• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

fuckwarezone Forum Censors NTU Professor Stabbing

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Someone who has the money the time and the tech savviness to come up with something with the same format as this forum, sammyboy will be history!

I can suggest a name to speed up the popularity. Sunnyboy!

You don't need much money or techical expertise.

If you want FREE forum software, just use simple machines. http://www.simplemachines.org/

If you want more sophisticated software, purchase vbulletin from http://www.vbulletin.com. Less than USD80 per annum.

Both do an excellent job and both take less than half an hour to install. You can get your hosting company to do it for you.

If you're on a hosting plan which includes fantastico, included is an installation script that will install SMF in less than 10 seconds.

http://www.sammyboy.com/heavenbabes

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup! had googled hostican found in your post which you generously suggested to TOC when they were in trouble. Googled Vbullettin on my own initiative. Seems so easy and cheap. What's the catch? Must have something to do with ISP access to traffic within the forum set up!

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Yup! had googled hostican found in your post which you generously suggested to TOC when they were in trouble. Googled Vbullettin on my own initiative. Seems so easy and cheap. What's the catch? Must have something to do with ISP access to traffic within the forum set up!

There is no catch at all and there is no such thing as "ISP access to traffic".:rolleyes:

All ISPs connect your content to the same internet. There is only one www network:p

Creating any website is easy in this day and age. The hard part is getting people to visit. That's where the perseverance, hard work and creativity come in. Most people don't have what it takes to see things through to a successful conclusion.

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't imagine why despite being consistently in alexa'a top 100, you claimed it's not rolling in the bucks! Who are you kidding?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Can't imagine why despite being consistently in alexa'a top 100, you claimed it's not rolling in the bucks! Who are you kidding?

I am rolling in bucks but I earned my bucks a long time ago from other business ventures. I now lead a comfortable life without the need for more big bucks.

I enjoy the easy going life of a retiree and I don't want to go through the daily grind of running an on-line business. I therefore lease the forum to those who are more motivated than I am.

I guess the idea of passing up the opportunity to earn more $$$$ is alien to most sinkies but it's very common where I come from. Life is not all about money.

realfieldreport

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have to realise that running the forum is not my full time job. It's just a hobby. I do it in my free time and I try my best to do a decent job. If you feel that I have failed, then I deserve to lose you as a member as you are at liberty to join some other forum which better serves your needs.

As for being money faced, I am anything but. However, there was a limit as too how much money I was willing to lose every month had I not leased the forum out. The overheads are in excess of USD3000 per month. I don't have that sort of money to burn.

You know something, after reading what you wrote, I really shed a tear for you. Maybe you can call it as crocodile tears. But this really comes out from the bottom of my heart. Since your hobby is already 'out of what you can control', and the overheads are in excess, and you have not been able to make money out of it, why don't close it down, rather than let others 'smear' your internet moniker on the www?

The bottom line now is that those who currently pay the bills call the shots. I work for them now. If you are willing to front up with the $$$, I'll work for you and do your bidding. That's the way the world works in this day and age.

leongsam said:
I am rolling in bucks but I earned my bucks a long time ago from other business ventures. I now lead a comfortable life without the need for more big bucks.

I enjoy the easy going life of a retiree and I don't want to go through the daily grind of running an on-line business. I therefore lease the forum to those who are more motivated than I am.

I guess the idea of passing up the opportunity to earn more $$$$ is alien to most sinkies but it's very common where I come from. Life is not all about money.
Seriously, I find it very contradicting from these 2 statements that you are making. As a retiree, you shouldn't be working for anyone at all or even working for money.

I don't question the decisions you make. Neither do I try to question your motives in life and suggest that there are flaws in your character. Is it too much to expect the same courtesy from you?:rolleyes:
Ok, don't take my above comments in this posting as me trying to question your motive in life. Maybe I would also not suggest any flaws in your character. Like what you said before the truth hurts. So I will extend the same form of courtesy back to you because I don't wish to hurt you. :smile:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
You know something, after reading what you wrote, I really shed a tear for you. Maybe you can call it as crocodile tears. But this really comes out from the bottom of my heart. Since your hobby is already 'out of what you can control', and the overheads are in excess, and you have not been able to make money out of it, why don't close it down, rather than let others 'smear' your internet moniker on the www?
:smile:

I enjoy the technical challenges of running the forum. It gives me something to do in my free time and keeps my brain cells from atrophying. :wink:

As for the "smearing" part, I really couldn't care less. As you aptly pointed out, it's just an internet moniker.