• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

good grief! 27 banga terrorists arrested in s'pore

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The timing between arrest repatriation and public announcement announcement is curious. What is the protocol for foreign terrorists arrested in Singapore? Not that I am arguing for them to be kept here at the taxpayers leisure but it seems abit too chop chop.

You are exactly right. And you have just touched on the tip of the iceberg. This whole episode stinks to the high heavens.

1) The timing as you mention is very suspicious. Obviously, these Banglas have been put under surveillance by the govt for a while, as they seem to know a lot about them and they need to build a case anyway. But they waited until after the GE to arrest them. And then after they arrested them, they did not announce it. Instead they spend the time arranging a back door deal with the Bangla govt to repatriate them. Then announce the whole thing as a fait accompli. That is bullshit. It should have been revealed right away.

2) WHy are criminals being repatriated? I don;t understand why you would use the ISA, which has indefinite detention powers as its most potent asset. And then simply repatriate the banglas back to their country? Why aren't they tried in singapore and convicted and jailed here. Or detained here under ISA like Mas Selamat? They brole the law in singapore, not in bangladesh. If they can detain Mas Selamat and stick him in a jail, why aren't they doing the same to these 27 guys? ITs really inconsistent treatment. And it shows a double standard for FT and locals in the justice system.

3) Due to the ease with which the PAP lets in FTs, it seems that this attracts many groups of people who want to plot against their govt, using the safety and distance of another sucker country like singapore. Its for sure that some of these militants from Bangladesh did not become radicalised in Singapore. They were already like that when they came here. Its easier to plot attacks and recruit candidates when you are far away from the security forces of your own country, and you are able to do that in peace in a place like singapore. That begs to ask what other militant groups, maybe from Indonesia, or the Phillippines are also using singapore as sanctuary to plot their attacks?

4) It seems that this group used a local mosque as a meeting point to talk about their plans. So someone at the mosque must have allowed them to book the room, and know that they are there. What can be done at the mosque level to make sure other groups like them do not have a venue for their plotting?

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Without Banglas we wouldn't have a roof over our heads to protect us from the rain. We should show more gratitude to Ah Nehs and Banglas!

Give them a coke!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
On the contrary we are helping the world by reducing the number of Ah Nehs on this earth.

If we really wanted to do that, then the SPF should have started machine gunning all the LI rioters until not one is standing.

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
The other timed coincidence is the no holds let's be frank speech by Shan followed by this revelation. Previously when they detained radicals the announcement was calibrated in a similar fashion - I sense that the attacks in Jakarta probably triggered this one - probably some mandarin found the mileage to be gained opportune and proposed it - there is lots of ignorance about the machinations of government bodies and who really pushes agendas or moulds it - I find the fact that because the press release stated that they were not planning attacks here and as we know how journals from the ST copy verbatim not very comforting at all - so now we have a population that is made aware that due to the vigilance of the state attacks on other potential targets had been averted - the little red is a hero again for disaster averted but I am not so gullible to believe that is the only strand of this story - however I really do believe that there is a great threat brewing and that is what they are keeping their eyes on....the number of people travelling to and from Acheh are also closely monitored and have been for a while - some local folks who suddenly have arabised themselves and don white robes and identify themselves as Salafist are easy enough to spot and monitor - there has also been a growing trend of those who defend Wahhabism and the anti-Shia rhetoric is quite loud on social media from our locals and neighbours - and the reemergence of Zulfikar Shariff on social media is also very suspicious....now if a casual observer can spot these trends I would like to believe our intelligence agencies are well ahead of us.....oh and I am sure there are more hantus in our mosques and in mosques where FTs gather than people know - same as in the churches, temples, etc. - it's a small enough place to manage....

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Without Banglas we wouldn't have a roof over our heads to protect us from the rain. We should show more gratitude to Ah Nehs and Banglas!

Give them a coke!

fuck off there are tiong/viet/SEA construction workers too do we need to feel grateful to them?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The other timed coincidence is the no holds let's be frank speech by Shan followed by this revelation. Previously when they detained radicals the announcement was calibrated in a similar fashion - I sense that the attacks in Jakarta probably triggered this one - probably some mandarin found the mileage to be gained opportune and proposed it - there is lots of ignorance about the machinations of government bodies and who really pushes agendas or moulds it - I find the fact that because the press release stated that they were not planning attacks here and as we know how journals from the ST copy verbatim not very comforting at all - so now we have a population that is made aware that due to the vigilance of the state attacks on other potential targets had been averted - the little red is a hero again for disaster averted but I am not so gullible to believe that is the only strand of this story - however I really do believe that there is a great threat brewing and that is what they are keeping their eyes on....the number of people travelling to and from Acheh are also closely monitored and have been for a while - some local folks who suddenly have arabised themselves and don white robes and identify themselves as Salafist are easy enough to spot and monitor - there has also been a growing trend of those who defend Wahhabism and the anti-Shia rhetoric is quite loud on social media from our locals and neighbours - and the reemergence of Zulfikar Shariff on social media is also very suspicious....now if a casual observer can spot these trends I would like to believe our intelligence agencies are well ahead of us.....oh and I am sure there are more hantus in our mosques and in mosques where FTs gather than people know - same as in the churches, temples, etc. - it's a small enough place to manage....

I am sure that the sinkie security apparatus has upped its surveillance on foreign militant threats in singapore. But the fact is that they spend even more time on surveillance of their own citizens. I am sure their version of the carnivore program searches for anti PAP words as much as it searches for terrorist related words. To me, the proof is in the pudding. How seriously does the govt think there is a security threat from terrorism related activities in singapore? Serious enough that they keep appointing jiak liao bee scholar commanders to be in charge of the SPF and Home Team? Look at their weak performance during the LI riots. U expect the same kind of non professionals/politicians-in-waiting to catch and combat terrorists? Lets be serious here. Their track record has not been good. Mas Selamat escaping. Even the terrorist plotting an attack at the US Navy facility in Changi were discovered by US troops after they took a house in Afghanistan or something. Not by our own security forces. I rather hire a true anti terrorist expert, give him a sinkie citizenship and a big salary and let him run the whole show with no interference from the PAP or from their scholars. the mandarins are fucking up the whole process for singapore. But that's the word they have from the top.