• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I don't understand the animosity against FTs in this forum.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was during GCT's time the immigration policy was loosened. India and Singapore signed a big CECA -comprehensive economic cooperation agreement - which amongst others led to freer entries and EPs etc for Indians in the IT and banking sectors. It was like letting it go while the going was good, when the people's attention were turned elsewhere. Not to mention that growing GDP leaves a good mark on him.

Actually when I left, uncle Goh still in power leh. So its some time ago.

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wasn't as obvious during ah goh's time. MRT wasn't as crowded apart from peak hours. Jurong east was still manageable.

It was during GCT's time the immigration policy was loosened. India and Singapore signed a big CECA -comprehensive economic cooperation agreement - which amongst others led to freer entries and EPs etc for Indians in the IT and banking sectors. It was like letting it go while the going was good, when the people's attention were turned elsewhere. Not to mention that growing GDP leaves a good mark on him.

ah goh's time, oredi got loon fingerprints all over oredi ... ah loon's time, hell broke loose ...

yourdadisme

FT also human although some of them behave worst then some Singaporean . But there's also good FT around , same as there's good Singaporean in Singapore . I always said nationality got nothing to do with personality .

now Singapore got so many FT , why not make use of those FT and think of a business to earn their money ?

you kidding? they pack food for lunch, buy the cheapest product available.
earn SGD and send back to home.
one pot of stew, can feed the entire group.

u sure want to target these group of croakroaches and make money out from them? think again.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
To be honest, I think they are all overseas. Hence, they never encounter what you've said. I'm pretty intrigue by what is happening in SIngapore. Mind you, I still have friends and family there and what they are telling me is no different from what I've read here. I started this thread because I've not seen some of the extreme "things" like what you have mentioned here. In fact, I've seen white aussies "defending" new migrants here.

Bro Ash007, like you I have lived in overseas for an extended period of time so I sort of understand your question.

The fact is your stand on immigration (and to some extent - racial?) issues will never be reconciled due to your resident status. For Australia, the immigration policy has helped transform the country into a more vibrant and multicultural society. Most young white ozzies I know are acceptive of immigration and diversity because it has increased the quality of life (of course, they had some trouble with the Lebanese and Vietnamese community but that is for another discussion thread). Backwater towns like Gippsland, Blacktown have undergone rejuvenation and rapid development.

In Singapore's case, our land mass is obviously restricted. There's also the case of job opportunities, school placement and national service.

When someone's ricebowl and quality of life is threatened, his views will change.

Staying in Aussieland is so unsinkified... ahhhhh... i love aussie :smile: Real human being behave like real human in aussieland.. wonderful!!!!!

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I meant the other bus passengers. I actually am guilty of this many times as well. But I have slowly learned to fight back when the situation allows. Looking back, I really have no idea why I would behave this way. I really believe it boils down to the social climate in Singapore where everyone prefers to be told what to do rather then take its own initiative. I hope that my kid won't be like this.

you will get polluted by sinkieiness if you stay in sinkieland too much. that is not social climate, that is call sinkie low life curse.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Everybody ?

But, Sam thought this is a heavenly haven for bizmen. Is the word "everybody" means 2 to 6 people ? I don't think everyone say that because 60% said that Sinkingland is a heaven on earth. The KOK uncles and line dancing aunties are very happy.

I doubt Sam has been to Spore in a long while. Even if he visits Spore it will just be as a tourist. Whatever memories he may have about Spore are from the old days, when things weren't so bad. If he was younger & trying to make his way, he would probably be voting with his feet :smile:

I also don't understand the 60%. For years I was expecting them to vote for "some" opposition but it never happened:eek: This recent GE result may be the start of a trend to hold the PAP accountable. The 60% have alot to because many Sporeans are going to suffer for all the mistakes of the PAP:(

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe I've been out of the country for too long. But I never quite figured out the animosity against, Filipinos, PRCs, Indians in this forum. This occurred to me when I have to ring up my medical insurance for some assistance. After the problem was resolved, the caller asked if I was Korean, I mentioned no, I was Chinese. I asked if she was, she replied she was Filipino, I tend said "Kumusta ka na", and she began laughing out loud and said there are just so many asians here and how I know that. I said I have korean and Filipino friends and learned a little. Everything was very jovial and I could continue the conversation if I need to. Too bad I'm married I suppose. Are things really that bad in Singapore that most people can't seem to live harmoniously with these FTs? My company has migrants from all over the world, Indians, PRCs, Filipinos, Vietnamese, Americans, Koreans, Japanese. Is it purely the "quality" of the FTs Singapore is getting?

were you the same guy who wrote a pro pap blog?? surely you know the ratio of FT to sinkies is too high.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Sydney 1 in 5 are born overseas. Not sure about Singapore 1 in 2? As for the first question, why would I be in Sydney if I'm associated with the pap?

were you the same guy who wrote a pro pap blog?? surely you know the ratio of FT to sinkies is too high.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

you kidding? they pack food for lunch, buy the cheapest product available.
earn SGD and send back to home.
one pot of stew, can feed the entire group.

u sure want to target these group of croakroaches and make money out
from them? think again.

FT also got rich one lah ..can target those rich FT . By the way , also can target those Poor FT ...depends on what kind of business u do .

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The issue is not FT per se. The issue is too many, too fast and many from the ethnic background. The policy was badly formulated, it was a surprise, many locals feel disenfranchised overnight and feel that they have been left out in the cold. Remember when they announced the 4 million, people until that day thought e pop is 2.3 as the census was purposely not updated.

Allowing the FT Indians to form their own enclaves was a big mistake. They had their own schools, introduced jobs, accommodation and network amongst themselves. They grab the upper end while the Filipinoes grab the lower middle and the PRC, the bogtom end. I am fully aware the upper middle class was a no go zone policy wise.

