• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How do you treat foreigners?

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
With all the "anti-talk" about foreigners in Singapore, how do you actually treat them yourself if they are among one of your many colleagues in your office?

Do you stick to your beliefs and become the only one who "buay garm" with them if they are popular among your colleagues? (For eg they don't get invitations to the dinners that you host at your house, or you were passing around but snatch away a box of chocolates you bought from France holiday when it reaches their hands.)

Or do you just treat them like normal?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
With all the "anti-talk" about foreigners in Singapore, how do you actually treat them yourself if they are among one of your many colleagues in your office?

in my last workplace, i made good friends with the foreigners and treated them as equals. having heart to heart talks with them, a number of them have gotten their PR-ship, and not many are willing to take up the red passport. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
in my last workplace, i made good friends with the foreigners and treated them as equals. having heart to heart talks with them, a number of them have gotten their PR-ship, and not many are willing to take up the red passport. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Have you ever raised in this forum the issue of too many foreigners in Singapore? If yes have you shared these views to your foreigner colleagues? If yes what was their reaction?

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you stick to your beliefs and become the only one who "buay garm" with them if they are popular among your colleagues? (For eg they don't get invitations to the dinners that you host at your house, or you were passing around but snatch away a box of chocolates you bought from France holiday when it reaches their hands.)

Or do you just treat them like normal?

The above does not apply to me as i'm my own OMO boss without the need for labour help. I will be polite to the service staffs if they are to me otherwise its the buay-kay-yan look from me they will get.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you ever raised in this forum the issue of too many foreigners in Singapore? If yes have you shared these views to your foreigner colleagues? If yes what was their reaction?

black-eye.jpg

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

i raised the FT issue back in the old sammyboyforum @ delphi, i might try to search for the link back to the thread later when i'm free.

i got it from my ex-colleagues during the smoke breaks and lunches, a large number of the PRCs are using this place as a spring board, the Russians seem to like it here because they are away from the Russian winter and they have been through worse, i.e the Soviet times

haven't got much chance to talk to the Hungarians and French thou'. on the whole, they have their own lil' enclaves, so they are pretty much occupied with their own stuffs than to be bothered by the nitty gritty stuffs. (sic: they have a bigger fish to fry)

in a nutshell, i reckoned they understand that they're here to milk the cash cow while they can, not exactly in a mercenary sense. they know that the local are hostile against the FTs, but i don't think it really bothered them as our field is highly specialized and these folks are truly talents in their own rights. trust me, they feel the discrimination but they are managing it well.

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Treat them like how you would like to be treated if you were working in their country.

It's not their fault, it's the Government's fault for their failure to regulate their influx.

If Australia were to be like us, distributing PRs and citizenship like fliers, I'm sure we would be in Australia by now.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have no issue with foreigners pe ce.They are people too.Like you and me.The gist of the matter is that it is PAP who tells all foreigners they are a talent and without them we cannot survive.So all these fucken foreigners wear a veneer of superiority and push their shit down the local's throats.It reeks when you fraternize with them.However diplomatically or simply crass....

And Oh,this gahman also tells local we must make way and accommodate foreigners.In short welcome them to walk all over our face.But the gahman would never tell these economy refugees to understand our culture,speak our lingo or know shit about our history or the way we live or eat....Most countries like Europe ,USA and Canada who have a history of accepting aliens make it a point to tell the aliens(foreigners),'hey follow our ways'...In fact one has to pass some sort of examination in local history and local lingo as a prerequisite for their citizenships...Oh,NO! not this country---PAP simply tells the foreigners please come to this country with no obligation(NS) and feel free to fuck the locals in any other way.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
The above does not apply to me as i'm my own OMO boss without the need for labour help. I will be polite to the service staffs if they are to me otherwise its the buay-kay-yan look from me they will get.

I guess your buay kay yan would apply even to rude Singaporean staff. :smile:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
in a nutshell, i reckoned they understand that they're here to milk the cash cow while they can, not exactly in a mercenary sense. they know that the local are hostile against the FTs, but i don't think it really bothered them as our field is highly specialized and these folks are truly talents in their own rights. trust me, they feel the discrimination but they are managing it well.

Hmmm... feels like Australia to some Asians...

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have no issue with foreigners pe ce.They are people too.Like you and me.The gist of the matter is that it is PAP who tells all foreigners they are a talent and without them we cannot survive.So all these fucken foreigners wear a veneer of superiority and push their shit down the local's throats.It reeks when you fraternize with them.However diplomatically or simply crass....

Do you mean that you feel a tinge of biasedness when seeing a foreign colleague, but treat him/her as the same as the rest to "fit in"? Sorry, just trying to understand.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please wake up the problem is not foreigners but the govt, its policies and its citizens!

That's kinda like my view. I talk to all around me the same, foreigners or not, but at a national level, I am against bringing in an overflux of international citizens because we might end up biting more than we can chew - in terms of population, housing, culture etc.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can we have the views of the RP's short and fat conman Edmond Ng Fuckjerk on this issue? After all this is the fuck who thought he can take over Tampines GRC in the last GE. KJ come to Tampines and see if the residents will vote for you with him at your side!

Bro I'm sure many see the same threads same topic on the main page. That is more effective than a post lost in a discussion like this. (By the way it's Edmund not Edmond I believe.)

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
I generally treat them nicely ... they are here to seek a better life ... natural human instinct ... it's the policies and government I oppose for opening the floodgates and despising the locals ...

But I get pissed with those farmboys who whine incessantly about how expensive things are or how bad food here is compared to their ghetto back home ... or those ah tiongs who still love china and only mix with their own ... and worse still recommend their scholar mates to work together and earn referral fees ... pui ...