• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Don't cast protest vote: MM

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
front-summ-lauFK.jpg
The Government, Mr Lee (above) said, has to price the flats at a level which is fair, not only to current buyers but past and future buyers, as it will affect property prices. -- ST PHOTO: LAU FOOK KONG

THE current contentious issue on the affordability of public housing was given another airing by Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew who cautioned Singaporeans not to cast a protest vote against the ruling party over this.

As Singaporeans lament rising flat prices, he said they ought to understand that the Government sells them at a subsidised price, below market rate, so that they can own an asset that will appreciate in value over the years.

It adds to their wealth and this is an asset-enhancing policy Mr Lee believes citizens should not find fault with.

If they do, they must be 'daft', he said, at a dialogue during a housing conference as part of a series of events to mark the Housing and Development Board's 50th anniversary.

And if National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan is unable to defend this policy, 'he deserves to lose' at the next general election, he quipped, to laughter from the participants, including a chuckling Mr Mah.

But if Mr Mah loses to the opposition, he warned that Singaporeans better sell their flats fast as they would no longer be of any value.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Gees... i admire you sinkie screwing style and now i see that you are a coward. you scare of votes against you.. Gee.. now you sound like a sinkie coward.

Ahh yes, a sinkie will vote for another sinkie. LKy, rest assure, your worries are unfounded.

jimmyfallon

Alfrescian
Loyal
"And if National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan is unable to defend this policy, 'he deserves to lose' at the next general election, he quipped, to laughter from the participants, including a chuckling Mr Mah."

They are all laughing because they know the election is rigged. Its an inside family joke.

dunbluffme

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no such thing as protest vote...

Why single out HDB housing price hike as the talk of the town?

ERP is the fastest vending machines to feed their high pay!!!

Naaaah we are just voting to put the spurs into their lazy backsides to keep them sharp. :biggrin:

dunbluffme

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is aware many people du lan MBT coz he is one of the pioneers in ERP...

Knn no matter where he goes he wants to increase price ...

See his rat's eyes? Very very cynical man....

I only respect LKY...my one and only idol... I will only vote for LKY but not his members

"And if National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan is unable to defend this policy, 'he deserves to lose' at the next general election, he quipped, to laughter from the participants, including a chuckling Mr Mah."

They are all laughing because they know the election is rigged. Its an inside family joke.

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
So what's the wrong with casting a protest vote?

Definition of " protest " according to dictionary.com:

–noun
1. an expression or declaration of objection, disapproval, or dissent, often in opposition to something a person is powerless to prevent or avoid: a protest against increased taxation.

–verb (used without object)
5. to give manifest expression to objection or disapproval; remonstrate.
6. to make solemn or earnest declaration.
–verb (used with object)
7. to make a protest or remonstrance against; object to.
8. to say in protest or remonstrance.
9. to declare solemnly or earnestly; affirm; assert.
10. to make a formal declaration of the nonacceptance or nonpayment of (a bill of exchange or note).
11. Obsolete. to call to witness

If you don't agree with the government policies, you have have every right to protest against them in a democratic country by not voting for the very people who implemented them in the first place.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is no such thing as protest vote...

Why single out HDB housing price hike as the talk of the town?

ERP is the fastest vending machines to feed their high pay!!!

You forgot to add , the honey pot known as CENTRAL PROVIDENT FUND, a ever filling pot, like an eternal spring. They just dip theri hands in, again, again, & again....:biggrin:

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Honestly, do you feel rich when your HDB appreciates? Well, I dun.

It is only paper rich, even if you sell high, you need to buy the next one high. The profit doesn't mean anything to me but a lot to the property agent and the banks who gives out loans.

Even if MBT dun get elected and the HDB prices fall, it is still okay with me because I sell low and also buy low. Prices only make a difference to investors and speculators who has more than 1 property but to most of us. No diff.

front-summ-lauFK.jpg
The Government, Mr Lee (above) said, has to price the flats at a level which is fair, not only to current buyers but past and future buyers, as it will affect property prices. -- ST PHOTO: LAU FOOK KONG

As Singaporeans lament rising flat prices, he said they ought to understand that the Government sells them at a subsidised price, below market rate, so that they can own an asset that will appreciate in value over the years.

It adds to their wealth and this is an asset-enhancing policy Mr Lee believes citizens should not find fault with.

jonlatio

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is aware many people du lan MBT coz he is one of the pioneers in ERP...

Knn no matter where he goes he wants to increase price ...

See his rat's eyes? Very very cynical man....

I only respect LKY...my one and only idol... I will only vote for LKY but not his members

Respect him? Lost my respect a long long time ago....
and this is the stupidest thing I've heard... ïf MBT losses, flat prices become worthless.. what a load of crap!

dunbluffme, we can vote in protest. Vote for the opposition. That the best protest vote we can give. Slap the face of the paps.

jonlatio

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh ya! And then he tells the SIA chick that cos he got the new flat to remember who she should vote for... :mad:

hitower

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember, an HDB flat is for you to stay, whether the price goes up and down, you still need a place to stay. MM presented it as if we will get rich out of it. Please lar...... we can do the sum. And as if we sell away the HDB and we can get another cheaper HDB flats, I mean same size and location. You sell high, you buy high, so what is the different.

We voted a world class goverment, and yet they resolve matters like fire fighter. When there is problem then try to resolve.

We need a goverment to have good foresight, by listening to the ground and analyzing, they should able to predict this is one issue cannot be miss. And yet they repeated this fire fighting style over and over again.

How can we trust such goverment anymore. VOTE THE PAP OUT!!!!! PLEASE, FOR THE SAKE OF OUR NEXT GENERATION.

sigh…….

dunbluffme

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really respect LKY alot k...I really hope he will never die...

He is truely a legend...

I will still vote for him no matter what...

But hitower I can consider your proposal...

LKY why u never give me chance to vote u? Come my constituency leh... Pleaseeeeeee...

Remember, an HDB flat is for you to stay, whether the price goes up and down, you still need a place to stay. MM presented it as if we will get rich out of it. PLease lar...... we can do the sum. And as if we sell away the HDB and we can get another cheaper HDB flats, I mean same size and location. You sell high, when you buy, is also high, so what is the different.

We voted a world class goverment, and yet they resolve matters like fire fighter. When there is problem then try to resolve.

We need a goverment to have good foresight, by listening to the ground and analyzing, they should able to predict this is one issue cannot be miss. And yet they repeated this fire fighting style over and over again.

How can we trust such goverment anymore. VOTE THE PAP OUT!!!!! PLEASE, FOR THE SAKE OF OUR NEXT GENERATION.

sigh…….

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really respect LKY alot k...I really hope he will never die...

He is truely a legend...

I will still vote for him no matter what...

But hitower I can consider your proposal...

LKY why u never give me chance to vote u? Come my constituency leh... Pleaseeeeeee...

i also hope LKY never die (so easily)..

i hope his flesh rots and drop off piece by piece..:mad:

wait 1st lah, wait till his wife, his ah gwa son, his manly daughter all die than his turn..:eek:

hitower

Alfrescian
Loyal
dunbluffme
I respected LKY once a upon a time, and i never disagree what he have done for Singapore previously. However, I think he is too old now to think straight. I rather he retired now whereby people still respect him.

I am not politician, I am just a concern citizen for our next generation, how are they going to survive if things doesn't change for the better.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LKY and PAP will win the next election with 50% walkover for a start at nomination day.

Then it become a case of oppositions pleading for check and balances in a parliamentary cabinet system where check and balances don't exist or have minimum effort.

The last 2 years, all ruling parties in developed countries suffered significant elections losses due to the worldwide economic crisis. PAP should suffer some loss of parliamentary seats too by trend.

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember, an HDB flat is for you to stay, whether the price goes up and down, you still need a place to stay. MM presented it as if we will get rich out of it. Please lar...... we can do the sum. And as if we sell away the HDB and we can get another cheaper HDB flats, I mean same size and location. You sell high, you buy high, so what is the different.

sigh…….

actually Old Fart was addressing the PRs ... they buy low, sell high, then move back to m'sia/china/india with fat wallets ... u think he's talking to sinkees meh ?

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
dunbluffme
I respected LKY once a upon a time, and i never disagree what he have done for Singapore previously. However, I think he is too old now to think straight.

still, must admit he's a good orator (though the logic is warped) ... when he talks, u want to sit & listen (even though u disagree) ... when his son talks, i'd rather switch to channel 8 & watch aunties speak broken mandarin drama ...

jw5

Loyal
Oh no, I won't cast a protest vote, I'll obey you and whatever policies you set out because these policies make the elite and the foreigners richer and better off.
Is anybody like me and getting more and more pissed off with this lot by the day? :(