Sometime in 2007, i noticed a Pinoy sales assistant treating a local Ah Soh quite badly at a pharmacy. It was an islolated incident and they felt twith their command of English, they were one up. Now it is commonplace. The temerity of the waiter walloping a local in a local supermaket does not spell assimilation but boldness unchecked. The Singapore situation cannot be compared to OZ, Canada etc.

Those emigration policies are measured and ther a even policies along vocational and skill lines. Not in SIngapore. I have never heard of Employers in Canada and OZ being paid money to accept foreign workers. In Singapore agents contact kopi tiam owners to take staff who mortgaged their family assets in their village to pay those incentives to agents and employers. Naturally the FTs harbour ill will against Singapoans as they are clearly exploited. Then you have Cisco offering thug services to employers to whisk away "troublemakers" to the airport.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Except for the Lebanese, the rest are prepared to assimilate. Most countries in thr world will do what they do to Native minorities such as the aboriginals, native Indians etc. Since they are not prepared to assimiliate, they allow them to feel they own the land and let get stuck in their cultural trap. The rest of the citizens get on with the programme of having their kids aspire to be engineers, doctors, classical pianist, entpreneurs. The world waits for no man.
In Sydney 1 in 5 are born overseas. Not sure about Singapore 1 in 2? As for the first question, why would I be in Sydney if I'm associated with the pap?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wasn't as obvious during ah goh's time. MRT wasn't as crowded apart from peak hours. Jurong east was still manageable.

even during ah goh time, there already the invasion of the pdmm with their kid. Then the invasion of PRC students in our local govt/private schools. During those time, ah sam forum fill with lobangs for cheap thrill. Those days already have stories of ah peks kenna cheat of their cpf money by pdmms.

mayliewwan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore situation cannot be compared to OZ, canada etc? Really?? Looks like you don't know much about Canada's situation. If you want to know something about Canada's problems, please Google Salim Mansur , a Toronto Sun columnist and read his Feb 10 article Let's break the silence and talk about immigration. He also wrote another article, Lobby arguement doesn't add up in Jan. Ironic isn't it. An Indian born Canadian critical of Canada's out of control immigration policies
Come Labour day. Hordes of low skill temporary workers will take to the streets across Canada demanding the gov't change the policy and let them apply for PR
As for the refugee crisis, I don't even want to talk about it. It is out of control since the late 80's or early 90's

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The issue is not FT per se. The issue is too many, too fast and many from the ethnic background. The policy was badly formulated, it was a surprise, many locals feel disenfranchised overnight and feel that they have been left out in the cold. Remember when they announced the 4 million, people until that day thought e pop is 2.3 as the census was purposely not updated.

Allowing the FT Indians to form their own enclaves was a big mistake. They had their own schools, introduced jobs, accommodation and network amongst themselves. They grab the upper end while the Filipinoes grab the lower middle and the PRC, the bogtom end. I am fully aware the upper middle class was a no go zone policy wise.

Sometime in 2007, i noticed a Pinoy sales assistant treating a local Ah Soh quite badly at a pharmacy. It was an islolated incident and they felt twith their command of English, they were one up. Now it is commonplace. The temerity of the waiter walloping a local in a local supermaket does not spell assimilation but boldness unchecked. The Singapore situation cannot be compared to OZ, Canada etc.

Those emigration policies are measured and ther a even policies along vocational and skill lines. Not in SIngapore....

The SG situation cannot be compared against OZ indeed. In one of my previous job I liaised with a no. of OZ immigrants working in my Co branch in OZ. The way I see it they took a low profile generally and even if come across things they're not happy with (like racist remark), they also took it quietly and don't openly complain and definitely not so bold to rob and punch people at times of conflict.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its a sad story. Not only the Indian FT, the Ang Mo FT GM sent promotional material via email at the request of another Ang Mo on a Club change of rules but refused to do the same for a Singaporean who held the opposite view. We really need to examine our position in our country.

You bet!!!! Recently had lunch at Tanglin Club where it used to be 51% Ang Mor, 49% mixed Sinkies. Walan! I think now 66% Keling FT. I thought these would've joined The Cricket Club!!!

Cheers!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The thing that irks meet most if FT sales staff being rude to our less capable Singaporean. Watch them suck up to FTs.

The SG situation cannot be compared against OZ indeed. In one of my previous job I liaised with a no. of OZ immigrants working in my Co branch in OZ. The way I see it they took a low profile generally and even if come across things they're not happy with (like racist remark), they also took it quietly and don't openly complain and definitely not so bold to rob and punch people at times of conflict.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Except for the Lebanese, the rest are prepared to assimilate. Most countries in thr world will do what they do to Native minorities such as the aboriginals, native Indians etc. Since they are not prepared to assimiliate, they allow them to feel they own the land and let get stuck in their cultural trap. The rest of the citizens get on with the programme of having their kids aspire to be engineers, doctors, classical pianist, entpreneurs. The world waits for no man.

I can never understand the Lebanese, be they Christians or Muslims, what the f*ck they are doing in Australia. They need to set aside their arrogance and perhaps do some works that are not illegal. Otherwise, they will always remain marginal and sidelined. Perhaps, these troubles need to be sent to Malaysia to play "friendly" soccer, in excuse of Malaysians sending problems (Chinese) overseas.

In general, asians are the quieter lot. They just get the work done for the day and have no time for nonsense which the angmos like to play.

Anyway, the angmos are cowards and I will urge asians to be bold and stand up to them.

Their writing skills are getting worse and then there is Aussiespeak to hide their conversation, there is always a "Please speak English here" remarks to remind them that tuan days are long over, so are the command of the only language they own.

Last edited: