• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

In Singapore, you're guilty until proven innocent

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In Singapore, you're guilty until proven innocent :
http://therealsingapore.com/content/dear-trs-what-proof-do-police-need-put-you-lock

Dear TRS,

Please help me post this so everyone can know the bias that police sometimes show. I also want to know whether they are allowed to do this.

Last week, I got a call from the Police investigating a case of theft and they asked me and my boyfriend to come down for investigation. We had no idea what it was about so we just went down the following day.

They separated us and started questioning us. It turns out that on new year's eve, something went missing from a cab that me and my boyfriend took and because we were the last passengers, they were investigating us.

I explained to them what happened. I boarded the cab first in the rear seat and sat behind the driver. My boyfriend followed and sat beside me. I didn't see anything in the car. My bf and I were quarreling at the time over some petty thing but it was nothing really. My bf who wasn't carrying anything got off at Bukit Merah and I got off at Jurong West. I paid the cab fare with NETS and picked up my ladies handbag and left.

I didn't think twice about the ride as it was 100% normal. Then suddenly we get called up for investigation. When I asked the police what it was about, they said that a bag was missing from the cab.

After 2 hours of questioning me as if I am a criminal, they said that I could go but my bf was required to go with the police to their headquarters. They proceeded to put him in lock up for over 24 hours and after that he is now out on police bail.

We both did nothing wrong. Seriously, if we were stealing something from the cab who would be so stupid to pay with NETS to allow the police to trace back? I boarded the cab first that day and there was nothing there. Why would the cab driver even leave his bag in the back seat? When I got off at the end, the cab driver also seemed completely normal and never checked the cab for his bag or anything like that either.

My boyfriend is an ex-convict. But I am 100% sure that there was nothing in the cab as i got in first and my bf wasn't carrying any bag when he left as he had nothing on him. What happened to yellow ribbon and moving on with life after convictions? It seems the police still have a heavy bias! When I questioned them about it saying are you questioning him coz he is an ex convict. The police didn't say anything, they just said it's for investigation purpose. They didn't give me any proper detail on why they detain my bf. Is there even any evidence to show its him so that they can put him on police bail?

Dear TRS, both of us are innocent but because of the police bias, they are putting us through so much stress! All because we boarded that jinxed cab!

The following day I was called down for "further investigation" but I wasn't arrested. They just keep asking the same questions over and over again and wasted my whole afternoon until 7pm.

They then handcuffed my bf and brought him to his house to search his house looking for something illegal but obviously they found nothing.

Even then, they didnt let him go and put him on police bail instead. This has totally traumatized us as he has really already changed over a new leaf in a crime free life.

I want to ask, what evidence do the police need in order to arrest you and put you on bail?

Can they just put you on bail because you're an ex con then search your home? When they still find nothing they can just say that they are still investigating and refuse to let you go but just keep you on police bail?

I don't know what the laws are TRS, can you please help me. Are they allowed to do this?

Read visitors' comments here :

http://therealsingapore.com/content/dear-trs-what-proof-do-police-need-put-you-lock

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bet if that bf of hers is CRASS LOOTERS they will not only release him but say SORRY for inconviencing him. LoL

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I hope the bf regretted breaking the law years ago. Once a felon, always a felon.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Singapore, you're guilty until proven innocent :

Dear TRS,

Please help me post this so everyone can know the bias that police sometimes show. I also want to know whether they are allowed to do this.

Last week, I got a call from the Police investigating a case of theft and they asked me and my boyfriend to come down for investigation. We had no idea what it was about so we just went down the following day.

They separated us and started questioning us. It turns out that on new year's eve, something went missing from a cab that me and my boyfriend took and because we were the last passengers, they were investigating us.

I explained to them what happened. I boarded the cab first in the rear seat and sat behind the driver. My boyfriend followed and sat beside me. I didn't see anything in the car. My bf and I were quarreling at the time over some petty thing but it was nothing really. My bf who wasn't carrying anything got off at Bukit Merah and I got off at Jurong West. I paid the cab fare with NETS and picked up my ladies handbag and left.

I didn't think twice about the ride as it was 100% normal. Then suddenly we get called up for investigation. When I asked the police what it was about, they said that a bag was missing from the cab.

After 2 hours of questioning me as if I am a criminal, they said that I could go but my bf was required to go with the police to their headquarters. They proceeded to put him in lock up for over 24 hours and after that he is now out on police bail.

We both did nothing wrong. Seriously, if we were stealing something from the cab who would be so stupid to pay with NETS to allow the police to trace back? I boarded the cab first that day and there was nothing there. Why would the cab driver even leave his bag in the back seat? When I got off at the end, the cab driver also seemed completely normal and never checked the cab for his bag or anything like that either.

My boyfriend is an ex-convict. But I am 100% sure that there was nothing in the cab as i got in first and my bf wasn't carrying any bag when he left as he had nothing on him. What happened to yellow ribbon and moving on with life after convictions? It seems the police still have a heavy bias! When I questioned them about it saying are you questioning him coz he is an ex convict. The police didn't say anything, they just said it's for investigation purpose. They didn't give me any proper detail on why they detain my bf. Is there even any evidence to show its him so that they can put him on police bail?

Dear TRS, both of us are innocent but because of the police bias, they are putting us through so much stress! All because we boarded that jinxed cab!

The following day I was called down for "further investigation" but I wasn't arrested. They just keep asking the same questions over and over again and wasted my whole afternoon until 7pm.

They then handcuffed my bf and brought him to his house to search his house looking for something illegal but obviously they found nothing.

Even then, they didnt let him go and put him on police bail instead. This has totally traumatized us as he has really already changed over a new leaf in a crime free life.

I want to ask, what evidence do the police need in order to arrest you and put you on bail?

Can they just put you on bail because you're an ex con then search your home? When they still find nothing they can just say that they are still investigating and refuse to let you go but just keep you on police bail?

I don't know what the laws are TRS, can you please help me. Are they allowed to do this?

Read visitors' comments here :

I seriously doubt this story is true. why would the cab driver put his own bag at the back of his cab if it is precious enuf to make a police report when it is missing?
Do you put your jewellery outside your house even if it is protected with CCTV or lock it safely in your safe inside your house?

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
Moral of the story try not to find an ex con as a boyfriend or girlfriend you keep quarreling with him/her, unless he or she has repented and accepted Jesus.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For cases in which the Lightning desires a particular result, to make sure that the citizenry gets the message (to mind their own business) loud and clear, the judge will be carefully selected. No such thing as conflict of interest. It is not in Lightning's vocabulary.

[video=youtube;1BxFlmb6S6E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BxFlmb6S6E[/video]

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boh pian we inherited the British law. American is you are innocent until proven guilty that is why over there is beri messy. Got gay marriages some more. The state sanction men ffing another mens asshOles.

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boh pian we inherited the British law. American is you are innocent until proven guilty that is why over there is beri messy. Got gay marriages some more. The state sanction men ffing another mens asshOles.

Boh pian we got so many daft Sinkies like you around.

"Sir, let there not be any doubt on this point: the presumption of innocence is an important and fundamental principle, and is one of the foundations of our Criminal Justice System. The Government is absolutely committed to upholding the presumption of innocence, as a core principle in our commitment to the Rule of Law. There is no intention to question or qualify that principle in any way."

- Minister for Law, K Shanmugam

https://www.mlaw.gov.sg/news/parlia...ary-question-on-acquittal-presumption-of.html