• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HDB flats what is 3+1

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK 3 rm flat is actually 2 rooms. 4rm flat is 3 room. what the heck is 3+1??

3 room plus 1 toilet? Sometimes I see 2+1.

So what is 3+1?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OK 3 rm flat is actually 2 rooms. 4rm flat is 3 room. what the heck is 3+1??

3 room plus 1 toilet? Sometimes I see 2+1.

So what is 3+1?

You sure you weren't buying coffee 3-in-1 or tea 3-in-1?...maybe HDB was taking about an orgy?...3+1 payment?:biggrin:

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
These '+1" is the newly added small room after the upgrading la.

Too small to be counted as a room (though can rent out to tenant) so call it '+1' lor.

YellowRibbon

Alfrescian
Loyal
HDB

1+1 - no room no hall unit
2+1 - "3room" flat
2+1+1 - "3room" flat with an upgraded utility room at the kitchen
3+1 - "4room" flat or also a "5room" flat
EA - Executive apartment
EM - Executive Mansion

Condo

Studio - no room no hall unit
1BR - studio but with a seprate room
1BR+1 - 1 bedroom with a study room
2BR - 2 bedroom unit
2BR+1 - 2 bedroom unit with a study room (smaller in size)
3BR - 3 bedroom unit
3BR+1 - 3 bedroom unit with a study room (smaller in size)
4BR - 4 bedroom unit (usually got 2 master rooms)
4BR+1 - 4 bedroom unit with study room
Penthouse - Top floor unit (either with 2 levels or single level, some comes with jacuzzi)
Duel-Key - a 1BR and a 2BR in one unit

1BR/2BR/3BR + Patio - ground floor unit with PES (private enclose space)

Hope the above helps your clarification. a +1 in HDB term is the living hall. a +1 in Condo term refers to the study room

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK - so 2+1 = 3rm flat which is actually 2rm but since no utility so why +1? What is the +1 for?

3+1 = 4 or 5 rm flat huh? Do you mean these are 3 bedrooms with 1 utiity room hence the +1.

To add to confusion, I see newer flats that are for rent saying 2+1!!! OK I know these are brand new flats in Sengkang/Punggol so they cannot have retrofitted utility rooms. I also know that they are 4 rm flats so why 2+1?

Actually I understand your listing but it is when I see new 4rm flatsm(actually 3 bedrooms) listed as 2+1 for rental that confuses me.

1+1 - no room no hall unit
2+1 - "3room" flat
2+1+1 - "3room" flat with an upgraded utility room at the kitchen
3+1 - "4room" flat or also a "5room" flat
EA - Executive apartment
EM - Executive Mansion

YellowRibbon

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK - so 2+1 = 3rm flat which is actually 2rm but since no utility so why +1? What is the +1 for?

3+1 = 4 or 5 rm flat huh? Do you mean these are 3 bedrooms with 1 utiity room hence the +1.

As i mentioned, the +1 in HDB terms refers to the living hall
With a utility room, it is 2+1+1

To add to confusion, I see newer flats that are for rent saying 2+1!!! OK I know these are brand new flats in Sengkang/Punggol so they cannot have retrofitted utility rooms. I also know that they are 4 rm flats so why 2+1?

Actually I understand your listing but it is when I see new 4rm flatsm(actually 3 bedrooms) listed as 2+1 for rental that confuses me.

This is very simple. There are 2 scenarios :

1) a 4rm listed as 2+1 might means that 2 of the bedrooms are hack and combined into one. Making it a 2 bedroom unit

2) It is not a HDB approved unit as the owner will lock up one room. As of 1st Feb 2010, HDB stated that locking up one room and rent out the whole unit is illegal. Thats why now you dont see ads with "lock one room"

So it is a 4rm HDB flat but you only have 2 rooms.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another riddle what is a subsidy :biggrin:

'Subsidy' in the definition of the MIW, is the difference of what others are selling the same product at market price and your price which is just below the market price. That is, what the MIW did not earned from you.

In shorter (pun intended) term, to a normal person, it simply meant : Discount.