• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hong Seng Curry Rice @ Redhill

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMG20200216211721-03.jpg

Sited at Redhill Food Centre ever since opening in 1995, Hong Seng Curry Rice (鴻森咖喱飯) sells just traditional Hainanese curry rice, still its customers might find themselves agonizing over what to eat on account they could choose from a heady selection of twenty odd economically priced sides including Hainanese pork chop ($1/portion), braised pig trotters ($3-$5/portion), boneless curry chicken ($2/portion), Dong Po pork ($2.50/portion), prawn fritters ($2/portion), sardine fish ($2/portion) and sambal ikan bilis ($0.70/portion).

Interesting POI: third generation hawker Alex Lim Jia Han (who is Hong Seng founder's grandson btw) takes full charge these days, having earned his stripes through a most punishing 3-month apprenticeship completed eons ago under both father and uncle whilst slaving in the proverbial trenches to grasp firsthand the inner machinations of the family business. Original Redhill stall aside, Hong Seng also operates standalone subsidiaries @ Singapore Management University (SMU) and Jalan Bukit Merah.

More at https://www.thefooddossier.com/2020/02/hong-seng-curry-rice.html

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I used to live in Redhill Lane and I ate there quite often. I would rate his stall 6 out of 10. Good variety of dishes but not something to die for as Mr Seetoh would say in his makan sutra. :wink:

Kotekbengkok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing like the original Scissors rice at Kitchener Rd. Tried so many. All not so shiok shiok. So still go back to them.

I used to live in Redhill Lane and I ate there quite often. I would rate his stall 6 out of 10. Good variety of dishes but not something to die for as Mr Seetoh would say in his makan sutra. :wink:

Johnrambo

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMG20200216211721-03.jpg

Sited at Redhill Food Centre ever since opening in 1995, Hong Seng Curry Rice (鴻森咖喱飯) sells just traditional Hainanese curry rice, still its customers might find themselves agonizing over what to eat on account they could choose from a heady selection of twenty odd economically priced sides including Hainanese pork chop ($1/portion), braised pig trotters ($3-$5/portion), boneless curry chicken ($2/portion), Dong Po pork ($2.50/portion), prawn fritters ($2/portion), sardine fish ($2/portion) and sambal ikan bilis ($0.70/portion).

Interesting POI: third generation hawker Alex Lim Jia Han (who is Hong Seng founder's grandson btw) takes full charge these days, having earned his stripes through a most punishing 3-month apprenticeship completed eons ago under both father and uncle whilst slaving in the proverbial trenches to grasp firsthand the inner machinations of the family business. Original Redhill stall aside, Hong Seng also operates standalone subsidiaries @ Singapore Management University (SMU) and Jalan Bukit Merah.

More at https://www.thefooddossier.com/2020/02/hong-seng-curry-rice.html
wow that was damn unforgiving review. Anyways it mentioned "pekat", what the fuck is that?

covertbriar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ate this months back, it was good, not great. Besides the photo does look appetizing IMO, could the food really turn out that lousy?