• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hong Kan Seng needs 1 more month to find out how Mas Selamat fled

HongKanSeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1083366/1/.html

Mas Selamat being held at Whitley Road Detention Centre
By Milton Sau | Posted: 25 September 2010 1947 hrs

Photos 1 of 1

Mas Selamat bin Kastari (file photo)

Related News
• Terrorism problem has not gone away with arrest of Mas Selamat: says PM Lee
• Mas Selamat possessed books on making bombs when first arrested in 2003
• Mas Selamat repatriated, detained under Singapore's ISA

SINGAPORE : Terror suspect Mas Selamat Kastari is now being held at the Whitley Road Detention Centre, the same facility he had escaped from in February 2008.

Security has been tightened at the centre since his escape.

Speaking to the media at a constituency event on Saturday, Deputy Prime Minister Wong Kan Seng said Mas Selamat has been arrested under the Internal Security Act.

He will be held for investigations for a month.

During this period, a decision will be made whether to put him on a detention order.

Asked if Malaysian authorities had shared any details of their investigation, Mr Wong declined to comment, except to say that investigations are ongoing.

Mr Wong, who is also Home Affairs Minister, said: "He is now detained in the Whitley Road Detention Centre. Now investigations have been launched on Mas Selamat Kastari's escape. It may take some time for us to conclude how he had escaped.

"I can assure Singaporeans that when the information he gives can be verified, and we can conclusively say that that is how he escaped and without compromising on operational security, I will let Singaporeans know more (about) how he escaped." - CNA/ms

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
One month, 1 day, one year...... who cares?

You will believe what they say?

They will believe what he say?

Photos 1 of 1

Related News

SINGAPORE : Terror suspect Mas Selamat Kastari is now being held at the Whitley Road Detention Centre, the same facility he had escaped from in February 2008.

Speaking to the media at a constituency event on Saturday, Deputy Prime Minister Wong Kan Seng said Mas Selamat has been arrested under the Internal Security Act.

During this period, a decision will be made whether to put him on a detention order.

Asked if Malaysian authorities had shared any details of their investigation, Mr Wong declined to comment, except to say that investigations are ongoing.

Mr Wong, who is also Home Affairs Minister, said: "He is now detained in the Whitley Road Detention Centre. Now investigations have been launched on Mas Selamat Kastari's escape. It may take some time for us to conclude how he had escaped.

"I can assure Singaporeans that when the information he gives can be verified, and we can conclusively say that that is how he escaped and without compromising on operational security, I will let Singaporeans know more (about) how he escaped." - CNA/ms

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone who's been police before and lived in the old police academy (opposite ISD DC) before can easily figure out how he escaped. He climbed out through the toilet window. Note, the bigger toilet window, not the smaller cubicle ventilating window. That meant, his guard was outside the toilet door, not outside the cubicle as the guard was supposed to be. Clearing the window, it's a breeze to walk down Onraet Road to PIE and catch a bus, if one kept his cool and nerves without panicking. Many young NS police recruits did that for temporary AWOL (a night out for fun) without getting caught as long as they came back in time for next morning's training. The difference here is, they didn't mean to cause any harm, just youthful and restless fun seeking. MSK is supposed to be terrorist suspected of a bomb plot.

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought WKS or the ISD already described how Mas Selamat escaped? Via the open toilet window landing on toilet rolls and limping out of the ISD centre and finally floating across the Johore Straits!

Is WKS now trying to say the earlier story was a LIE?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought WKS or the ISD already described how Mas Selamat escaped? Via the open toilet window landing on toilet rolls and limping out of the ISD centre and finally floating across the Johore Straits!

Is WKS now trying to say the earlier story was a LIE?

He's clueless. I could get to Malaysia or Thailand or Indonesia without a passport if I want to. But of course I don't want to and don't need to.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone who's been police before and lived in the old police academy (opposite ISD DC) before can easily figure out how he escaped. He climbed out through the toilet window. Note, the bigger toilet window, not the smaller cubicle ventilating window. That meant, his guard was outside the toilet door, not outside the cubicle as the guard was supposed to be. Clearing the window, it's a breeze to walk down Onraet Road to PIE and catch a bus, if one kept his cool and nerves without panicking. Many young NS police recruits did that for temporary AWOL (a night out for fun) without getting caught as long as they came back in time for next morning's training. The difference here is, they didn't mean to cause any harm, just youthful and restless fun seeking. MSK is supposed to be terrorist suspected of a bomb plot.

that fellow must had served his NS as a poodle to know this

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that fellow must had served his NS as a poodle to know this

The point is, his guard must have standing outside the toilet door leaving the whole toilet to him, not standing outside the cubicle door restricting his areas of manoevures. See the point?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The point is, his guard must have standing outside the toilet door leaving the whole toilet to him, not standing outside the cubicle door restricting his areas of manoevures. See the point?

Whatever the story is, they know what had happened, wether the guard was standing in & standing out.

I am sure you are familar with the layout of the old police academy, onraet rd...

At the entrance of the road , there is the bus stop the bus stop had been there, since whitely Rd was a dual carriaheway), & behind the bus stop is the old Onraet Pr Sch, building is now used for the PA, and further in was the old quaters. To the left is the cemetary, where in the past, there was a kampung.

What I have described is the old layout, the new ISD dentention centre with the high gate & fence, security cameras, etc..is in that area.

You going tell me, MSK walked all the way ( or limped) all the way to the bus stop on Whitely Rd., on any given day, would be filled with Catholic Junior High School Students &/or police trainees etc??

or you are going to say, he limped all the way to Mt Pleasant Rd, pass the Senior Officer's Mess, pass the Polo Club, onto Thomson Rd., & up Toa Payoh Rise, pass the petrol station & the school for the blind....

Anyway, we shall wait & read or hear the concluding episode of how MSK 'limped' out of Onraet Rd, to Malaysia, from the 'horses mouth', and say, 'you say , what!, what!...yeah!

No need to discuss about the possiblities, the script is already written...and we can have the closing credits..."tttthaatt'ss allll fooolllks"!:biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actually i think there is a mole inside helping him to escape.

I think this is high probability. I've considered what Halsey said but escaping by Mount Pleasant Cemetry or Thomson Polo Club route would be stupid and difficult, especially for a crippled.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think this is high probability. I've considered what Halsey said but escaping by Mount Pleasant Cemetry or Thomson Polo Club route would be stupid and difficult, especially for a crippled.

When I was much younger, I have roamed that area, am familar with the olD primary school, the kampung, Mt P Road, been in to PA to check out my friend taking judo lessons there and took a trial lesson, ate at the Officer's mess & Polo club...when I read the reports of how he escaped...I was laughing to myself, when younger with good legs walking the 'long & winding rd' of Mt Pleasant from Whitely Rd junction to Thomson Rd in itself is very tiring. Somemore all the way to Toa Payoh Rise, up high gradient of that road...plus the fact that MSK walk with a limp...then MSK must be some kind of Shaman, or he has an AVATAR ...:biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I was much younger, I have roamed that area, am familar with the olD primary school, the kampung, Mt P Road, been in to PA to check out my friend taking judo lessons there and took a trial lesson, ate at the Officer's mess & Polo club...when I read the reports of how he escaped...I was laughing to myself, when younger with good legs walking the 'long & winding rd' of Mt Pleasant from Whitely Rd junction to Thomson Rd in itself is very tiring. Somemore all the way to Toa Payoh Rise, up high gradient of that road...plus the fact that MSK walk with a limp...then MSK must be some kind of Shaman, or he has an AVATAR ...:biggrin:

Being familiar with the area, I think you get the picture of what I'm saying about the initial escape. Now there's more, next. how did he waddle across the Johor Straits undetected? We, mischieviously as sec. sch. boy scouts, tried that once from Pulau Ublin and were detained by Malaysian patrol boats on the Johor side before reaching shore. Although frankly, we did it intentionally, we all unimaously gave same statement that it was an error and we got lost at "sea." They let us go but called Singapore police patrol boats to fetch us back.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Being familiar with the area, I think you get the picture of what I'm saying about the initial escape. Now there's more, next. how did he waddle across the Johor Straits undetected? We, mischieviously as sec. sch. boy scouts, tried that once from Pulau Ublin and were detained by Malaysian patrol boats on the Johor side before reaching shore. Although frankly, we did it intentionally, we all unimaously gave same statement that it was an error and we got lost at "sea." They let us go but called Singapore police patrol boats to fetch us back.

When I was at the curious age, ( school going age) I tried rowing a sampan without any training, I nearly drifted out to sea, off east coat...

I have in my course of work, tested a boat for sea worthiness to be sold at that part of senoko, do you know how choppy the waters is....

I still say, that either MSK is a shaman or he has an Avatar, he not only can 'smoke on the water' most likely walk or skimp on it like the mudskippers...... ha ha ha ha:biggrin:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Photos 1 of 1

Related News

hi there

1. now, this is what we call competence at its best!
2. still working on it.
3. very worthy and value for monies of our millions paid for much detailed time spent on the case.

Airlib

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know how true is that... But I just like the fact that our media keeps drumming up the fact that our local agency helped the malaysian agency to arrest MSK....

It's really a good PR attempt to gain back whatever reputation the local agency had lost.
If only the malaysian agency would give their 2 cents worth on the claims....

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its not about the toilet window or the part to Malaysia. Its how he got out of the complex - high rise fencing that has barbed wires on top and motion sensors. That is the part that was not covered by the report as the committee had no clue.

He's clueless. I could get to Malaysia or Thailand or Indonesia without a passport if I want to. But of course I don't want to and don't need to.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think it's possible to escape from singapore if you have accomplices. but to make it so far, while the island was in lockdown and without any help, is near to impossible.

huahero

Alfrescian
Loyal
1 Month to force him to talk?

Such tools may prove useful.
medieval-torture-devices.JPG

A Chinese Torture Chamber Story
chinese_torture_chamber_story.jpg