• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Does anyone know how ISD agents work?

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only those without much thought will join such an organisation. It is as good as registering to be monitored.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
In 1993, 10 men put their names down to the Registrar of Society to form a Non-partisan political discussion group. It took more than a year before the Registrar agreed on only after they threatened to go to court. One of the 10 founding men was recruited while he was a varsity student and he was no wallflower. He was an active member with a significant profile. That group lasted 10 years before they disbanded. Not only that, one other member also had a brother who just happen to be the Director ISD, although he was not believed to be operational.

You forgot to add that one became a high-touted PAP minister who was recently given the boot.

Welcome to the real world. Any good Intelligence agency do not operate on the periphery.

To add, it is silly to make a claim that someone from the union would be admitted to the Roundtable. It's like claiming that a workfare recipient is a SNEF member at the same time.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
That organization is totally infiltrated. There are more agents recruited or planted into it.

That union member was put into it but a bit out of place. It is supposed to be an organization with high-powered individuals and "invite only" membership control. But the union member has neither the academic qualification which many of the guys have nor the policy acumen.

There are lots of interesting things which happen later.

Goh Meng Seng

Bro, Locke is right. Or else you be chasing shadows. Just work normal. Nothing to fear.

Most people assume that informants and agents are peripheral people slowing working their way into the inner circle. Lai Teck was Head of CPM for 9 years, before, during and after WWII. He built the leadership team and he was British Agent who was passed over by the French. Closer to home and in modern times, he is an excellent example.

In 1993, 10 men put their names down to the Registrar of Society to form a Non-partisan political discussion group. It took more than a year before the Registrar agreed on only after they threatened to go to court. One of the 10 founding men was recruited while he was a varsity student and he was no wallflower. He was an active member with a significant profile. That group lasted 10 years before they disbanded. Not only that, one other member also had a brother who just happen to be the Director ISD, although he was not believed to be operational.

One of the Malay leaders was turned when he was a Pre-U student. He went onto become an MP. I am sure Jufrie knows who I am talking about as well as his Pre-u classmates.

Welcome to the real world. Any good Intelligence agency do not operate on the periphery.

Last edited:

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
You forgot to add that one became a high-touted PAP minister who was recently given the boot.

To add, it is silly to make a claim that someone from the union would be admitted to the Roundtable. It's like claiming that a workfare recipient is a SNEF member at the same time.

the perfect sleeper / cover story for a breakaway pap party which that guy might form later.

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
the perfect sleeper / cover story for a breakaway pap party which that guy might form later.

Certainly not him. Not everyone or any minister in the PAP can break away and do better than PAP, or even better than the current opposition.

If Mah Bow Tan came out to form the opposition, who will join him?

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Certainly not him. Not everyone or any minister in the PAP can break away and do better than PAP, or even better than the current opposition.

If Mah Bow Tan came out to form the opposition, who will join him?

Hardly anybody, who would trust a former PAP MP/Minister/pariah?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
It is actually quite strange for someone who have SUPPORTED and HELP OUT an ex-PAP MP during the PE to make such statement that ex-PAP MP cannot be better ...

But look, during PE, an ex-PAP MP did quite well against the PAP endorsed candidate and better than opposition-endorsed candidates.

Goh Meng Seng

Hardly anybody, who would trust a former PAP MP/Minister/pariah?

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is actually quite strange for someone who have SUPPORTED and HELP OUT an ex-PAP MP during the PE to make such statement that ex-PAP MP cannot be better ...

But look, during PE, an ex-PAP MP did quite well against the PAP endorsed candidate and better than opposition-endorsed candidates.

Goh Meng Seng

So lets see if MBT can make miracles that TCB didn't made, i doubt you are going to support your former opponent unless whats in for you is very rewarding.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought below was the best post in this thread. Quite illuminating, answered a lot of questions, and more importantly lifted the debate a couple of notches higher. I too agree that one should not post anything that cannot be verified.
I seldom participate in this side of the forum but found this rather interesting...How do ISD agent works? I still do not know after reading so many posting and so many people trying to impress each other with their "knowledge". It is easy to spoof this as there is no verification to be made.Those who seems knowledgable on this topic probably had:- been approached by ISD.- close relation to someone in ISD.- Worked/Working for ISD.If not, how is it even possible to know about what is happening inside? Maybe we should be wary of those.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought below was the best post in this thread. Quite illuminating, answered a lot of questions, and more importantly lifted the debate a couple of notches higher. I too agree that one should not post anything that cannot be verified.

