• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fighter jet engine stolen from Tengah Airbase

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
After this report SAF can downsize at least 3 times with no loss of effectiveness. One day the Malaysians will find a warship missing.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
An engine for a single engine aircraft? Most likely a Rolls Royce/Turboméca Adour Mk.871 turbofan for their Hawk 100 and 200 series. They are in short supply with India also an unhappy customer.

They want to look for it, try the nearest Sungei Road in Indonesia.

If it is a GE F404, then one of their F18's would need to learn to take off and fly with one engine.

Last edited:

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia is a country that anything can happen.

I remembered I read from the Shitty Times few years ago that during the late 1980's, the Malaysia set aside around US$50 billions to buy frigates for their Navy.

In the end, frigates never delivered to the Malaysian Navy and the US$50 billions dollars money is nowhere to be found.

MALAYSIA BOLEH!!!

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kotek! where in my post did i mention is singapore tengah airbase? you ownself making wrong presumption. tempat ini di kampung tengah, perlis!! bodoh!!! :mad:

wah kampung tengah got airbase?

malaysia suddenly so advanced now? :biggrin:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia is a country that anything can happen.

I remembered I read from the Shitty Times few years ago that during the late 1980's, the Malaysia set aside around US$50 billions to buy frigates for their Navy.

In the end, frigates never delivered to the Malaysian Navy and the US$50 billions dollars money is nowhere to be found.

MALAYSIA BOLEH!!!

isn't this the reasons why that Mongolian girl died for?

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would love to but I'm bound by the OSA :p ........ suffice to say the stolen engine is not just any ordinary jet engine but a new generation prototype sample :biggrin:

screw OSA! There was one guy who screwed OSA and became a Ministar making millions per year...

protoype sample safe to fly or not? :biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Engines have no intelligence value. Prototype or otherwise. Its the weapons, guidance and tracking systems etc that are of value.

Maybe during the 1970s when one wanted to see if their boats can catch our sampan fleet. You still stuck in Naval Intelligence of the 70s.

There is a genuine shortage of Soviet military aircraft engines spare parts. Some of the 3rd world countries can't afford to buy new planes so there is a lively market to keep the planes flying. In case, you have not been reading the papers, the USSR has broken up and they are no longer interested in servicing their ex-client states. They are more into buying football clubs.

By the way, western nations can buy the actual engine from anyone of the many ex-soviet countries.

I would love to but I'm bound by the OSA :p ........ suffice to say the stolen engine is not just any ordinary jet engine but a new generation prototype sample :biggrin:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Malaysian Armed forces = World Class. Remember many years back, some jokers just drove a truck right into an army camp and took 150 or 200(can't remember exact number). Sooner or later, someone is going to steal a naval vessal from their inventory

Update: Just found the article

Mohamed Amin Mohamed Razali led a band of 29 Al-Ma'unah men in a mission to overthrow the Malaysian government. The group, included a serving Major in the Royal Malaysian Air Force. They dressed up in uniforms of senior army officers and claimed to be making a surprise inspection of the 304th Malaysian Army Reserve (Rejimen Askar Wataniah) camp at the Temenggor Dam in Gerik, Perak. The group tricked their way and raided the armouries. [6]

They had previously obtained military fatigues from various outlets and securing three units of Pajero four-wheel-drive vehicles. The Pajero, of similar make to that used by the Malaysian Army was painted green and given false number plate at a house rented in Kati, for the specific use as a transit point for the group.

In the early hours of July 2, 2000, 20 members of the Al-Maunah group got into three Pajero vehicles and proceeded to Post 2 Kuala Rhui Camp at 2.50 a.m. and then to Camp Bn 304 Rejimen Askar Wataniah at 4.15 a.m.

They talked their way into the Camps by feigning a surprise inspection, to conduct emergency spot checks of all the ammunitions stored at both camps. Impressed by the manner in Amin and the others conducted themselves and assured by the presence of the three Pajero vehicles bearing the military registration numbers beginning with the alphabet 'Z', the military personnel at the two army camps were duped into allowing the group to take possession of all but one of the various army weapons, ammunitions and other army equipments including communication equipments and some even helped the group to carry the weapons into the three Pajeros. They took away a huge cache of firearms and ammunition, including 97 M16 assault rifles, two Steyr AUG rifles, four GPMGs, six Light Machineguns, five grenade launchers, 182 M16 magazines, eight extra barrels of GPMGs, three extra barrel of LMGs, 26 bayonets, 9,095 rounds of 5.56mm and 60 rounds of 40mm ammunition.

27 of them hid themselves in the jungle in Bukit Jenalik, Sauk, in Perak. Amin then distributed the seized arms to his members for practice. The unusual sounds of firearms alerted local inhabitants who alerted the Police. The group made preparations for the operation, including collecting food supplies and taking them to their base in Bukit Jenalik. The food dumps were to keep the base going for about three weeks. They had obtained military fatigues from various outlets and securing three units of Pajero four-wheel-drive vehicles. They also collected weapons such as parang (machete) and cross bows for the purpose of their mission.

Police threw a containment cordon of Bukit Jenalik. A number of security personnel were deployed to penetrate the Al-Ma'unah's camp. However, two of the police personnel Sergeant (Sarjan) Mohd Shah Ahmad and Detective Corporal Sanghadevan, as well as civilian Jaafar Puteh and an army personnel, Trooper Matthews anak Medan, were taken hostage by Al-Ma'unah. In a radio communication with the authorities, the group stated their intention to cordon off Kuala Lumpur if their demand for Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad to resign in 24 hours was unmet. Jaafar Puteh was a civilian who wandered into their camp while looking for durian fruit.

Mohd Shah Ahmad related during the trial that over the 4 days, the security forces personnel were abused and tortured. They were made to dig trenches along the sides of Bukit Jenalik to serve as a defence in the event of an attack on the camp. At night they were tied to a durian tree. It was that Mohd Shah Ahmad and Sanghadevan buried Trooper Matthews in one of these trenches. Trooper Matthews was apprehended by Jemari Jusoh and when the Amin realized the identity of Trooper Matthews, Amin tortured Matthews by shooting his leg. Amin then ordered the Jemari Jusoh to shoot Trooper Matthews in cold blood.

On the morning of July 5, 2000, a member of Al Ma'unah, Abu Bakar Ismail was shot by the security forces. In retaliation, the Amin and his his followers returned fire against the security forces. During this cross fire, Sanghadevan was shot dead. Sanghadevan was buried next to Trooper Matthews by Mohd Shah and Jaafar Puteh.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Ma%27unah

Kotek! where in my post did i mention is singapore tengah airbase? you ownself making wrong presumption. tempat ini di kampung tengah, perlis!! bodoh!!! :mad:

Please kindly point out where in the article does it mention Malaysia's Tengah Airbase since the word Tengah wasn't even mentioned in the article