• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fook Seng GoldenHill Chicken Rice is Delicious!

wallace

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fook Seng GoldenHill is good. There are shitty chicken rice stalls and there are good ones too.

The good ones they all taste pretty similar. Fook Seng GoldenHill, Chuen Chuen, Ming Kee, Five Star, Wong Fook are all very similar.

It's not easy to say which one is the best, they are all good.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
As I stay in Bukit Timah, I tend to go to Boon Tong Kee's upper Bukit Timah branch opposite Bukit Timah Shopping Centre. I like the service there.

Boon Tong Kee's chicken rice also available in River Valley Road...near to Great World City....

You can choose the other stall beside it, if you don't like Ah Boon's chicken rice....good also got other side dishes too!!

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not true Bro. Real chicken rice foodies can tell. I am one such foodie and I go out of my way to try any new chicken rice shop that comes recommended. Easy ways to tell:

Texture of the chicken;

Taste and fragrance of the rice;

Taste and fragrance of the soup;

Taste of the chili.

Chicken rice is such a simple dish to make. If I took 5 plates from 5 of the best chicken rice stalls in sillypore, no one can guess who's belong to whom.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
..chicken rice foodies can tell. ..Easy ways to tell:
Texture of the chicken;
Taste and fragrance of the rice;
Taste and fragrance of the soup;
Taste of the chili.
And diff stalls have their own strengths (or weaknesses) in all criteria. Add to that, quality rice grain also important. Meaning, no purrrrfect in all.. depends on own tastebuds or preferences:biggrin:
Boon Tong Kee's upper Bukit Timah branch opposite Bukit Timah Shopping Centre. I like the service there.
Even boon tong kee's vary with diff locations. Upper bkt timah 1, rice comes in cone shape unlike main balestier hq (bowl). River valley falls short in my view.:p

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
You absolutely right. More shitty ones and average ones.

Fook Seng GoldenHill is good. There are shitty chicken rice stalls and there are good ones too.

Where is Wong Fook?

The good ones they all taste pretty similar. Fook Seng GoldenHill, Chuen Chuen, Ming Kee, Five Star, Wong Fook are all very similar..

I think it is a matter of personal taste. But thus far to me, when it comes to steamed white chicken I think Fook Seng Goldenhill comes up tops, perhaps followed by Tian Tian and then Five Star/Boon Tong Kee. For roast chicken I like Wee Nam Kee the most.

It's not easy to say which one is the best, they are all good.

jw5

Loyal
Can you remember the names and locations. Perhaps we can discuss further?
That's the problem, there are so many that I can't even remember them.
But these are not the famous outlets like BTK or WNK or Tian Tian. Yet they have been given good reviews by some magazine, newspaper or tv show.
I'm sure they are all quite tasty, but how does this allow the consumer to ascertain which are the few really really good ones?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good point. For instance I prefer Fook Seng GoldenHill's steamed white chicken but when it comes to rice I prefer Wee Nam kee's.

And diff stalls have their own strengths (or weaknesses) in all criteria. Add to that, quality rice grain also important. Meaning, no purrrrfect in all.. depends on own tastebuds or preferences

Yes, I think you have a point there.

Even boon tong kee's vary with diff locations. Upper bkt timah 1, rice comes in cone shape unlike main balestier hq (bowl). River valley falls short in my view.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess if you are a chicken rice foodie like me, then you shall just give each a try when in the area and see for yourself. That is how I found Fook Seng Goldenhill. Went to service my car in Leng Kee Road, and followed the car agent for lunch up the road/hill to the shop in Jalan Rumah Tinggi. Been hooked ever since, always drop by when I am in the area.

So which shops are your favourites?
That's the problem, there are so many that I can't even remember them.
But these are not the famous outlets like BTK or WNK or Tian Tian. Yet they have been given good reviews by some magazine, newspaper or tv show.
I'm sure they are all quite tasty, but how does this allow the consumer to ascertain which are the few really really good ones?

jw5

Loyal
I guess if you are a chicken rice foodie like me, then you shall just give each a try when in the area and see for yourself. That is how I found Fook Seng Goldenhill. Went to service my car in Leng Kee Road, and followed the car agent for lunch up the road/hill to the shop in Jalan Rumah Tinggi. Been hooked ever since, always drop by when I am in the area.

So which shops are your favourites?
My favourite is Tian Tian for chicken + rice, but I like BTK for the rice.
Must try your recommendation one of these days.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went ydty and it was close. Notice pasted on the shutter says close from 12th-14th Nov. :(

Fook Seng is famous not only for their chicken but for their disappearing act. I gave up after getting screwed on 2 occasions. There was a time he even disappeared for a year.

Can't figure it out - usually 2 to 3 days at a stretch.

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
DSC00864.JPG
Fookseng_shop.jpg

DSC00858.JPG
fook2

DSC00860.JPG
DSC00859.JPG

chilli2.jpg

wow.. worth checking out the next time i am back in sgp... i like the one at toa payoh opposite the petrol station... can't remember its name.. they build a multi-storey carpark next to it...