• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Foul odour in Sengkang since August

chowka

Alfrescian
Loyal

What Bugs Me
Posted on 21 Sep 2010
Foul odour hits Sengkang residents at Compass Point

stink_no_1_foul_odour_hits_sengkang_residents_at_compass_point-thumbnail.jpg

On two separate occasions, STOMPer withwings has noticed a terrible stench of sewage in Sengkang, especially around Compass Point. He wonders what could have caused the horrid smell.

He's what the STOMPer observed:

"I stay in Block 261 Sengkang Eastway, just opposite Compass Point.

"On the evening of Sep 20, a really foul odour (like a sewer or manure) could be detected around this area.

"The strongest smell was sensed around the Compass Point shopping mall.

"I hope the authorities can do something about this. The first incidence of this kind of odour was noticed last week on Sep 12."

chowka

Alfrescian
Loyal

25 comments

toohittoohoot said on 22 Sep, 2010

Got the stench too. I am staying very near compass point. Thought it was manure.

aries_kid said on 22 Sep, 2010

Woah.... just read the previous comments!
So it is the entire area affected!

No wonder I couldn't find any leaking manhole at my block.

Now I wonder if it is caused by all the road contructions done around the area....

aries_kid said on 22 Sep, 2010

Hey withwings... I stay around your estate too.
The foul smell has been there for weekssss...
Dont think has got to do with Compasspoint. It's around the flats.
Made a complain to Town Council and called EMU.
Hopefully they will do something about it.
Definitely very unhealthy.

joijoijoi said on 22 Sep, 2010

The stench was lingering since Aug, especially after a rainfall. Initially i thought it was cow dung used on the new grass patches after the completion of Newater pipe-laying construction along Compassvale St. However now it seems something worse than the fertiliser is creating an environmental threat!

travelkia said on 22 Sep, 2010

chicken fart???frm lck??

Confused1 said on 22 Sep, 2010

YA I stay near buangkok mrt too and I thought it was from the clogged drain at the kopitiam! My goodness the smell was so bad that i had to close all the windows. Imagine the residents near compass point...

steventay said on 22 Sep, 2010

I stay Sengkang Central too (the Buangkok MRT area), the smell can't take it...

Imimamiah said on 22 Sep, 2010

I stay Sengkang Central level 14(the Buangkok MRT area). The smell si bay smelly man! I first noticed it on Monday. Was watching TV in the master bedroom. My wife thought I farted, I thought she farted.... had to closed all the windows and turn on air-con in order to sleep.

The smell was REALLY REALLY strong... left an after-taste in my mouth... *puke*

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
mr wanbao reported tonight that some waste company in punggol way had stacked 200 tons of compost causing the smell to drift to sengkang and buangkok. NEA has ordered the company to remove the compost heap by this weekend.