• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Guess who I am !!!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
My father is a long standing PAP member.
My boss is the wife of a PAP MP
My husband's boss is also a PAP Member
And I am trying to be a PAP MP

I have never done or achieved anything on merit. I found my job via the PAP. My husband via the PAP.

If I am elected an MP I will again ask the PAP to help me help my constituents.

I am young, ambitious and got to say naive. I also have no shame and no dignity. I am told that Singapore makes you like that. You must have connections. In the old days, if you are young and reasonably attractive and you want to have good life, you have little choice but marry men older than you.

I guess I am now the new generation still using the old formula - connections and marrying a someone older but well connected.

I am however disappointed with the Singapore Press Holdings. They are not proud of me. They refused to print that my boss is Dilys Boey who is married to Hri Kumar Nair. The PAP MP who is a lawyer who was so shy to carry his surname of Nair after the alcoholic ex-president. I am not shy and I am ambitious.

You think it is easy to snare a PPS of the PM. Well this baby did it. Just on that alone you got admire me. At age 27, I got the PAP MP to get his wife to hire me. I got the PM 's PPS to marry me. I bet none of you can match me. In a few months time, I will be an MP.

You are Singaporeans must be the dumbest bunch ever. Imagine I have not achieved anything in life worth mentioning and yet I got the PAP to make me an MP. Watch me make a whole bunch and dumb Singaporeans vote me in.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It has a 'ting, ting, ting' sound....ha ha ha, it is called 'marriedtocracy', guanxi fai cai....and the people here allow this to perpectuate.:rolleyes:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Usually people who have to survive on connections tend to keep a low profile. Most people are not so thick skinned as this person. She has never earned anything on merit.

Watch this circus show as things start to hang out. Note nobody from her year has come to her defence except the usual PAP MPs.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2 month down the road, people will be out of steam and vote for her when the election come. pap purposely intro her early early to let everyone shoot her until u r out of steam. then will still vote for her, bcos she is pap. so guys dun fuck fuck fuck and still vote for her in 2 mth time. :oIo:

anyway, welcome back scroobal! long time no see.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gee scroobal. I thought you were already keeping MSK company in Whitley Country Club. Was expecting your immediate take on this smart but dumb cunt. So what do you think about my idea of abstaining from the GE? Kinda like the Mahatma Gandhi's civil disobedience rap......:biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gee scroobal. I thought you were already keeping MSK company in Whitley Country Club. Was expecting your immediate take on this smart but dumb cunt. So what do you think about my idea of abstaining from the GE? Kinda like the Mahatma Gandhi's civil disobedience rap......:biggrin:

Mahatma Gandhi, wears a loin cloth ( dhoti lah!), goes around with out shoes, fast, & abstain from sex...are you in that league?, you willing to make that kind of sacrifice?:rolleyes:

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mahatma Gandhi, wears a loin cloth ( dhoti lah!), goes around with out shoes, fast, & abstain from sex...are you in that league?, you willing to make that kind of sacrifice?:rolleyes:

Please lah, you don't have to go the full monty in order to get the message across........:rolleyes:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please lah, you don't have to go the full monty in order to get the message across........:rolleyes:

Not that...the question is, are you willing to make that sacrifice?, of course, now it is not fashionable to walk around like that....today's fashion of Jeans or pants with torn holes, extremely faded or washed will make people think you are a making a fashion statement, rather than making a point or pushing what you belief in or improving other lives....are you willing to make that sacrifice?:o

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not that...the question is, are you willing to make that sacrifice?, of course, now it is not fashionable to walk around like that....today's fashion of Jeans or pants with torn holes, extremely faded or washed will make people think you are a making a fashion statement, rather than making a point or pushing what you belief in or improving other lives....are you willing to make that sacrifice?:o

King ah, King...I just ask for voting abstention as a prelude to presenting a real challenge to the PAP in the future. You just can't have it both ways at the same time. Be realistic! And asking me to abstain from sex? Want me to die issit?:eek:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I am however disappointed with the Singapore Press Holdings. They are not proud of me. They refused to print that my boss is Dilys Boey who is married to Hri Kumar Nair.

This Hri Kumar character must be one hellava nice guy. Just look at the number of sinkies beaming from ear to ear after a visit from the man himself!

Even mega pop stars don't get this sort of reception.

Monday, March 28, 2011

House Visit @ Blk 97B Lakeview Estate

Posted by Hri Kumar at <a class="timestamp-link" href="http://hri-kumar.blogspot.com/2011/03/house-visit-blk-97b-lakeview-estate.html" rel="bookmark" title="permanent link"><abbr class="published" title="2011-03-28T04:36:00+08:00">4:36:00 AM</abbr> 0 comments

Sunday, March 20, 2011

House Visit @ Blks 301 & 302 Shunfu

Posted by Hri Kumar at <a class="timestamp-link" href="http://hri-kumar.blogspot.com/2011/03/house-visit-blks-301-302-shunfu.html" rel="bookmark" title="permanent link"><abbr class="published" title="2011-03-20T00:31:00+08:00">12:31:00 AM</abbr> 0 comments

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Tiger in the Room

I found interesting the strong reaction against Amy Chua's "Tiger Mum". Ms Chua is entitled to be strict with her kids, and bring them up in any manner she deems in their best interests. There are many other parents who are equally, if not more, strict. So why the reaction? Was it her assertion that her methods were superior? That still does not explain the ferocity of the response. Just because she claims superiority does not mean it is true. We can simply disagree, raise our children the "western" way and tell ourselves that they will be the better for it. But there lies the problem. We can disagree, but what if she is right? After all, her children have done well. The truth is many of us would prefer not to be "Tiger Mums" for different reasons. We do not like their methods, it is difficult, requires a lot of discipline, creates unwanted tensions with our children, etc. So it is easier to dismiss Ms Chua's arguments as flawed.

But there is another problem. It is undeniable that the amount of time a child devotes to school work has some effect on his grades, particularly in the earlier years. So while we may not want to be a "Tiger Mum", our child is competing against the child of someone who is. So no one likes a "Tiger Mum" because, in local parlance, she "spoils the market". We would prefer a level playing field, for all children to be educated the same way, so that their "true" abilities will determine their success. That may explain why some speak out against those who are prepared to queue overnight to get their children into elite kindergartens. They want places to be balloted, so that everyone has an equal chance and no one has to make a special effort. But we know that is unrealistic. People will always seek to gain an advantage, whether in education, business, finances or even romance. We send our kids for phonics and abacus classes when they are 3 or 4 because we think it will give them a head start in language and math. We send our children to tuition classes, not because they cannot cope in school, but because coping is not good enough. We want them to ace exams, and more importantly, do better than others.

Deep down, we fear and dislike the "Tiger Mum" because for all we are doing to help our kids excel, there is someone out there willing to go further then we are prepared to.

Posted by Hri Kumar at <a class="timestamp-link" href="http://hri-kumar.blogspot.com/2011/01/dragon-in-room.html" rel="bookmark" title="permanent link"><abbr class="published" title="2011-01-26T23:18:00+08:00">11:18:00 PM</abbr> 1 comments

Monday, January 24, 2011

House Visit Fulton Estate

Posted by Hri Kumar at <a class="timestamp-link" href="http://hri-kumar.blogspot.com/2011/01/house-visit-fulton-estate.html" rel="bookmark" title="permanent link"><abbr class="published" title="2011-01-24T19:38:00+08:00">7:38:00 PM</abbr> 0 comments

Friday, January 14, 2011

House Visit Blk 118 Toa Payoh View

Posted by Hri Kumar at <a class="timestamp-link" href="http://hri-kumar.blogspot.com/2011/01/house-visit-blk-118-toa-payoh-view.html" rel="bookmark" title="permanent link"><abbr class="published" title="2011-01-14T15:28:00+08:00">3:28:00 PM</abbr> 0 comments

Thursday, December 16, 2010

House Visit Blks 305 and 306 Shunfu

Posted by Hri Kumar at <a class="timestamp-link" href="http://hri-kumar.blogspot.com/2010/12/house-visit-blks-305-and-306-shunfu.html" rel="bookmark" title="permanent link"><abbr class="published" title="2010-12-16T13:55:00+08:00">1:55:00 PM</abbr> 0 comments

Posted by Hri Kumar at <a class="timestamp-link" href="http://hri-kumar.blogspot.com/2010/10/house-visit-blk-10h-braddell-view.html" rel="bookmark" title="permanent link"><abbr class="published" title="2010-10-31T08:13:00+08:00">8:13:00 AM</abbr> 0 comments

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Posted by Hri Kumar at <a class="timestamp-link" href="http://hri-kumar.blogspot.com/2010/12/house-visit-blk-441-sin-ming-avenue.html" rel="bookmark" title="permanent link"><abbr class="published" title="2010-12-03T10:01:00+08:00">10:01:00 AM</abbr> 1 comments

Monday, November 22, 2010

House Visit @ Blk 144 Toa Payoh

Posted by Hri Kumar at <a class="timestamp-link" href="http://hri-kumar.blogspot.com/2010/11/house-visit-blk-144-toa-payoh.html" rel="bookmark" title="permanent link"><abbr class="published" title="2010-11-22T13:28:00+08:00">1:28:00 PM</abbr> 0 comments

Thursday, November 4, 2010

House Visit - Blk 405 Sin Ming Garden

Posted by Hri Kumar at <a class="timestamp-link" href="http://hri-kumar.blogspot.com/2010/11/house-visit-blk-405-sin-ming-garden.html" rel="bookmark" title="permanent link"><abbr class="published" title="2010-11-04T13:25:00+08:00">1:25:00 PM</abbr> 0 comments

Sunday, October 31, 2010

House Visit - Blk 10H Braddell View

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
She knows she can get away with it because she is a young and pretty woman in this gender-biased nation that discriminates against men and bends it back over for women.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A sign of time.

Is this the new norm for Singapore - when connected people are coming out into the open to return favour to their backers.

With a group representative system & passive voters, there is always room to slip in a Tin or two. Just surprised that PAP set the selection bar so slow.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
She knows she can get away with it because she is a young and pretty woman in this gender-biased nation that discriminates against men and bends it back over for women.

wait a minute, the word "pretty" doesn't come to my mind even if that is the last thing on earth when you are referring to her. Seriously, You got to have your eyes checked.

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
wait a minute, the word "pretty" doesn't come to my mind even if that is the last thing on earth when you are referring to her. Seriously, You got to have your eyes checked.
I don't find her pretty but most do.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
House Visit @ Blk 144 Toa Payoh

1.jpg
haha boss your favourite V sign again.:biggrin:

I don't find her pretty but most do.
ok i also dun find her pretty.:biggrin: