• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gardens By The Bay

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They need to be voted out of parliament, one by one.

Errrr, in some cases, four by four or five by five. :smile:

yes..the GRC ploy is coming back to haunt the PAP..The pap will have problems finding heavyweight ministers to lead GRCs. The question is how many GRCs will fall to the Opposition at the next GE.

I am hoping that WP wins at least two GRCs and SDP, NSP and RP win at least one each

jw5

Loyal
yes..the GRC ploy is coming back to haunt the PAP..The pap will have problems finding heavyweight ministers to lead GRCs. The question is how many GRCs will fall to the Opposition at the next GE.

I am hoping that WP wins at least two GRCs and SDP, NSP and RP win at least one each

Yes! Hurray!

And they can all celebrate by visiting Gardens By The Bay!!!!!

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes! Hurray!

And they can all celebrate by visiting Gardens By The Bay!!!!!

GBTB will be a white elephant in the long term...and the maintenance cost will escalate from the present $1m per week....how many people will go for repeat visits when the novelty wears off..

STB is keeping quiet on the viability of the Singapore Flyer. All one has to do is to drive along ECP and look at the capsules..they are empty most of the time. I dont think the Flyer collects enough to pay for running costs let alone pay for interest of the capital investment.

Come next year when the economic slump sets in, many of these expensive attractions will struggle to keep afloat...the pap will have to pump in more money into GBTB

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
with the number of stupid, sycophantic, scared, selfish and/or self-serving sinkies still around, probably.................... :(

for the sake of SG's future, I hope the 60% prove you wrong.

I am still an optimist and I see the 40% digging in and are more determined to vote out the pap. The 60% are weakening and hopefully many of these 60% will wake up soon

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
for the sake of SG's future, I hope the 60% prove you wrong.

I am still an optimist and I see the 40% digging in and are more determined to vote out the pap. The 60% are weakening and hopefully many of these 60% will wake up soon

hi there

1. gal, sheep are still sheep!
2. most sheep are just followers obeying all instructions from its grand masters.
3. honest, i have had many oportunities working with top sheep & dogs.
4. you would never believe the amount of crap from such useless specimens!

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it is a nice place for singaporean to join an annual membership and enjoy cool genting temps in hot and humid singapore.
bring an ipad inside find a seat and enjoy 4G internet surfing inside.

Make full use of the 1 billion, i think garden by the bay is much better than most other tourist investments of the past, like singapore flyer and crazy horse.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi there

1. gal, sheep are still sheep!
2. most sheep are just followers obeying all instructions from its grand masters.
3. honest, i have had many oportunities working with top sheep & dogs.
4. you would never believe the amount of crap from such useless specimens!

you are speaking in riddles...

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it is a nice place for singaporean to join an annual membership and enjoy cool genting temps in hot and humid singapore.

Make full use of the 1 billion, i think garden by the bay is much better than most other tourist investments of the past, like singapore flyer and crazy horse.

you think it was $1B well spent?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

crazy horse and SG Flyer are commercial ventures...different from GBTB

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yeah you got to invest in the money, to let the tourists have something to do.

happy tourists is good for everyone in singapore. I think it is a good investment for Pap, Could be much worse.

Gigo88

Alfrescian
Loyal
GBTB is not worth the $1B that our PAP gov spend on, and the maintenance cost of $50M per year is no small sum.

Having spend that large amt of money, the least they could do is to grant each S'porean a 1-time visit to the 2 domes at nominal cost, maybe $5. At least, S'poreans will be able to appreciate the beauty of this whole project.

S'poreans would also be able to better share the 2 domes attraction with their foreign friends when they visit S'pore.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
when did you visit GBTB?
Not LikeLy anytime as yet..me waiting tiLL the cycLying/jogging paths Linking from the East Coast Service road are up; where we can cycLe there for free.:wink:
Otherwise it wouLd be deemed too 'expensive' for many home-grown Sinkies Like us.:cool:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not LikeLy anytime as yet..me waiting tiLL the cycLying/jogging paths Linking from the East Coast Service road are up; where we can cycLe there for free.:wink:
Otherwise it wouLd be deemed too 'expensive' for many home-grown Sinkies Like us.:cool:

wise of you.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

in many countries, attractions are priced low for their citizens. tourists are charged at a higher price.

citizenship in these cpountries have privileges.

in SG , it is the reverse. some attractions are free for foreigners..but singaporeans have to pay..can you think of which attraction only singaporeans have to pay??