• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

hehehe... part 2

mirror, mirror on the wall; which is the fairest date of all?

• 12th March 2011

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • 19th March 2011

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 28th May 2011

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • 04th June 2011

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • 11th June 2011

• 18th June 2011

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • 25th June 2011

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • September School Holidays

• November School Holidays

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • let's wait till 2012

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
it has been over 2 years since the last thread titled "hehehe..." was first posted and it seems like only 2 bros predicted that GE would fall in 2011.

about time we start a new poll and see if we can strike "first prize" or not :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
why even bother when the strongest opp party is a wayang party that will just maintain the status quo. might as well have a military coup... if only all the SAF generals were NOT pappy cronies or the ministers themselves.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
What about the dates that you have not listed?
You should just list something like Jan - Feb, Mar- Apr, ...etc.

G.E is usually held on a Saturday if you've noticed. since most polling stations are either schools or CCs, etc, i reckoned school holidays are the most probable periods :eek::eek::eek:

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
How soon will we be informed that we have to vote? Like what would we have to bring besides our IC to the polling station? :smile:

I've no idea at all. :smile:

ken_5389

Alfrescian
Loyal
How soon will we be informed that we have to vote? Like what would we have to bring besides our IC to the polling station? :smile:

I've no idea at all. :smile:

Are you a first-time voter?

After the Nomination Day, if there is a contest in your area, you will receive a polling card. It tells you where your is polling station. Bring it with together your IC or passport to the polling to cast your vote.

ken_5389

Alfrescian
Loyal
G.E is usually held on a Saturday if you've noticed. since most polling stations are either schools or CCs, etc, i reckoned school holidays are the most probable periods :eek::eek::eek:

You don't get my point. The selection should be a period, rather than a spcific date.

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you a first-time voter?

After the Nomination Day, if there is a contest in your area, you will receive a polling card. It tells you where your is polling station. Bring it with together your IC or passport to the polling to cast your vote.

What if I lost my polling card?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
You don't get my point. The selection should be a period, rather than a spcific date.

why should i bother to put any target range in months when i know that the polling date is going to fall on a Saturday within school holiday periods? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ken_5389

Alfrescian
Loyal
why should i bother to put any target range in months when i know that the polling date is going to fall on a Saturday within school holiday periods? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes, most likely during school holidays, but not 100%.
Do you remember when was last GE held? Was it within school holiday?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Yes, most likely during school holidays, but not 100%.
Do you remember when was last GE held? Was it within school holiday?

granted the last election was held on 6th May 2006 which wasn't in school holidays, we need to understand that the ELD were already pressed for time as the previous election was held 3rd Nov 2001 and they had little choice but to sandwich the GE between May Day and Vesak Day for that festive feel to help sweeten the ground.

this time round, they have until 2012 Feb, which gives them ample time to select a date which could help them garner the maximum number of votes, but you need to understand that from 2009 onwards, mid year and end of year exams are now pretty much brought forward slightly due to earlier dates for O' Levels that now take place in late October instead of the usual Nov/Dec periods. thus making elections in early May to be a less likely option because teachers will be super tied up with the scripts and/or marking.

since a large number of the election officers down for duty on polling dates are teachers, i seriously doubt that the ELD would want to antagonize their officers by selecting unfavorable dates for elections, which ultimately leaves me little room for much guesswork, hence the choice of dates instead of range of dates for my poll. :p:p:p

ken_5389

Alfrescian
Loyal
granted the last election was held on 6th May 2006 which wasn't in school holidays, we need to understand that the ELD were already pressed for time as the previous election was held 3rd Nov 2001 and they had little choice but to sandwich the GE between May Day and Vesak Day for that festive feel to help sweeten the ground.

this time round, they have until 2012 Feb, which gives them ample time to select a date which could help them garner the maximum number of votes, but you need to understand that from 2009 onwards, mid year and end of year exams are now pretty much brought forward slightly due to earlier dates for O' Levels that now take place in late October instead of the usual Nov/Dec periods. thus making elections in early May to be a less likely option because teachers will be super tied up with the scripts and/or marking.

since a large number of the election officers down for duty on polling dates are teachers, i seriously doubt that the ELD would want to antagonize their officers by selecting unfavorable dates for elections, which ultimately leaves me little room for much guesswork, hence the choice of dates instead of range of dates for my poll. :p:p:p

ELD? I guess you mean the Election Department. Prime Minister decide when to dissolve the parliament and call for an election, not the Election Department.

I think you think too much into exam date being being forward thingy... it may not even on PM's mind when he decides the election date.

PM have more major issues in deciding when to call for election, such as status of the interview of new PAP potential candidates, the state of economy, his overseas trips (state visits or meeting such as APEC meeting which he may not want to miss.), just to name a few.

If I don't remember wrongly, (during a National Day Rally before GE 2006)PM said before that he will not hold an election during school holiday, because he do not want to disrupt the officers holiday plans (to the audience applause). Wonder he still have the same thinking.

Bro, may I ask you:
1) Last election was held on 6th May 2006, next election due next Feb. But why not due on this May?

2) GE 2001 was 3rd Nov, when was the due date?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Bro, may I ask you:
1) Last election was held on 6th May 2006, next election due next Feb. But why not due on this May?

2) GE 2001 was 3rd Nov, when was the due date?

on 1, i believe the first Parliamentary seating after GE06 was on 3rd Nov 06, and i'm using simple mathematics to add in 5 years for the full term and 3 months grace period for the dissolution of the Parliament, it can stretch the due date for the elections to 02 Feb 12.

on 2, GE01 can be 3rd Nov, if the first Parliamentary seating after the GE would determine the due date, which was 25th Mar 02, it would effectively place the last GE's due date on 24th Jun 07.

as of the events for this year, APEC would be held in Hawaii during November, ASEAN-US leaders meeting in Sept, P.E due in 31st August, still got what else in the list?

probably not wise to place the GE too close to the PE, so what other choices can we have? give big ang bao during budget 2011 on 18th Feb, when else can GE take place? best time is holidays :p:p:p

ken_5389

Alfrescian
Loyal
on 1, i believe the first Parliamentary seating after GE06 was on 3rd Nov 06, and i'm using simple mathematics to add in 5 years for the full term and 3 months grace period for the dissolution of the Parliament, it can stretch the due date for the elections to 02 Feb 12.

on 2, GE01 can be 3rd Nov, if the first Parliamentary seating after the GE would determine the due date, which was 25th Mar 02, it would effectively place the last GE's due date on 24th Jun 07.

as of the events for this year, APEC would be held in Hawaii during November, ASEAN-US leaders meeting in Sept, P.E due in 31st August, still got what else in the list?

probably not wise to place the GE too close to the PE, so what other choices can we have? give big ang bao during budget 2011 on 18th Feb, when else can GE take place? best time is holidays :p:p:p

Bingo, Bro... You answer my questions correctly!

PM "was pressed for time" when he dissolved the Parliament on 20 April 2006, 14 months before due date.

This time round, we are only 12 months away from the due date. Electoral Boundaries Report is not out yet. PM must be panic liao. Fellow Singaporeans, PM will order the Electoral Boundaries Review Committee by hook or by crook to release the report in the next few days, dissolve the Parliament after the budget, voting will be on 12 or 19 of March, Bro favorite date.

Joking only lar... cannot be these 2 days lar, because Buget Day on 18 Feb, The debate should start on 28 Feb, and expect to end by some time 2nd week of March. Polling surely could not be during March holidays.

As I have said, PM has many issues on his mind when he make his decision on election date, I listed a few, but I believe PM 's list is much longer. And yes, PE is another factor too. PM may have other overseas schedule, which you and me are not aware of.

I believe PM would like to have as more "windows" as possible. It would be unwise to for PM to think otherwise.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Bingo, Bro... You answer my questions correctly!

PM "was pressed for time" when he dissolved the Parliament on 20 April 2006, 14 months before due date.

This time round, we are only 12 months away from the due date. Electoral Boundaries Report is not out yet. PM must be panic liao. Fellow Singaporeans, PM will order the Electoral Boundaries Review Committee by hook or by crook to release the report in the next few days, dissolve the Parliament after the budget, voting will be on 12 or 19 of March, Bro favorite date.

Joking only lar... cannot be these 2 days lar, because Buget Day on 18 Feb, The debate should start on 28 Feb, and expect to end by some time 2nd week of March. Polling surely could not be during March holidays.

As I have said, PM has many issues on his mind when he make his decision on election date, I listed a few, but I believe PM 's list is much longer. And yes, PE is another factor too. PM may have other overseas schedule, which you and me are not aware of.

I believe PM would like to have as more "windows" as possible. It would be unwise to for PM to think otherwise.

heheh...

as much as i would like the GE to be in March, my vote in this poll is the third choice: 28th May 2011 :p:p:p