• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Family members of mum, 30, who died after collapsing in Turkey airport receive 'shattering' diagnosis

Houri

Stupidman
Loyal

Family members of mum, 30, who died after collapsing in Turkey airport receive 'shattering' diagnosis​

Melissa Kinsella collapsed and suffered a massive seizure and cardiac arrest

• BY OLIVIA WILLIAMS
  • 08:17, 13 SEP 2024
Melissa Kinsella collapsed while on holiday
Melissa Kinsella collapsed while on holiday

Family members of a woman who tragically passed away after collapsing at Antalya Airport in Turkey have received 'shattering' diagnosis. Melissa Kinsella was waiting to board a flight home from a holiday when she suffered a severe seizure and cardiac arrest in May last year.

She was rushed to hospital, where doctors found she had swelling on her brain and heart. The 30-year-old's family and friends managed to raise over £50,000 to bring her back to the UK, but heartbreakingly, she was pronounced dead just hours after arriving back in Merseyside.

Family members of a woman who tragically passed away after collapsing at Antalya Airport in Turkey have received 'shattering' diagnosis. Melissa Kinsella was waiting to board a flight home from a holiday when she suffered a severe seizure and cardiac arrest in May last year.

She was rushed to hospital, where doctors found she had swelling on her brain and heart. The 30-year-old's family and friends managed to raise over £50,000 to bring her back to the UK, but heartbreakingly, she was pronounced dead just hours after arriving back in Merseyside.
Michelle, Melissa's 52-year-old mother, previously spoke of the family's struggle to understand how their previously healthy daughter and mother of three could die so unexpectedly.

Tragically, two months after her death, Melissa's cousin Nicole received test results which confirmed she has Long QT Syndrome - a genetic heart condition. Tests on Melissa revealed she also had the same conditions.

Speaking to the ECHO, Nicole, 28, said: "I had eight cardiac arrests. I woke up one morning feeling really unwell and I was quite out of breath. I was going purple in the face and then went into cardiac arrest [...] and put into a coma."