I concur. For most you all out there who served NS in SAF, you'd assume all NSmen undergo the same training in the same barracks. Not so in SPF. PNSmen are segregated from regulars. We lived in barracks facing PIE. Regulars lived in barracks deep inside Onraet Road facing ISD. We PNS passed out in 3 months, same as all SAF NSmen or regulars, SPF regulars passed out in 6 months just to be a PC. I'm sure that they know more and are entrusted with more. But I also don't think that none of them knows everything. It's the system that nobody knows everything except the powers that be that keeps the system powerfully alive and kicking.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you are missing the point of my post. Don't worry about infiltration, just get the job done. Nearly all who formed this group did very well in their respective careers including those who are known critics of the PAP. Their profiles were raised, respect earned etc. I am sure they were smart enough to know that there would be probing eyes and years. One of the reasons for the the voluntary disbandment was the demand on the time of individual members from various quarters including the private sector, international organisations, think tanks and these were not aligned to the Govt. Many were considered bright. One even ended with a smart and good looking wife.I am aware that many others attempted similar setup at that time and in recent times but did not achieve the success that this group had. The closest in a similar vein was Tangent.
That organization is totally infiltrated. There are more agents recruited or planted into it. That union member was put into it but a bit out of place. It is supposed to be an organization with high-powered individuals and "invite only" membership control. But the union member has neither the academic qualification which many of the guys have nor the policy acumen. There are lots of interesting things which happen later. Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Well, that is why the union guy is an odd ball.

What he has been doing on the net is more than mischievous deeds.

Tangent with its limited circle of outreach is bound to be stagnant. Especially when you are involved in policy discussions, the omission of other races would be a serious handicap. The only concerns the authority has is whether it is going to be left leaning and become a revival of the leftist movement. However, looking at the people inside, I do not they have the DNA to start anything serious amount to any movement.

Goh Meng Seng

I think you are missing the point of my post. Don't worry about infiltration, just get the job done. Nearly all who formed this group did very well in their respective careers including those who are known critics of the PAP. Their profiles were raised, respect earned etc. I am sure they were smart enough to know that there would be probing eyes and years. One of the reasons for the the voluntary disbandment was the demand on the time of individual members from various quarters including the private sector, international organisations, think tanks and these were not aligned to the Govt. Many were considered bright. One even ended with a smart and good looking wife.I am aware that many others attempted similar setup at that time and in recent times but did not achieve the success that this group had. The closest in a similar vein was Tangent.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not forgetting Ong Teng Cheong too. And ISD agents were shadowing his everyday movements?

PAP misusing personnel for own ends.

Unlike Lim Chin Siong or even Tan Cheng Bock, Ong Teng Cheong did not contest against an opponent of the PAP conglomerate. Of course, he contributed to the process of check and balance in other ways. But that wasn't my point. If we get Ong Teng Cheong or TCB forming a new party, you would get very different results as Raymond Lim or Lui Tuck Yew forming a new party. If Low Thia Khiang was the benchmark, Lui's hypothetical party won't survive better than WP or SDP under Chiam.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why not? Don't forget Lim Chin Siong was also a former PAP MP.

It could have been anybody, but when you are the most unpopular PAP minister (even the old man pales in comparison) to both opposition and even PAP supporters, that is not just tantamount to political suicide, it IS political suicide.

Let's see how many people genuinely loves Mah Bow 'Fugly' Tan for being himself

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Honestly all this who is the spy amongst the opposition game is insanely self defeating. just work hard and fuck care the spies if they exists. Locke

You really believe people mean what they say or think this is true and not strategy to achieve an intent (a goof strategy and intent I might add). Think. If you told me your son had disciplinary problems and keep it a secret, the only way I don't have to keep it a secret is to invent the lie that his disciplinary problems are not in public's interest.

Last edited:

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear, perspective,

I believe that these plants and agents exist. However that does not mean I believe GMS when he tells everyone he knows who they are, or that he knows how to play games with them.

Locke

You really believe people mean what they say or think this is true and not strategy toachieve an intent (a goof strategy and intent I might add). Think. If you told me your son had disciplinary problems and keep it a secret, the only way I don't have to keep it a secret is to invent the lie that his disciplinary problems are not in public's interest.