• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Enjoy now and suffer poverty later...

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With high inflations and lowering of wages, and every single elderly are struggling for a simple meal to get by during hardship, here I saw even the non-working classes such as student are enjoying life before they start earning their first dollar. I have been thinking whether their parents were rich folks and marvel at the kind of life I have never dreamt of when I was a student.

Attachments

• Photo-0002(1).jpg
    Photo-0002(1).jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 151
  • Photo-0005.jpg
    Photo-0005.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
With high inflations and lowering of wages, and every single elderly are struggling for a simple meal to get by during hardship, here I saw even the non-working classes such as student are enjoying life before they start earning their first dollar. I have been thinking whether their parents were rich folks and marvel at the kind of life I have never dreamt of when I was a student.

folks these days have this warped sense of belief, thinking that ceding to the child's every request equals showering them with love. probably because they have no time to be physically with them, yeah, i share your concerns...

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Religious crap snipped

Last edited by a moderator:

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
folks these days have this warped sense of belief, thinking that ceding to the child's every request equals showering them with love. probably because they have no time to be physically with them, yeah, i share your concerns...

the poor kids have to pay for it in future when they aren't so well equipped to deal with the future economic turbulence.

jw5

Loyal
These students are really spoilt these days.
I see many of them having set meals in food courts, fast food places and even restuarants.
I used to remember that just a simple burger would be a reat treat when I was a student.
Hope the parents of these spoilt kids are millionaires or getting high income, otherwise they are in for trouble.

jw5

Loyal
And these people are getting incentives to have more children whom they won't have time to spend with and who will probably get a lot of pocket money, be spoilt brats and grow up to be low value added people.
Sad. :(

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My friend told me that her daughter ever threaten to sever ties with him because he was jobless and could not afford her materialistic crave as those of other students in class. I perceived her daughter's words were simply a temperament and impulsive remarks out of sudden anger but it dawned on me what has our school educations achieved nowadays? To teach children the power of money? to crave for success to get what they want? how to be calculative and do business? to discredit the less fortunate and look down on the less capable in this society? I feel sad if that is the case because I suspect civic subject which I used to learn in school has probably been taken off as one of the subject in primary school now.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
And these people are getting incentives to have more children whom they won't have time to spend with and who will probably get a lot of pocket money, be spoilt brats and grow up to be low value added people.
Sad. :(

bro,
sad is an understatement. :(

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend told me that her daughter ever threaten to sever ties with him because he was jobless and could not afford her materialistic crave as those of other students in class. I perceived her daughter's words were simply a temperament and impulsive remarks out of sudden anger but it dawned on me what has our school educations achieved nowadays? To teach children the power of money? to crave for success to get what they want? how to be calculative and do business? to discredit the less fortunate and look down on the less capable in this society? I feel sad if that is the case because I suspect civic subject which I used to learn in school has probably been taken off as one of the subject in primary school now.

how old is the daughter? this is ridiculous! and i don't think that "civic" as a subject would help. what happened to family ties and basic humanity??!! :eek::eek::eek: