• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Emergency has been declared at Goh Chok Tong constituency Marine Parade due to severe flood. Story is developing …

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are in Good hands
1000031026.jpg

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
By this hour, the insignificant nobody me is sure that the authorities had already or are attempting to resolve the situation, to alleviate & even managed to get traffic flowing in the affected areas.

My only surprise is that the authorities - NEA, LTA had to resort using pails to remove the waters.....

The are water pump trucks that can be deployed, to suck in the waters into container trucks.

Although some land areas are not regularly flat, but our forefathers in Civil Engineering had ensured that Drainage system exists. It is only a matter of using ground sensing radar - handheld or by drones, to find out the land depth, then deploy the water pump trucks at the many deep points, either to pump water into container trucks or lay flexi-tubes to canals to drain off the water, with effectiveness & efficiency.

All the best to Marine Parade residents & those affected. No infrastructure is forever, & needs maintenance, thus the need for tax revenues to ensure our way of life will not be severely affected....

pumping-water-from-sewage-canals-during-the-construction-of-roads-in-the-city-truck-with.jpg

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Technically, by this hour, the waters would had been cleared, but however....

If it is not cleared, and NEA/LTA does not have the technological advances to do it, there exists a National Mobilization mandate in Singapore, whereby participating companies with the necessary & right equipment have to respond in an National emergency to resolve predicaments. They will be paid, for sure, for their contributions to our Nation.

joemartini

Alfrescian
Loyal
GE 2020
Marine parade GRC
PAP-57.74%
WP - 42.26%

question is....is it a fresh water pipe damage or sewage water pipe damage???? the orange-brownish m&d water makes it difficult to tell. maybe sewage water mixed with m&d.

joemartini

Alfrescian
Loyal
Technically, by this hour, the waters would had been cleared, but however....

If it is not cleared, and NEA/LTA does not have the technological advances to do it, there exists a National Mobilization mandate in Singapore, whereby participating companies with the necessary & right equipment have to respond in an National emergency to resolve predicaments. They will be paid, for sure, for their contributions to our Nation.
contractors, in such a emergency callup, ask for money first!!!! pay first !!! before you even move half a piece of equipment half a millimetre.

joemartini

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is not ponding due to heavy rain.

This is infrastructure breaking down due to negligence.

OK OK OK !!! Tin Pei Ling already helping with the clean up!!!
you finished eating your laksa, she will clear your bowls for you also.
the nerve of these ppl!!! I really don't know what to say!!!

FDPWDCsXsAUT9Wn.jpg

jsctan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got so many FTs in Sg, no need to fear.
This type of flooding only happen once in my lifetime.
Let's thank them for letting me witness it. Only using taxpayer money to fix. Just raise GST. Gao dim for funding such repair. Sap sap water.

Last edited: