• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gruesome accident at Tampines St 45 T JUNCTION - RIP

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Omi Buay Tau Hu

When a small deer was killed by a taxi driver, I felt the sense of regret that a beautiful and rare like that can be a victim of a reckless driving at night. Cars have become common tools for manslaughter. :confused:

Omi buay tau ho. Have mercy.

You are a lover of all forms of lives. Good. It speaks about your true inner feelings. I am sure you must be a very kind person. Keep it up.....

Under the Firearms Offences Act, Penal Code and what not many weapons are listed as dangerous weapons. The list can be long.

However, all accidents are investigated under the Road Traffic Act (RTA), unless if the offence can be classified as Causing Death By Rash and Negligent act, then it falls under the Penal Code.

Shall we want to revamp the RTA and make motorised vehicles on the roads as Dangerous Weapons or "Weapons of Mass Destruction"?

Are we Not asking for too much???

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Govt Give Out Free Licenses To Kill

Companies are giving out licenses quickly when transport and construction companies pressed the govt to kowtow to their needs. Siao liao, free licenses to kill anyone on our roads. It's the beginning of the hunting season. :eek::mad:

Many foreign drivers hail from countries where "driving licences are sold to the highest bidder".

Locally we call it "kopi-licence". It"s very common in India and many other ASEAN countries. It may be the same in Tiongkok!

Local people in Singapore finds it extremely difficult to get a driving licence.

Foreigners can revert theirs here anytime. What a sick joke.............

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The person who drives need to carry the heavy responsibility that he/she operates the vehicle with utmost care. Until those who are responsible for killing someone else on the road are made to pay with their lives, drivers won't learn. Why should a drunk driver who kills someone on the road should be spared the death penalty? He chose to drink and drive and knew that he could hurt others on the road. If he knows that if he kills someone on the road as a result, he would lose his life, would he think twice? I think he will.

Green Light

Alfrescian
Loyal
735162_464355436953803_1407122603_n.png

:oIo::oIo::oIo::mad:

恐天下不乱,制造谣言,社会不安,误国误民。Do spare a thought for the bereaved family.

Ag Min Tan Chuan-Jin : "This is so tragic and sad. They were brothers. I understand that various stories and tweets are being circulated online. I Understand from Swee Keat that Yam Keng was with the mum and understandably, the family is extremely distraught. We'd support them as best as we can.

Please do spare a thought for them. I know that we are in the new media age but where we can, let's exercise sensitivity and respect for families who are distressed. And for the driver too until facts are ascertained "

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They were brothers?!!!!.... I feel for the family. Really really tragic. This family will never be the same again. So sad. :(

PhilOakey

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cement truck kills 2 boys at Tampines traffic junction

By Kimberly Spykerman | Posted: 28 January 2013 2142 hrs

display_image.php

Police at the scene of the accident at Tampines Street 45. (Photo: Kimberly Spykerman)

SINGAPORE: Two brothers died after they were hit by a cement truck near Dunman Secondary School, at Tampines Street 45.

The 56-year-old Singaporean driver has been arrested for causing death by rash act.

At around 6pm on Monday, the Singapore Civil Defence Force received a call for help.

But when paramedics arrived at the scene, both boys, aged seven and 13, were pronounced dead.

A MediaCorp hotline caller said that the incident happened only 50 metres from the school gates, and that he saw a smashed bicycle lying near the boys.

Speaking in Mandarin, he said it was an awful sight and very upsetting.

Some residents who live in the area say that the area where the incident happened sees a lot of traffic, and can be dangerous.

Mr Zoe Jaffar, who has lived in the area for 16 years said: "The traffic lights change quite fast, sometimes drivers tend to speed up to beat the traffic lights."

Another resident in the area, teenager Tan Khai Feng added that people sometimes also cross the road even though the traffic lights have not indicated that it is safe for them to do so.

Resident Lim Heng Chew said: "This is a hotspot for traffic accidents... (another boy) recently got knocked down by a taxi - the boy is my son's classmate."

He added that just a few months back, a Malay lady was also knocked down at the junction, and is worried because he has two school-going children.

- CNA/xq

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shoei Helmets Are Really Good

my cousin went the same way along the NS highway near Yong Peng, crash helmet also cannot withstand the pressure.

masei_310_pink_purple_helmet_31.jpg

Once, I wrote something about a young girl who wore a beautiful, pink Shoei (made in Japan) helmet which saved her life. A light truck mounted over her protected head suffering with only scratches or abrasion injury.

Shoei is a good armour against heavy vehicles. It is expensive but effective.

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
As a parent, it's horrendous news like this that will make you hug your children a little tighter.

I feel so sorry for the parents, I have already said a prayer for those 2 little ones that they may have an eternity of happiness.

RIP, my little angels.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some residents who live in the area say that the area where the incident happened sees a lot of traffic, and can be dangerous.

Mr Zoe Jaffar, who has lived in the area for 16 years said: "The traffic lights change quite fast, sometimes drivers tend to speed up to beat the traffic lights."

Another resident in the area, teenager Tan Khai Feng added that people sometimes also cross the road even though the traffic lights have not indicated that it is safe for them to do so.

Resident Lim Heng Chew said: "This is a hotspot for traffic accidents... (another boy) recently got knocked down by a taxi - the boy is my son's classmate."

He added that just a few months back, a Malay lady was also knocked down at the junction, and is worried because he has two school-going children.

- CNA/xq

[/COLOR]

What the fuck is the LTA doing? What the fuck is MP of Tampines doing? All sleeping on the job? Why everytime must wait for tragic accident to happen then start making corrective changes and not preventive changes????

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP Never Learn Anything From This

At around 6pm on Monday, the Singapore Civil Defence Force received a call for help.

A MediaCorp hotline caller said that the incident happened only 50 metres from the school gates

A Tampines road junction was reported to have a very long crossing distance plus fast changing lights. But, I guess nothing has changed when "Frontline" (Ch 8) made a report on the issue.

PAP is just too lazy or can't be bothered to do much to make our life easier and safer. I guess, the co-driver was also asleep and forgot to slap the drunk driver.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Back in the 50's, 60s and even up to late 70s, in the days of kampongs, if there was an accident, the driver would be caught and bashed up by the villagers, irregardless of who the victim or his or her race was.

The police criminalised such an act as road rage.

In those days, accidents were rare as the fear of being assaulted (street justice) was there.

Today, there is no such fear and if there is a case of a reckless driver being bashed up, the chances are that his assailants will be jailed.

Thanks to Banker-turned Chief Justice Yon Pung How.....

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Extremely disturbing news. 2 young lives snuffed out like that. The parents' lives are going to be shattered totally. Just don't understand why drivers esp. of big vehicles cannot exercise that extra bit of care. RIP.
Very simple, because the penalty is too light. Recent case of drunk driver killing an old man only fined $7500 without jail or revoke of license. Sinkie lives cheaper than minister's one day salary.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
What the fuck is the LTA doing? What the fuck is MP of Tampines doing? All sleeping on the job? Why everytime must wait for tragic accident to happen then start making corrective changes and not preventive changes????
LHL already said, pap got no foresight.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: PAP Never Learn Anything From This

A Tampines road junction was reported to have a very long crossing distance plus fast changing lights. But, I guess nothing has changed when "Frontline" (Ch 8) made a report on the issue.

PAP is just too lazy or can't be bothered to do much to make our life easier and safer. I guess, the co-driver was also asleep and forgot to slap the drunk driver.

Very well said.

LTK and WP, you all better wake up and see the reality before things become bad.

If anyone gives your party suggestion, please have people on hand to answer to the emails and act quickly before you too become a target of blame.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal

The person who drives need to carry the heavy responsibility that he/she operates the vehicle with utmost care. Until those who are responsible for killing someone else on the road are made to pay with their lives, drivers won't learn. Why should a drunk driver who kills someone on the road should be spared the death penalty? He chose to drink and drive and knew that he could hurt others on the road. If he knows that if he kills someone on the road as a result, he would lose his life, would he think twice? I think he will.
Minimum should be charged on manslaughter. But pap only protects the rich, hence lighter sentence for vehicle drivers.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
should install devices to have the engine cut at certain speed for these monstrous vehicles. ensure they only go at 50 km/h

A good suggestion. The Police should look it.

But there is a problem. The foreign drivers are here to be paid for trips covered.

If those gadgets are fitted, the money earned by these foreigners will lessen and they will all go home.

These will lead to unhappiness for those at the coffers for the Levy payments will cease.

Surely the PAP will not want to annihilate the goose that laid the golden egg.