• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Editors of TR Emeritus are a Bunch of Morons.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GMS has a point here. You do not give someone a blank cheque to put whatever he wants on it.

The problem is - is it the time to issue the cheque? Let's say it is a kidnap and there is ransom money. Has the kidnapper show proof that there is indeed a kidnap. Otherwise you might have to issue and re-issue the cheque depending on what they tell you.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I did notice. But I didnt keep notes, so I cant recall most of it. But I know when pressed to comment on the performance of his son's team, he kept saying he wasnt in charge anymore and he left things to them.

Mostly, I remember he did not agree to a 6.5 million population, not even when infrastructure etc have been improved. His reason is living comfort, but he did not veto them.

He also said that he was against the new Indians coming in with their caste system and wanting to increase the number of Indian international schools. He wanted the new Indians to go on to local secondary schools to mix with locals otherwsie they would not get their PRs. Well, after he passes on, I dunno if the son thinks in the same way, or succumb to new Indian pressures. He was also mindful of comments that northern Indians intended to come in only to leech and then leave without their sons doing NS. He said dont try becuz his govt will know and remember for even 20 years; and if they leave they can never come back, not even after 20 years.

Hard Truth is disjointed but look for instances where he avoids answering certain questions. Read Nathan's book. Evryone is his good friends. I lost count of the number of times he mentions someone as his good friend. The Myanmar Intelligence chief is also his good friend. A very naive individual.

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Mostly, I remember he did not agree to a 6.5 million population, not even when infrastructure etc have been improved. His reason is living comfort, but he did not veto them.

me will respect him for this :smile::smile::smile:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I will respect him if he apologizes to the 1977 Euro communists and 1987 Marxists conspirators

can slowly add to the list mah, me looking at the Singapore landscape in her entirety first & me concur with the old man that 6.5mil squeezing in 700sqm is a tad too much. can't imagine handling the amount of shit from a population of 6.5mil. :eek::eek::eek:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Huh???

Bro, I will respect him if he apologizes to the 1977 Euro communists and 1987 Marxists conspirators, clears their name once and for all, and pays full restitution to them out of his own pocket.

Apologize to Lim Bo Seng first. Kneel before his memorial in sackcloth and ashes, repent and make a public apology.

2384426526_70cf1c6716_m.jpg

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
zhihau said:
can slowly add to the list mah, me looking at the Singapore landscape in her entirety first & me concur with the old man that 6.5mil squeezing in 700sqm is a tad too much. can't imagine handling the amount of shit from a population of 6.5mil. :eek::eek::eek:

We can go back to the days of the night soil carrier to handle the shit. Anyway, I thought the earlier peak population was more like 5 million. Did that have the Old Man's approval?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
kingrant said:
He also said that he was against the new Indians coming in with their caste system and wanting to increase the number of Indian international schools. He wanted the new Indians to go on to local secondary schools to mix with locals otherwsie they would not get their PRs. Well, after he passes on, I dunno if the son thinks in the same way, or succumb to new Indian pressures. He was also mindful of comments that northern Indians intended to come in only to leech and then leave without their sons doing NS.

The issue of opening the door to North Indians is a tough call. The main reason for doing so is to allow Singapore to take advantage of the growth of India. If it were just for population, then no problem - bring in only South Indians. I was told once by a Singaporean Indian that a non-Indian would stand a better chance of doing business in India than a South Indian. That is the degree of discrimination they have in the caste system there.

If for the seek of future business with India, we have to bring in North Indians, then all the restrictions regarding schools, NS etc, I think the Old Man is right to insist on that.

One other fundamental thing we need to ask ourselves is - what kind of multiracial society do we want for Singapore? A fully integrated Singaporean society with a common language but different mother tongues and the continuation of some customary practices but everything else being common? Or a melting pot of different cultures each keeping its own identity like in some western cities?

With the pace that we had adopted to increase our population, I did not see much attempt to go for the first alternative. Maybe with the pace that we have grew our population, it is impossible to get full integration. If we don't make this attempt to integrate, we will have to live with all the attendant issues in society. I am not talking just of Indians, but Chinese, Malay, Filipinos and Caucasians as well.

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
zhihau said:
a piercing question of which me knows little about, gotta ask around :o:o:o

When they quoted this figure, it must be on the MSM. Usually, an important projection like this, the Old Man would come out with a supporting statement. If not most likely he was not in total concurrence.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
People prosper just by selling shit to buyers to make fertilizers.....how to actually track how much shit is being produced and how much is being sold?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unrepented said:
People prosper just by selling shit to buyers to make fertilizers.....how to actually track how much shit is being produced and how much is being sold?

We can potentially have a case of shit being stolen.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
We can potentially have a case of shit being stolen.

no idea on how to track the amount of shit collected, maybe the NEWater plants may have a figure.
no shit about this, the Ig Nobel Prize for Biology in 2009 was on panda shit :smile::smile::smile:

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sir Stamford Raffles Too

Apologize to Lim Bo Seng first. Kneel before his memorial in sackcloth and ashes, repent and make a public apology.

2384426526_70cf1c6716_m.jpg

sir-stamford-raffles-statue-in-singapore-1.jpg

If Lee did claim the merit for transforming a sleepy island or fishing village into a metropolis then he need to kneel down to this one too. LOL :biggrin:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Conqueror said:
If Lee did claim the merit for transforming a sleepy island or fishing village into a metropolis then he need to kneel down to this one too. LOL :biggrin:

I remember Lee also claimed that Singapore was New York of Malaysia. New York a fishing village?

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
The trouble is India has large powerful lobbies to use as levers to open our doors. Considering the fact that our govt prostitutes itself so cheaply in FTAs with India, the door isnt even close, so their lobbying is only going to send swarms of Indian businesses our way to use us as HQs and these Indian bosses will end up recruiting only their own Indians from India, thereby flooding our job markets again while shutting out locals! India will gain more than Singapore - India gets rid of their unemployed PMETs by chucking them here.

The issue of opening the door to North Indians is a tough call. The main reason for doing so is to allow Singapore to take advantage of the growth of India.