• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

'earthworms' in toilet

bugeyed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Been staying in my current place for the past 3-4yrs. In recent months, i can see worms appearing regularly on my toilet floor. They look like earthworms but not 100% sure. Googled and found a similar case reported by some other HDB dweller. The worms look similar to the pic in the link. Town council sent pest controller also cannot rid the worms. Any idea what these are and where they come from? Suspect from the floor trap :mad:. Never seen any crawling out from toilet bowl too.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the openings from the toilet floor are the pipes? use bleach to wash it, dun rinse it and leave overnight

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
A can of worms opened and more to come in 2016 GE.

Maybe Gekco comng to pick up her hubby.

Been staying in my current place for the past 3-4yrs. In recent months, i can see worms appearing regularly on my toilet floor. They look like earthworms but not 100% sure. Googled and found a similar case reported by some other HDB dweller. The worms look similar to the pic in the link. Town council sent pest controller also cannot rid the worms. Any idea what these are and where they come from? Suspect from the floor trap :mad:. Never seen any crawling out from toilet bowl too.

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
You didn't include any pics but if it looks like earthworm, these worms used to infest the large area of West Pasir Ris years ago. It differs from earthworms in that the exterior is hard and crusty and when disturbed curls up and unlike earthworms, you can see rows of 'legs'.

Then after a couple of years they just disappeared as mysteriously as they came.

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
boil a big tub of hot water like those ancient war movies then pour over toilet floor in quick succession:eek:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
worms.jpg

From the other post.

bugeyed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yep, it's quite mysterious. Stayed here for few years and only in june after coming back from a holiday trip, started to see their appearance. I stay 10th storey and my neighbour above said he didn't encounter the same thing. No, not those with legs.

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
these worms used to infest the large area of West Pasir Ris years ago. It differs from earthworms in that the exterior is hard and crusty and when disturbed curls up and unlike earthworms, you can see rows of 'legs'.

that's thousand legged worm la

Millipede.jpg

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks. Tried liao still no use...
These worms breeds at moist/dark places and eats on algae, try a few times lah..... I experienced it before, i went overseas for 1 week, my room toilet was totally dry during that time, after that ok liao....

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have you & your family tried taking the annti-worms medication? Maybe it comes from you all?? , it may work or TC have to clean the sewarage system.
It's not inside toilet bowl, normally at the sewage pipes, cracks area....

bugeyed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you & your family tried taking the annti-worms medication? Maybe it comes from you all?? , it may work or TC have to clean the sewarage system.
Nope :p. Didnt think they came from us *fingers crossed* as we have never seen them in the bowl :smile:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nope :p. Didnt think they came from us *fingers crossed* as we have never seen them in the bowl :smile:

It was a long shot suggestion, the worms came from the sewerage system, which is contaminated, TC have to get the pumper people to clean the IC downstairs.