• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fook Seng GoldenHill Chicken Rice is Delicious!

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know people always mention Tian Tian, Boon Tong Kee and Wee Nam Kee when talking about the best chicken rice in Singapore. Well if you are looking for a change and in the Queenstown/Leng Kee road area, then I suggest trying Fook Seng GoldenHill chicken rice in 37, Jalan Rummah Tinggi, #01-429.

The steamed white chicken meat is soft tender succulent and moist with just a hint of sesame oil (can be eaten on its own, that tasty!), rice is like Boon Tong Kee's, soup is real tasty and the chili carries that extra tangy punch. Servings are quite generous and the fresh lime juice is good too.

A great find, but unfortunately a difficult place to visit unless you have your own transport as it is located on a secluded hill. Nice place to relax and take the family for a value tasty meal.

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wait till you eat the Kampong Chicken at Thomson Rd, just before Thomson Plaza.
The chillies and the garlic superb. The finest chicken I ever taste.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wait till you eat the Kampong Chicken at Thomson Rd, just before Thomson Plaza.
The chillies and the garlic superb. The finest chicken I ever taste.

The kampong Chicken @ Thomson is so-so nia lah......

I still prefer the chicken rice at the Bishan S-11 next to block 501 beside the HDB branch kopitiam

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kampung Chicken is ok but if I am in the Thomson area I rather go to Chuen Chuen, Long House Upper Thomson.

Btw is the one in Bishan known as Ming Kee? I gather mediacorp artiste Bryan Wong likes this shop.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
DSC00864.JPG
Fookseng_shop.jpg

DSC00858.JPG
fook2

DSC00860.JPG
DSC00859.JPG

chilli2.jpg

bebo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice photos. White chicken looks good. How is their roast chicken?

This Fook Seng GoldenHill is worth checking out.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know people always mention Tian Tian, Boon Tong Kee and Wee Nam Kee when talking about the best chicken rice in Singapore. Well if you are looking for a change and in the Queenstown/Leng Kee road area, then I suggest trying Fook Seng GoldenHill chicken rice in 37, Jalan Rummah Tinggi, #01-429.

The steamed white chicken meat is soft tender succulent and moist with just a hint of sesame oil (can be eaten on its own, that tasty!), rice is like Boon Tong Kee's, soup is real tasty and the chili carries that extra tangy punch. Servings are quite generous and the fresh lime juice is good too.

A great find, but unfortunately a difficult place to visit unless you have your own transport as it is located on a secluded hill. Nice place to relax and take the family for a value tasty meal.

Boon Tong Kee's chicken rice also available in River Valley Road...near to Great World City....

You can choose the other stall beside it, if you don't like Ah Boon's chicken rice....good also got other side dishes too!!

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chicken rice is such a simple dish to make. If I took 5 plates from 5 of the best chicken rice stalls in sillypore, no one can guess who's belong to whom.

Chicken rice is so overrated.

Last edited:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chicken rice is such a simple dish to make. If I took 5 plates from 5 of the best chicken rice stalls in sillypore, no one can guess who's belong to whom.

you have to have that discerning taste to tell the difference between a soft bouncy chicken meat and a dry or wet meat...:biggrin:

the shiny texture of the skin also gives you the pleasure of eating it!

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Has anyone tried the chiken rice near the old Rex theater? That's really good. I think they have now shifted somewhere neat Selegie.

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gone were the days of Swee Kee at Middle Road. There were only 2 chicken rice stalls in Singapore. The other one was in Chinatown. When comes to rice. Only the one at basement of Golden Mile comes close to Swee Kee. The original taste.
Lucky Singaporeans now can eat chickens every day. When I was young, only on special occasion you can eat. The same goes for Geylang, plenty of 48kgs chickens to sample.

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boon Tong Kee's chicken rice also available in River Valley Road...near to Great World City....

You can choose the other stall beside it, if you don't like Ah Boon's chicken rice....good also got other side dishes too!!

What is the other side dishes? Your "Goat" 's meat?

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
you have to have that discerning taste to tell the difference between a soft bouncy chicken meat and a dry or wet meat...:biggrin:

the shiny texture of the skin also gives you the pleasure of eating it!

So what about your "Goat"'s meat? Soft and bouncy too that will give you the pleasure of eating it?

tomoko

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just come back from a chicken rice makan trip at Fook Seng GoldenHill.

This is the FR:

First of all, it is so hard to find Fook Seng GoldenHill. Only for people with car as no MRT to the area. It is in a quiet residential area on the first floor of an apartment building.

They have 3 type of plates:

Chicken Rice $2.30
Superior Chicken Rice $3.00
Premium Chicken Rice $3.50

Since come so far, tried the premium plate. This comes with drumsticks. The difference between the plates is type of cut offered. The $2.30 plate normally comes with wings.

The chicken is tender and juicy and the sesame oil taste great. Extra rice (big) costs 50 cents. The chili sauce is shiok.

They also sell porridge and fish soup. Bought a jar of their chili sauce at $2.80 a jar to take home.

Food *****
Price ****
Cleanliness ***
Location *

Fook Seng GoldenHill Chicken Rice
Block 37
Jalan Rumah Tinggi
#01-429
Singapore 150037

jw5

Loyal

Almost half of the chicken rice stalls I see have a newspaper article or a tv show recommendation pasted at the stall.
Are they all really so good?