• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

H Shaw pg

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No problem, being in jail is a good addition to the CV of most showbiz people .

Shaw_Brothers_Logo.jpg

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No lah..sentencing is july 31..let him go enjoy bak chang with shaw family..first...
... wud be very surprised if less than 9 weeks..prob 9 weeks like the principal
i say confirm would be less but not much less. elite got privilege but still must wayang.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is it in penthouse jail suite for 1 day, then remaining sentence with GPS ankle bracelet studded in gold made by Vertu, going about his business?
Since you brought this up its possible you know? CK Tang's son also kena 1 day jail.......WW escaped with 1k fine.....Howard Shaw is no less elite than the 2.....

I still remembered how during his NS in tekong the entire shaw clan sailed in on their yacht for parents visiting day.
Owning a big yacht is besides the point........the big deal is his papa got the clearance to sail the family yacht in while other parents regardless rich or poor ship in on the LSTs.

Jumong

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: Howard Shaw has pleaded guilty to having paid sex with an underage girl.

The former Singapore Environment Council executive director was among 48 men who were earlier charged with paid sex with the 17 year old.

Shaw's lawyers had sought and obtained a hearing on Wednesday to address issues with the court regarding Shaw's charge.

His lawyer, Mr Harpreet Singh, argued that Shaw had made an "honest and reasonable mistake".

He said that there was "no pre-meditation nor intention" as the offence was committed "unwittingly".

Mr Singh called for a non-custodial sentence as Shaw's case "falls at, or very near, the lowest end of the culpability spectrum".

Dressed in a suit, Shaw showed no emotion throughout the 45-minute hearing.

He will be back in court on 30 July.

- CNA/ck

Jumong

Alfrescian
Loyal
His lawyer, Mr Harpreet Singh, argued that Shaw had made an "honest and reasonable mistake".

He said that there was "no pre-meditation nor intention" as the offence was committed "unwittingly".

A typical "mitigation plea template" borrowed from a Chinatown law firm.

I'm beginning to think that Subhas is more value for money compared to this so-called "one of the best legal minds."

jw5

Loyal
When Howard Shaw's wife was asked for comment by the press previously, she said that she felt very sad.
Thought that was a good response, she simply said what she felt and did not even elaborate whether she was sad because her husband had sex with an underaged prostitute or because he was being charged.

On the other hand, when Ng Boon Gay's wife was asked for comment by the press, she said that she never doubted his professional integrity.
Obviously trying to influence public opinion, she should have realised that her very presence showed she was supporting him, no need for any additional comment.
If she tries to make any further comment, someone from the press should ask her whether she doubted his sexual integrity, whether the sexual encounters took place, or if it was not to further the supplier's interest, did the sex take place because NBG and Cecilia Sue loved each other.

It's for the 2 couples to sort it out if there was no corruption, and probably none of the public's business, but she should really refrain from further comments to try and influence the public.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Doctor langar cyclist to death get 4 weeks, H. Shaw provide enjoyment to the young
gal will get less than 4 weeks, probably 2 weeks than he behave himself = good behavior =
1 week! minus Sat + Sunday = 5days! hooray!

H. Shaw is good man I respect him very much!!

Jumong

Alfrescian
Loyal
If she tries to make any further comment, someone from the press should ask her whether she doubted his sexual integrity, whether the sexual encounters took place, or if it was not to further the supplier's interest, did the sex take place because NBG and Cecilia Sue loved each other.

What is sexual integrity ?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I still remembered how during his NS in tekong the entire shaw clan sailed in on their yacht for parents visiting day.
Owning a big yacht is besides the point........the big deal is his papa got the clearance to sail the family yacht in while other parents regardless rich or poor ship in on the LSTs.

er...uncle, i dun think LSTs were used, more likely the RPLs that were also use by the recruits when they book in/book out. my mum took a baking hot RPL that dun have any shade or seat when she came to visit me during parent visiting day. Only in 98 that SAF change to the aircon ferry.