• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Harassment by Debt Collection Company

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't you get it little boy?

What makes u a greater businessman by paying $1 to creditor A and ignore $10'000 to creditor B? with $1 creditor A can most like buy a condom while Creditor B can pay for his cancer sick mother's treatment. Where's your sense of propriety?

YOu want to be gentleman pay ALL not just the one you favour etc etc. By paying one you are signaling to others to resort to the same method to recover their loses. SO if you have a child allow them to steal $1 from you wallet? but got angry when your child steal $10 from grandma's purse?

Please don't show your low-life-ness. So by paying the creditor with the least debts ignoring the bigger ones you are champion?

What kind of boss is a few bucks cannot pay? A boss that watch out for your salary paid up to date but take the beating from suppliers. Choice over morally right and business already being made. So don't preach MOrality when you know none.

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
This kind of harassment should ask pple like TeeKee to tell the debt-collectors about chrikukustiandicky so that they'll get scared off :biggrin:

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
The question of corporate law inhibiting social responsibility has been debated by many and depends on which side of the fence you are. In this case the TS truly believes the amorality of the company. No matter what is said, he would never change his mind. He is just looking for affirmation.

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Subok

Do a search on "Lifting the Veil of Incorporation" or "Lifting the Corporate Veil".

The court can make the shareholders pay the debt of (pte ltd) company, but they must have reasons to do so.

I strongly supports such actions! At least prove the boss is legally liable or not once and for all! rather than seek vengeance through gangsterism!

Obviously the creditor had weight his pros and cons knowing HE legally has no case but to use underhand method.

Let those who are not guilty cast the first stone.. so it was written.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
talk so much still also means you got no money to pay. starting to be like division1 throwing smoke screen.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
I strongly supports such actions! At least prove the boss is legally liable or not once and for all! rather than seek vengeance through gangsterism!

Obviously the creditor had weight his pros and cons knowing HE legally has no case but to use underhand method.

Let those who are not guilty cast the first stone.. so it was written.

Neither shall you steal....

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
one of the bro be kind to him, just create a new nick to tell him that there is no need for him to pay the money. prehaps it will make him feels better and sleep sounder at night.

Sorry, No need to do that. AS THE LAW ALREADY STATED NO NEED TO PAY unless fraud is committed or director stood personally as the guarantor for the transaction.

Needless to say, your incompetence is understandably vividly displayed. Well just go on sit tight and neat in your class95 and throw pop corns, jeers at the movie screen being played before you. A bunch of monkeys see monkeys do, always fighting over peanut and congregating only for bananas.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sad to say, society at large are merciless towards failures.

Anyway, a good point is why the creditors don't seek court action to leave the corporate veil? THey have absolutely no case. Why? Business truly goes Kapo! NO fraud whateversoever was committed. SOme of you speak as if the money is yours. *sigh*

Duh~ Class95 rules supreme. NO wonder we will always be ruled and not rule.

If the creditors can prove fraud is committed then go ahead with legal recourse. Instead they uses punitive gangster with the objective to seek and destroy in entirety. Come on! THis is business! They took the risk to give others credit which no one force them to so if buyers default, they are at risk! Why must we guarantees the survival of suppliers while watching those SMEs suffers and die at their mercy using gangsters for a few "bucks"? If they are so LEGALLY right, go find a lawyer.

Let's just hope none of your Class95-ers end up here, but then again, you will never get a chance! NOt a chance with such loser mentality.

You are really good at presenting one side of the story. But the fact is that your friend (or you) ran a company that owed people money and the company doesn't want to pay. The creditors can't start a lawsuit (let alone one to go to your friend/you personally) because they'll be out of pocket for more than $1,000. So your friend/you sit pretty. That is where the debt collectors come in. They'll ask your wife/mother-in-law/son/daughter/sibling to ask you to make your company pay them. Why shouldn't they be allowed to do that?

You don't even know the difference between owN and owE and want to call other people losers.

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
talk so much still also means you got no money to pay. starting to be like division1 throwing smoke screen.

