• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gms 无间道

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your comprehension really got problem.

WP is going to lose votes anyway... due to Yaw-gate. Isit better for these votes to go into PAP or another opposition? So simple also cannot get it right!

Goh Meng Seng

Firstly, whether WP will lose votes or not is debatable.

Secondly, if WP is going to lose votes, how is losing to opposition better than losing to PAP? A loss will still be a loss. What fucking difference will that make? Any other way of looking at a loss is purely academic, at best an intellectual masturbation. You and your twisted logic about politics being bigger than winning/losing is really annoying.

Aren't we talking about partisan politics here? The purpose of a electoral contest is to win. If you just want to "politick", then join some think tanks, civil societies, etc. Please have some clarity on your own political agenda. You're one confused man, 亏你还过了不惑之年.

Go Lantau Island and repent before Buddha.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you put one NS in Hougang WP can win back the trust of the borderline cases.

Frankly, the political popularity of Nicole is overhyped. It's just because she's pitted against TPL. That's my advice to my niece. Don't count on it.

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
Secondly, if WP is going to lose votes, how is losing to opposition better than losing to PAP? A loss will still be a loss. What fucking difference will that make? Any other way of looking at a loss is purely academic, at best an intellectual masturbation. You and your twisted logic about politics being bigger than winning/losing is really annoying.

If the votes they are going to lose are going to the PAPies and that swing is going to surpass WP's percentage, then there will be a difference. Of course, if WP can have a hardcore support of 50% and above, then no need to worry where the lost votes are going to.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Goh Meng Seng makes Worker's Party look really good. Perception is always "relative".
Goh Meng Seng showed Singapore what a jealous political freak can become, and LTK shows how a respectable leader react to mad people, ie. ignore them. By now, based on the popularity poll on his own facebook, Goh Meng Seng finally woke up to the fact that his supporters can be counted with your fingers or at most add your toes. Goh Meng Seng now realizes there is no way he can have any impact on making Workers' Party lose Hougang.

Suddenly Goh Meng Seng became smart. He spin a new story to cover the impact of his own stupidity ie. Workers' Party's votes would have dropped, it is NSP's candidate who draw the votes from PAP thus helping Workers' party to win. By spinning this story, he helps to create a justification for NSP to send a candidate.. because he is hoping that NSP will send a candidate to screw up Workers' Party in Hougang.

Even a chow ah neh cannot match his venom!!!

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly, the political popularity of Nicole is overhyped. It's just because she's pitted against TPL. That's my advice to my niece. Don't count on it.

Frankly, I wish you were in the running for Hougang BE. I think you can bite into PAP votes with your suave image and glib tongue.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Goh Meng Seng makes Worker's Party look really good. Perception is always "relative".
Goh Meng Seng showed Singapore what a jealous political freak can become, and LTK shows how a respectable leader react to mad people, ie. ignore them. By now, based on the popularity poll on his own facebook, Goh Meng Seng finally woke up to the fact that his supporters can be counted with your fingers or at most add your toes. Goh Meng Seng now realizes there is no way he can have any impact on making Workers' Party lose Hougang.

Suddenly Goh Meng Seng became smart. He spin a new story to cover the impact of his own stupidity ie. Workers' Party's votes would have dropped, it is NSP's candidate who draw the votes from PAP thus helping Workers' party to win. By spinning this story, he helps to create a justification for NSP to send a candidate.. because he is hoping that NSP will send a candidate to screw up Workers' Party in Hougang.

Even a chow ah neh cannot match his venom!!!

Agree with you. It's hilarious to hear GMS' analysis on possible scenarios and strategy. The fact of the matter is, GMS has never won in an election. Which then leads to the question: what credentials does he have to talk about what NSP would/should do, what opposition would/should do? If Jose Mourinho wants to conduct a course on how to manage football clubs, people will pay top dollars because they know the guy has done it, and many times for that matter. GMS on election and politics? WP - Quit. NSP - Quit. Now self-proclaimed neutral political commentator. What a joke! And MSM just quote him left right centre up down. Pathetic!

On a related note, it's unrealistic to expect all other opposition parties to sit back and watch a direct fight between PAP and WP. Political parties have their own agenda and there's nothing wrong in wanting to contest the BE. If WP want to win a election, they must be prepared to take on any opponents, including a multi-party fight scenario. I'm not sure whether it makes more sense for WP to do backroom horse trading with other opposition parties, or just be well prepared and fight a good battle.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Frankly, I wish you were in the running for Hougang BE. I think you can bite into PAP votes with your suave image and glib tongue.

Thanks for the compliments but sorry, I treasure my ponytail and freedom more than power and money. :wink:

But I still have sense of civic duty and will help whenever I can. :smile:

Last edited:

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS 无间道:Part I

GMS is actually an undercover agent of WP. He pretended that he had to leave WP and then infiltrated NSP, created a mess there then left (for HK somemore). Now, he is the self-proclaimed neutral political commentator. On the surface, he seems to hit out at WP at every possible angle, when the slightest opportunity surfaces. But the reality is, he constantly draws attention to himself so that all of us are distracted by him, whacked him, and we take pity on WP. GMS is now back in HK to debrief ...... (Please continue the saga of GMS)

Till now he is still helping WP!!!

jixiaolan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Till now he is still helping WP!!!

Possible. GMS, KJ, CSJ and TCB were the very first few who came out to decline any interest in the Hougang by-election. Contrary, TJS and NSP had declared their interests. By provoking NS to make a stand, Hazel and TJS will find it difficult to maneuver. Indeed, although it is only right for other opposition parties to flex their muscles for more negotiation powers but sorry Hougang by-election is the wrong place and wrong timing to commence horse trading. Having said so, WP should not be overly worry and lose sleep over the possibility of a multi-corner fight. It has no reason to since it was the CEC collective decision to remove Yaw.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Possible. GMS, KJ, CSJ and TCB were the very first few who came out to decline any interest in the Hougang by-election. Contrary, TJS and NSP had declared their interests. By provoking NS to make a stand, Hazel and TJS will find it difficult to maneuver. Indeed, although it is only right for other opposition parties to flex their muscles for more negotiation powers but sorry Hougang by-election is the wrong place and wrong timing to commence horse trading. Having said so, WP should not be overly worry and lose sleep over the possibility of a multi-corner fight. It has no reason to since it was the CEC collective decision to remove Yaw.

Since when is WP worried? When WP sacked YSL, the candidate and strategy are ready. WP is the one asking for BE and PAP is sent around the block all around the court trying to figure it out. Funny thing is, your good friend seems to the only one losing sleep over it and keep stirring over it.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GMS 无间道:Part I

GMS is actually an undercover agent of WP. He pretended that he had to leave WP and then infiltrated NSP, created a mess there then left (for HK somemore). Now, he is the self-proclaimed neutral political commentator. On the surface, he seems to hit out at WP at every possible angle, when the slightest opportunity surfaces. But the reality is, he constantly draws attention to himself so that all of us are distracted by him, whacked him, and we take pity on WP. GMS is now back in HK to debrief ...... (Please continue the saga of GMS)

Dear Frens, I have never criticise GMS but now I feel its the time. By advocating for a 3 corner fight is nothing more than supporting PAP. So for those that call him a PAP mole I cant help but agree.

Even if other Oppos contest Hougang they are going to loose and WP will win,,so to say contest or choice etc is just PAP supporting.

I believe that LTK is a very respected MP and Hougang residents like him and WP. Png will be a good MP for hougang..other oppos should just concentrate on other areas and work the ground. GMS has handled the last election poorly..and bcos of him MBT is still in Tampines..if he wants to talk big,,,he should have won Tampines...

Any way..I think GMS wont be contesting in the next election,,,if he does..he will have no support from the 40% like me..and where ever he contest it will be a gift to PAP...

GMS, you have let the opposition down badly and your screw up in 2011 GE is just as bad as CST got overthrown by Chee Soon Juan during the SDP saga.

Last edited:

jixiaolan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since when is WP worried? When WP sacked YSL, the candidate and strategy are ready. WP is the one asking for BE and PAP is sent around the block all around the court trying to figure it out. Funny thing is, your good friend seems to the only one losing sleep over it and keep stirring over it.

How I know? The last time you seen him is also probably the last time I had seen him too. Gone were the days he gave us a treat regularly, i could still remember you always pester him for belanjah at Jacks Place.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How I know? The last time you seen him is also probably the last time I had seen him too. Gone were the days he gave us a treat regularly, i could still remember you always pester him for belanjah at Jacks Place.

Then we should start a campaign to pester him more regularly. :biggrin: