague, so what does it shows? proud eh

:biggrin:

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
keling kia, as u see i am just stating a fact. Even the low class whores wont do u or your kind. Avoid u like plague, so what does it shows? proud eh

:biggrin:

Dear Ah Seng,

At least you are not denying the fact that SG Chinese women loath your kind. :biggrin: