• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Games we used to play....

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Also the rubber tree seeds which we used to rub on the ground and then place that hot seed onto the skin of our friends..

Yo! Still remember ya.

And talking abt brown beetle...snails also we "torture". Early morning would find many snails at our backyard. Used to put salts and watch them "shrink". We tot it was fun. Now realised very cruel and bad me.

Faker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Grandfather's Collection, 42 Bussorah Street you'll be able to find all the old toys incl. 5 stones! There's also a few shops along Haji Lane.

roadrunner,
Much thank for the info, terima kasih banyak! Shall make a trip this week to Haji Lane. Those games that we played during our childhood are more fun and interactive than gameboy kids play nowaday. Anyone, remember collection bottle caps? Then pressed the trim to make a sharp tip for the thumb to flip it over an opponent's cap?

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone, remember collection bottle caps? Then pressed the trim to make a sharp tip for the thumb to flip it over an opponent's cap?

No i don't remember that game but we used to collect the rubber or plastic seal inside the cap for some F&N promotion, normally some picture on the rubber/plastic & you need a few to collect a small prize from your provision shop. And while we're at the provision shop or the mamak stall, sure end up playing tikum tikum but always never win big:(

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No i don't remember that game but we used to collect the rubber or plastic seal inside the cap for some F&N promotion, normally some picture on the rubber/plastic & you need a few to collect a small prize from your provision shop. And while we're at the provision shop or the mamak stall, sure end up playing tikum tikum but always never win big:(

TaLking about bottLe caps, we used to coLLect them; pound them fLat, sharpen their edges; punch 2 button hoLes through them; thread size no.20 strings from cement bags through the hoLes, spin them and fight (ka) !..:wink:

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
TaLking about bottLe caps, we used to coLLect them; pound them fLat, sharpen their edges; punch 2 button hoLes through them; thread size no.20 strings from cement bags through the hoLes, spin them and fight (ka) !..:wink:

Yes that game i remember.. but didn't play too often becos when trying to make it, always end up making ninja stars, the cupboards & doors in our house were covered in holes, this was normally followed by another game, where mother chased me with the featherduster cane & if this game went into extra time i.e. at night, father would take his belt out, that's when it ended badly for me!

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes that game i remember.. but didn't play too often becos when trying to make it, always end up making ninja stars, the cupboards & doors in our house were covered in holes, this was normally followed by another game, where mother chased me with the featherduster cane & if this game went into extra time i.e. at night, father would take his belt out, that's when it ended badly for me!
Knn, that ninja stars cut out from bottLe caps; i rem that too.ALso kena jiaLat from my grandma; cos i used her
speciaL cLoths' cutting scissors to cut out the stars ! ..hence rendering them 'fLat' for cLoth cuttings..:eek:

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
Knn, that ninja stars cut out from bottLe caps; i rem that too.ALso kena jiaLat from my grandma; cos i used her
speciaL cLoths' cutting scissors to cut out the stars ! ..hence rendering them 'fLat' for cLoth cuttings..:eek:

Wah lau eh, you are very BRAVE boy, dare to use AhPoh's tailoring scissors! those scissors i remember not cheap ok, quite EX back in those days! is it the straight edge scissors or the heavy crimped edge scissors? i think the crimped edge ones are more EX.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wah lau eh, you are very BRAVE boy, dare to use AhPoh's tailoring scissors! those scissors i remember not cheap ok, quite EX back in those days! is it the straight edge scissors or the heavy crimped edge scissors? i think the crimped edge ones are more EX.

Forgotten Liao, but my grandma kept them somewhere thereafter.Instead she got me a pair of those for cutting
chee-cheong-fun types instead..reaLLy missed my grandma, bro.

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forgotten Liao, but my grandma kept them somewhere thereafter.Instead she got me a pair of those for cutting
chee-cheong-fun types instead..reaLLy missed my grandma, bro.

Is that why you're such a foodie now, graduated from cutting ninja stars to cutting food:biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yo! Still remember ya.

And talking abt brown beetle...snails also we "torture". Early morning would find many snails at our backyard. Used to put salts and watch them "shrink". We tot it was fun. Now realised very cruel and bad me.

What cruel, not, if they are raiding the beautiful flower bed & munching on your plants. When I was young, I would search & destroy snails from my flower bed, line them up in the sun & drop salt on to them & watch them "melt"...it is either them or me plants, no choice!.

But I could never understand, however I get rid of them, they will multiply fast, until I watched a documentary on TV, snails are asexual, all you need is ONE & they can reproduce...something like that..

:rolleyes:

Faker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today, went down to North Bridge Road. Bought a pair of capteh 毽子 from a stall behind the sultan gate mosque. Cannot find 5 stones-:(

chatek_label.JPGchatek.JPG

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What cruel, not, if they are raiding the beautiful flower bed & munching on your plants. When I was young, I would search & destroy snails from my flower bed, line them up in the sun & drop salt on to them & watch them "melt"...it is either them or me plants, no choice!.

But they need to eat to survive ya.:(

How abt bees? Those days sight of flowers like morning glory were everywhere. Me and my kakies would collect bees alive. Whenever we came across a bee, we observed and when shes deep right to the surface of the flower, we would cover the petals (with our fingers), break the stalk and trsf it to a bottle. And most of the time we got stunk by the bees during the transferring process. Fun though..OUCH!:smile: