• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Editors of TR Emeritus are a Bunch of Morons.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In their latest tirade against YSL, they quoted YSL as saying:

Since we are imperfect beings, we must have the courage to admit mistakes. For the courage to admit mistakes, to apologize and to take corrective actions are the hallmarks of personal leadership.

… if you think you have made mistakes, talk to your friends and loved ones, even if those are serious mistakes, acknowledge them. Do not attempt to cover one mistake with another. Two wrongs do not make one right. Acknowledge them, take corrective actions and reconcile yourself with those around you.

Key phrases I highlight here are:

1. "personal leadership" (and NOT "political leadership")
2. "talk to your friends and loved ones, even if those are serious mistakes, acknowledge them"

It is pretty obvious if the alleged affair had taken place, YSL had already confessed to his wife and his church (friends and loved ones). Otherwise, how could TR Emeritus get hold of the information and reported it firsthand?

Don't you think the editors of TR Emeritus are a bunch of morons to quote this from YSL and expect him to make a public confession of his alleged affair?

Sadist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Leadership is leadership period. No excuses.

It is not TR that demands, it is natural for any concern public to expect some kind of reply. After all sleeping with someone else when you are married is a big No No. The longer he hides the stronger the message he is telling us he has indeeed slept with someone.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A suitable response would be: "There are several inaccuracies regarding the rumours that have aggrieved concerned parties. All concerned and related parties have now found conciliation over these rumours. As this is a private matter, we do not wish to comment on it further."

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like TRE and GMS are going to be deeply upset if YSL does not admit or acknowledge. Its beginning to look like a massive wank with no result. I can visualise Joe Ong and GMS holding their dicks, tired, wasted and forlorn. Maybe even forgone.

djent

Alfrescian
Loyal
TRE seems more like a government mouthpiece these days, with bland articles and half-truths articles designed to lure in opposition supporters and to convince them that opposition are a bunch of fools.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I can visualise Joe Ong and GMS holding their dicks, tired, wasted and forlorn. Maybe even forgone.

bro,

please provide antidote to erase the mental picture you've painted.
& could you spare me 2.50 for the mee rubus me just puked?
:o:o:o

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just finished reading Old Man's Hard Truths. In his book, he thought Bill Clinton's sexual mischiefs was alright as long as he was a good leader and didnt affect his work. He also thought the French people should not take too seriously Sarkozy, Mitterand's sideshows since they could lead.

He must be right. He is after all Lee Kuan Yew. The rare occasion I agree with him.

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
kingrant said:
Just finished reading Old Man's Hard Truths. In his book, he thought Bill Clinton's sexual mischiefs was alright as long as he was a good leader and didnt affect his work. He also thought the French people should not take too seriously Sarkozy, Mitterand's sideshows since they could lead.

He must be right. He is after all Lee Kuan Yew. The rare occasion I agree with him.

I have the Hard Truths for a long time but have not started to read it simply because so much have already been reported in the MSM. This is the first time I come across this bit about Bill Clinton, so I think I must start reading it so as not to miss all the juicy parts. Incidentally, I remember he also said Anwar did what he did. How did he know? Hard to believe truth?

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hard Truth is disjointed but look for instances where he avoids answering certain questions. Read Nathan's book. Evryone is his good friends. I lost count of the number of times he mentions someone as his good friend. The Myanmar Intelligence chief is also his good friend. A very naive individual.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The longer he hides the stronger the message he is telling us he has indeeed slept with someone.

Why do you think so? In my opinion, saying either 'yes' or 'no' puts him in an awkward position. If he says 'no', people will call him a liar. Either that, or TR Emeritus is lying. If he says 'yes', he destroys himself. By saying neither 'yes' nor 'no', he avoids both positions, whether innocent or guilty.

Now, why do you think TR Emeritus is credible? As far as I know, their editors are anonymous. They have not produced a single shred of evidence of their allegation against YSL. The onus of proof lies with TR Emeritus. If they can't produce the proof of their allegation, why do you think they are practicing anything of resemblance to responsible journalism? In my opinion, they are even worse than the mainstream media.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dictatorship Is Not Leadership

iarunMyNWHuA.jpg

There's a tendency for everyone getting this wrong. Most people are referring the common style of organisation which is "dictatorship" as "leadership". Dictatorship is NOT leadership !

Leadership is much harder to bind than dictatorship. Leaders lead by examples and using teachings to win hearts and minds like Jesus.

What is a leader ? A leader does not whip people into a herd. So, it's much harder to be a leader than a dictator. Army officers are dictators not leaders. They dictate, you do it without asking why. It's a forced cohesion, no freedom of choice. So, is NS democratic ?

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hard Truth is disjointed but look for instances where he avoids answering certain questions. Read Nathan's book. Evryone is his good friends. I lost count of the number of times he mentions someone as his good friend. The Myanmar Intelligence chief is also his good friend. A very naive individual.

At least not like TJS -- every PAP big wig is his good friend!

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Scroobal,

As if I care! :wink:

From a "selfish" perspective, I would not want YSL to admit it or make any remarks about it. Let the doubts carry on forward. Just like someone has mentioned, it would be a perfect large target board that would stick with him and WP which may come in handy if ever needed in future.

But the opposition self in me say that to save the whole opposition movement, he has to make clarifications and not allow such doubts to clout swing voters and make them think that Opposition parties really cannot make it, even the best WP cannot put up clean candidates/MPs.

Well, I am political observer now, doesn't really bother me but hate to see what a single silly man spoils it all for the whole opposition movement. No matter what, I will continue to enjoy my Hainanese Curry Chicken and Lou Bah. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

Looks like TRE and GMS are going to be deeply upset if YSL does not admit or acknowledge. Its beginning to look like a massive wank with no result. I can visualise Joe Ong and GMS holding their dicks, tired, wasted and forlorn. Maybe even forgone.

waterloong

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is too late for Yaw to say anything now because he dragged too long and the damage is irreversible .

Anyone could call themselves political observer these days. You should call yourself political commenter since you are so active in Sammyboy trying to enlighten the crowd. If you were to upgrade to a political commentator, you will make a good competitor to Eugene Tan.

Scroobal,

As if I care! :wink:

From a "selfish" perspective, I would not want YSL to admit it or make any remarks about it. Let the doubts carry on forward. Just like someone has mentioned, it would be a perfect large target board that would stick with him and WP which may come in handy if ever needed in future.

But the opposition self in me say that to save the whole opposition movement, he has to make clarifications and not allow such doubts to clout swing voters and make them think that Opposition parties really cannot make it, even the best WP cannot put up clean candidates/MPs.

Well, I am political observer now, doesn't really bother me but hate to see what a single silly man spoils it all for the whole opposition movement. No matter what, I will continue to enjoy my Hainanese Curry Chicken and Lou Bah. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

Last edited: