• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Ex-Robber Turned Salesman Beat Up Old Farts After Being Rude To Them! Guess Race!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Words or seemingly actions without violence are mere words, hot air & harms no one, except pride, which is only an emotion, a NON PHYSICAL feeling. As the saying goes - sticks & stones will break my bones, but words can never kill me...

Most people I know bear longer grudges towards unkind towards than physical beatings. Unkind words from family or friends or bosses tend to hurt.
That childhood saying is not true even though it rhymes.

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
The insignificant nobody me can understand your feelings.

It is only common that the elderly seems overbearing often, with their set mindsets developed over years of hardships & mistakes made, & wise words are often misunderstood as domination to the young desiring unrestrained freedom at all costs but untested in long journey of life, more so in this rapid changing World where what one learnt just years ago is no longer relevant, even though principles & values of Humanity still remains....

Words or seemingly actions without violence are mere words, hot air & harms no one, except pride, which is only an emotion, a NON PHYSICAL feeling. As the saying goes - sticks & stones will break my bones, but words can never kill me...

ULTIMATELY - EACH life is precious & means something special to another, even if not to you. No Human is born out of a vacuum & we are in this journey of life TOGETHER. There is no need to resort to violence. We Singaporeans are a Rule of Law nation...
some old folks still expect some kind of respect from the younger generation these days. unfortunately, most young people have no respect at all for oldies. that's where the problem lies.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
some old folks still expect some kind of respect from the younger generation these days. unfortunately, most young people have no respect at all for oldies. that's where the problem lies.
Yalor. Keep asking me who did I volt for. No big no small. :unsure:

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most people I know bear longer grudges towards unkind towards than physical beatings. Unkind words from family or friends or bosses tend to hurt.
That childhood saying is not true even though it rhymes.

Violence resolves nothing.

Brawling is only common, sometimes over non-physical issues such as words, stare or pride. In most other countries, brawlers would kick you & they will beat you, & call it is fair, so beat it.

However, Singapore is a Rule of Law Nation. Just learn from what our leaders do when hurtful & harmful words are used against oneself or the country. They do not send hit teams to bash up the offenders offices & homes. Instead, they use the LEGAL way - SUE, or PORFMA.

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
VCH is not an arrestable offence in Singapore unless certain additional factors are involved, such as the use of a dangerous weapon, or where the victim is an on-duty public servant
“Whoever voluntarily causes hurt, if the hurt which he intends to cause or knows himself to be likely to cause is grievous hurt, and if the hurt which he causes is grievous hurt, is said “voluntarily to cause grievous hurt””

Defined under Section 320 of the Penal Code, voluntarily causing grievous hurt refers to causing more severe injuries intentionally. These injuries often involve broken bones, disfigurement, or severe bodily pain or harm. The definition of “grievous hurt” being defined in Section 320 of the Penal code.

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is violence in wars, which involves the entire nation in defending itself from aggressors. Thus a need to ensure that war is the last resort when all diplomatic efforts fail. There will be deaths from both sides -combatants & from collateral damage. It will be a finality when the victor wins & the loser abide by the terms of defeat.

However, the discussion here is about DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, violence between individuals occurring in a domestic setting. In your case, it is about defending yourself by violence. caused by non physical actions from another - words, stares, etc.

Should you want finality to it - doing it thoroughly - it would mean killing the abuser, as he too will fight back. Count to 10, & think of the CONSEQUENCES, before you launch the punch or the stab - you will be hunted down, arrested & spend the rest of your life in prison on capital charge.

Even if violence is done in half past 6 fashion, whereby the victim is injured, you will be arrested & will spend the next 10 yrs in prison, lost your freedom, over a moment's anger. Is it worth it?

There are better ways to resolve differences in domestic settings than to resolve thru violence, & as you are a Christian - "Vengeance is MINE, says the LORD."

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Like that need to setup a Satik Incestigation Broad to find out more de woh

Oppie Chee was a professor's assistant at that time. Need to give him due respect. Otherwise, NUS would have fired him immediately.