• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HOLY SHIT! PENANG COW WHO HAS ZERO DIGITAL MEDIA-RELATED EXPERIENCE WILL BECOME CHAIRMAN OF NEW NON-PROFIT ENTITY HIVED OFF FROM SPH!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
On behalf of every samster here, I would like to express our heartfelt thanks to the good Minister Khaw for agreeing to come out of retirement to serve Singapore once again. Sir, you truly are a testament that there is hope even for a wretched jiuhukia, as long as they embrace PAP ideals of meritocracy and incorruptibility.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Khaw Boon Wan selected as SPH non-profit media entity proposed chairman for “high standing” and “proven track record of taking on difficult issues“, says S Iswaran - The Online Citizen Asia
Workers’ Party Member of Parliament, Sylvia Lim on Monday (10 May) raised issues regarding former Transport Minister Khaw Boon Wan’s proposed appointment as the chairman of Singapore Press Holdings’ (SPH) upcoming non-profit media entity.
“Am I to assume that it was the government’s suggestion that Mr Khaw take on this role and the management shareholders agreed to their suggestion?” Ms Lim questioned Communications and Information Minister S Iswaran after the latter delivered his ministerial statement on the matter.
She further asked the Minister if he does not see the company-by-limited-guarantee (CLG) chairman appointment as “a missed opportunity” where “someone else who does is not so closely linked to the government could have been chosen” instead.
Ms Lim also queried if other candidates were considered before the decision to choose Mr Khaw was made.
Mr Iswaran replied that while he does not think that the definition of a good news media or a credible news media is that it must always see eye-to-eye with the Government, there are occasions when it is “necessary to be able to do so”.
Citing SPH current chairman, Dr Lee Boon Yang’s past experience as a Cabinet minister, Mr Iswaran said that there have been other chairpersons who were formerly senior civil servants.
Contrary to the assertion that it is a politically motivated appointment, Mr Khaw was selected for his “high standing” in Singapore and his “proven track record of taking on difficult issues”.
“And this is one such issue, and what you need is someone at the leadership level who has the gravitas, has the strategic vision and the experience in undertaking these sorts of major tasks,” said Mr Iswaran.
“And make no mistake about it, this is a major undertaking and it is one that is of national importance. So, I think the choice of Mr Khaw Boon Wan one is something that not just the Government, but in fact, their management shareholders were very keen on,” he added.
What would be a missed opportunity, said Mr Iswaran, is if “we allow political considerations to prevent us from making the right decision in terms of the right person for the job to get it done”.
“And I think that’s what we have sought to do,” he concluded.
Known as “Mr Fix-It” for handling pressing national issues ranging from housing to transport, Mr Khaw retired from the political scene ahead of last year’s General Election.
During his time as a politician, Mr Khaw had dabbled in various ministries such as Transport, Health, and National Development. He was also most recently the Coordinating Minister for Infrastructure, as well as Transport Minister – a ministry that was given to him in 2015 to tackle the problem of train disruptions.
Prior to that, Mr Khaw was in the Ministry of National Development (MND), dealing with issues on Singapore’s public housing supply. He also was part of the Ministry of Health (MOH) in 2003 when Singapore was dealing with the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) outbreak.
Share this:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr Iswaran replied that while he does not think that the definition of a good news media or a credible news media is that it must always see eye-to-eye with the Government, there are occasions when it is “necessary to be able to do so”.

This is why you're ranked 160th. Typical glib-tongue ah neh bullshit artist. No wonder the legal profession is infested with your kind. :cool:

jw5

Loyal
Khaw seems reluctant .

The humbug is pretending to be reluctant. :wink:

1620655867174.png

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Experience is overrated. See how many years of experient Looong had before taking over as prime mister. Khaw has track record of turning a round failed ministries. He will do a good job here I am sure of it. :smile:

jw5

Loyal
Experience is overrated. See how many years of experient Looong had before taking over as prime mister. Khaw has track record of turning a round failed ministries. He will do a good job here I am sure of it. :smile:

Hopefully there will be more images like this for us to enjoy. :wink:

1620656500554.png

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I saw him and his wife at Bras Basah complex last month. He was walking casually and nobody bothered to greet him. I treated him as invisible when we took the same escalator. He is very short, almost like Mah Bao Tan height, look very uninteresting and don't have that air of a leader.

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does it surprise you that you don't need experience to be appointed Chairman as long as you are well connected?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw him and his wife at Bras Basah complex last month. He was walking casually and nobody bothered to greet him. I treated him as invisible when we took the same escalator. He is very short, almost like Mah Bao Tan height, look very uninteresting and don't have that air of a leader.
U mistake lah may be u saw is henry thia the comedian. Big shot PAP man how can have no body guard? :unsure:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The humbug is pretending to be reluctant. :wink:

View attachment 110451

Stellar acting skills from the pappies again. I wonder why they weren't at least nominated in the Changi Jewel Star Awards?

Quan Yi Fong the violent Taiwan ah lian auntie could not hold a candle to their acting skills and yet she received an award. :biggrin:

Reactions: jw5

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Does it surprise you that you don't need experience to be appointed Chairman as long as you are well connected?

Profit is no longer a motive, experience is not necessary.

Unless it's the experience of a seasoned politician. :wink:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
While Straight Time has a 100 plus years brand name, Khaw's talent is too great for tiny SPH! The time for media corpse to merge, i mean unite is close at hand! What happens next? Reporters are right to be worried. Questions must be asked. What devious schemes doth Looong have under the skirt? :unsure:

Rainowar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Retired former minister Khaw Boon Wan will be the chairman of the not-for-profit entity that will oversee Singapore Press Holdings' (SPH) media business when it is hived off, said Communications and Information Minister S Iswaran on Monday (May 10).

SPH said last week that it will transfer its entire media-related business to a newly formed public company limited by guarantee (CLG), amid the ongoing challenge of falling advertising revenue.

Speaking in Parliament, Mr Iswaran said the decision to appoint a chairman was an important and immediate decision that had to be made by the CLG.

The decision was discussed with SPH’s existing management shareholders, who agreed to form the CLG and be its founding members. This ensures that local news media will remain “in the hands of trusted institutions with a long-term stake in Singapore”, Mr Iswaran said.

The management shareholders are OCBC, Great Eastern, UOB, DBS, Singtel, NTUC Income, Temasek via Fullerton, the National University of Singapore and Nanyang Technological University.

https://tinyurI.com/33ksmuxn
Singapore brain drain ah keep musical chair these useless old farts