Hello, if I am the said person, then I shall admit it since I am already anonymous why pull another screen over my ident? Oh I forgot, only losers can think of such tricks. Maybe your real ident is the loser debt collector who is not educated and got nothing better to do than to work as a debt collector resorting to unprofessional methods for debt recovery but I must say, you are probably the MOST educated among these group of debt collectors as most utter in hockien slang styled "england"

I admit I am a working class. I admire my friend for his bravery to venture out which I admit I dare not but I shall support him whenever I can. I saw him staying behind late in office to clear outstanding etc to cut down cost so workers get paid promptly. You may not believe it but I personally saw tears in some of his workers who had followed him for years after giving them their last pay.

Maybe your mother was one of them, or friends, if I were them I would be so embarrassed to be associated with you.

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok Own and OWe ,, my mistake.

Other than that, if you are the said debt collector be very prepared to face lawsuit! As harassing friends, ex employees, family members ARE against the law. Even harassing the said director is illegal as the business stops at the office and not beyond.

I am not asking you to say not paying creditor is morally right or wrong. It is LEGALLY right not to pay creditors, as long as not a personal loan.

BTW, even debt collectors are in the grey area currently, for as long as they do not break the law directly, they may avoid criminal charges in technicality but not entirely.

Many of the ex workers promises to come back and work for the firm should my friend make a come back. Guess he is nursing his lost for now. I told him to take a holiday somewhere. This alone speaks volume of his "morality".

Debt collectors cum class95 please go fly your layang elsewhere. There is so many thread in this forum, certainly you can find one that stimulates your little willy than to take me a "loser" in your sight seriously?

Go put your BRAIN into good use before it lasts.. ... .

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok Own and OWe ,, my mistake.

Other than that, if you are the said debt collector be very prepared to face lawsuit! As harassing friends, ex employees, family members ARE against the law. Even harassing the said director is illegal as the business stops at the office and not beyond.

I am not asking you to say not paying creditor is morally right or wrong. It is LEGALLY right not to pay creditors, as long as not a personal loan.

BTW, even debt collectors are in the grey area currently, for as long as they do not break the law directly, they may avoid criminal charges in technicality but not entirely.

Many of the ex workers promises to come back and work for the firm should my friend make a come back. Guess he is nursing his lost for now. I told him to take a holiday somewhere. This alone speaks volume of his "morality".

Debt collectors cum class95 please go fly your layang elsewhere. There is so many thread in this forum, certainly you can find one that stimulates your little willy than to take me a "loser" in your sight seriously?

Go put your BRAIN into good use before it lasts.. ... .

Can go holiday but cannot pay 1K?

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are really good at presenting one side of the story. But the fact is that your friend (or you) ran a company that owed people money and the company doesn't want to pay.

You don't even know the difference between owN and owE and want to call other people losers.

"clap* *clap* *clap* well said !

These people very chow kuan.... i wun lift a finger to help if they kenna wallop nor pity them.... sibey chow kuan :(

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
of course! HE shld take a break! take that $1K! anyway he had gave that company so much business over the years. No thank you never mind over $1K recover until vomit blood! other firms $20K $30 and :X.

Chow Kuan? of cos Chow Kuan, what for pay? Pay to feed ungrateful class95-ers like you? Take money feed dogs also better at least they will wag their tail back at you.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sad to say, society at large are merciless towards failures.

Anyway, a good point is why the creditors don't seek court action to leave the corporate veil? THey have absolutely no case. Why? Business truly goes Kapo! NO fraud whateversoever was committed.

If the creditors can prove fraud is committed then go ahead with legal recourse. Instead they uses punitive gangster with the objective to seek and destroy in entirety. Come on! THis is business! They took the risk to give others credit which no one force them to so if buyers default, they are at risk! Why must we guarantees the survival of suppliers while watching those SMEs suffers and die at their mercy using gangsters for a few "bucks"? If they are so LEGALLY right, go find a lawyer.

Singapore Debt Collector

<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/BkS5Qtw3lHQ&hl=en&fs=1 width=425 height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen="true">

Are debt collectors like these people, gangsters or thugs to you?? Well, if they are then they certainly got themselves well organised, they are licensed. Anyway, a debt is a debt. Like it or not, it has to be settled. Your friend may think he's smart at legal loopholes, so are creditors and these people.

Unable to settle a debt is one thing while refusing to, is quite another. Reading in between lines, you seem to be arguing on the facts that your friend has no legal obligations based on principles of limited liabilities, thus need not settle. While this may be true but a loophole he cant deny the fact that he's the sole proprietor of a company and that company has a debt, it has to be settled one way or another. He can run but he cant hide.

So long as what they do are not tantamount to harassment or constitute a felony, these debt collectors will always be around and will always be knocking at his doors, nevermind the office or his home, like it or not. He should look up the creditors and negotiate a settlement, if not at the least a delay and to call off the debt collectors. A $1k debt is just too costly to seek legal recourse, even if arbitrators were to rule in his favour.

</EMBED>

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore Debt Collector

Are debt collectors like these people, gangsters or thugs to you?? Well, if they are then they certainly got themselves well organised, they are licensed. Anyway, a debt is a debt. Like it or not, it has to be settled. Your friend may think he's smart at legal loopholes, so are creditors and these people.

Unable to settle a debt is one thing while refusing to, is quite another. Reading in between lines, you seem to be arguing on the facts that your friend has no legal obligations based on principles of limited liabilities, thus need not settle. While this may be true but a loophole he cant deny the fact that he's the sole proprietor of a company and that company has a debt, it has to be settled one way or another. He can run but he cant hide.

So long as what they do are not tantamount to harassment or constitute a felony, these debt collectors will always be around and will always be knocking at his doors, nevermind the office or his home, like it or not. He should look up the creditors and negotiate a settlement, if not at the least a delay and to call off the debt collectors. A $1k debt is just too costly to seek legal recourse, even if arbitrators were to rule in his favour.

</EMBED>

Hi! This is totally unrelated but can you not put an avatar with a smoking kid on it? I think it's terrible. :rolleyes:

Powerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
all workers salary paid UP TO DATE. only own suppliers in fact some over 10K but only this stupid company 1K plus get debt collection company. Plus those collectors are HOCKIEN GANGSTER albeit "wear tie"

The way some of you make it out is like a company out to con. but all biz are subjected to risk so failure is one of them. If director are liable what for Pte Ltd? And director did not guarantee or sign any form of loan.

Any legal help?

It is not your friend but the company that is liable because it is a private limited company and is a seperate legal entity. Unless your friend signed a guarantee to be liable for all debts of the company, there is nothing that the debt collection company can do. If they keep going to your friend's house, he could just call the police.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal

The law according to you? There is a set of acts which are illegal. As long as the debt collector doesn't commit those acts he is safe. And with people behaving like you, I hope the debt collector goes all the way.

"Harassment" and "embarassment" are two different things.

"Subok owEs (or your prefer owN) me money" <--- Harassment.

"Subok is a director of a company which owNs me money" <--- not harassment even if Subok wants to put the money owNed way out of his head.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not your friend but the company that is liable because it is a private limited company and is a seperate legal entity. Unless your friend signed a guarantee to be liable for all debts of the company, there is nothing that the debt collection company can do. If they keep going to your friend's house, he could just call the police.

Call the police and do what? How does a creditor collect from a company? By going to the company's directors. Subok or his friend can be guilty of not performing his duties as a director (read Richard Yong) if he refuses to attend to the query. He is entitled to answer "Comapny has no money" but the law doesn't prevent the debt collectors from asking one week later since the company might have money one week later.

The debt collectors are LEGALLY required to stop only after the company is made bankrupt. But that will cost Subok (sorry his friend) $25k.

I hope the debt collectors go and ask Subok's (sorry his friend's) mother-in-law to encourage Subok (sorry his friend) to make the comapny pay.