• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
The logical step for Singaporeans is to buy a direct HDB first (if incomes allow), and then buy another condo in SG. Next step is to buy a property in MY for rent/weekend home. When its time to retire, rent out your SG properties n retire in MY.

Of course, if your job hours are flexible, an even better scheme is to rent out your SG HDB and condo, and stay in MY landed while commuting to work in SG. To summarise, a SG property for recurring rental income is crucial in ensuring this plan works, while you wait for your SG property value to go up as we moves towards 6.9.

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey sounds like for someone to prosper or to be famous, need to venture overseas first, when become famous, then come back to hometown, macham like local singer/actor get groomed in Taiwan or something like that. hahaha... George Kwek also went to Taiwan and then come back home and make it big! M'sia sure can make it someday becos Sg is land scare, sure spill over to JB. Must be patient lor.

Most doing biz stay in landed in SG. Now only choice is to rent in SG. Stay put in MY.... Once time is up, sell all, go back Sg buy condo!!

Factor now is -- wait!

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem now is we cannot reverse gear - for those who sold off their HDB. It doesn't make sense to sell off pte house or overseas property to buy HDB. But if money is not a problem, your suggestion is very ideal.

The logical step for Singaporeans is to buy a direct HDB first (if incomes allow), and then buy another condo in SG. Next step is to buy a property in MY for rent/weekend home. When its time to retire, rent out your SG properties n retire in MY.

Of course, if your job hours are flexible, an even better scheme is to rent out your SG HDB and condo, and stay in MY landed while commuting to work in SG. To summarise, a SG property for recurring rental income is crucial in ensuring this plan works, while you wait for your SG property value to go up as we moves towards 6.9.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem now is we cannot reverse gear - for those who sold off their HDB. It doesn't make sense to sell off pte house or overseas property to buy HDB. But if money is not a problem, your suggestion is very ideal.

Transfer name of overseas private properties to parents, and then hope HDB doesnt find out? Quite low risk for HDB to find out unless someone sabo, since the property is under parents name. Then buy a direct BTO if possible. Rent out after the 5 years MOP and stay in MY, if job hours are flexible.

Then buy another SG condo when ABSD is removed. In the meantime, if got spare cash, try to flip 1 or 2 MY properties with gd location.....

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Transfer name of overseas private properties to parents, and then hope HDB doesnt find out? Quite low risk for HDB to find out unless someone sabo, since the property is under parents name. Then buy a direct BTO if possible. Rent out after the 5 years MOP and stay in MY, if job hours are flexible.

Then buy another SG condo when ABSD is removed. In the meantime, if got spare cash, try to flip 1 or 2 MY properties with gd location.....

But one has to declare ownership/interest in property, and I got a feeling that it's not just whose name the title is in, but whether you got any interest in the property. And depending on what is meant by the term "interest in" it could be rather broad in scope leh. Anyone can comment? Friends also advised me to buy MY property in mother-in-law name and then do a transfer later on but after toying with it I decided not to. Scared scared...

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't use parent's name becos they have gone to heaven. Maybe have to use children's name to buy.

Niucomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
But one has to declare ownership/interest in property, and I got a feeling that it's not just whose name the title is in, but whether you got any interest in the property. And depending on what is meant by the term "interest in" it could be rather broad in scope leh. Anyone can comment?

What about overseas properties held in name of companies?

Does "interest in" mean interest in shares of companies holding properties? I dun think so. If so, then all HDB owners cannot buy REITS :confused:

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jurong Point MC cash at 2.578 and TT at 2.58 about 4pm today despite xe.com shown 2.578 at the point of time for the exchange.