• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do you have more then 20K in your bank?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
wash the tin first lah. or if u still wory pas me your tin with the cash inside. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

when comes to think of woman, men tends to use their smaller head rather than the big one. :biggrin::biggrin:

heheh... i'll put the money in ziplock bag first before putting them inside the tin :p

as of the PRC woman, pay me money i also need to consider woh... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
You mean you prefer Singkies? :smile:
At least the PRCs pretend, the Singkies don't even bother. :smile:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: honestly, i'd chose a Sinkie over a PRC anytime :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

:p:p:p PRC really cannot touch one, avoid at all costs and touch at your own peril :p:p:p

jw5

Loyal
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: honestly, i'd chose a Sinkie over a PRC anytime :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

:p:p:p PRC really cannot touch one, avoid at all costs and touch at your own peril :p:p:p
In my opinion, I agree that a good Singkie lady is better than a good PRC lady.
But I think a bad PRC lady is better than a bad Singkie lady. :smile:

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
So it is indeed insurance bought by the bank that provides the guarantee of $20K.

Some here presume that it is the singapore government who is footing the bill.

Actually it is the depositors who are footing the bill.

So if the insurance amount is increased to $100,000 then the premiums paid by the bank will be higher and the amount charged to bank customers be higher too.

Since the POSB was taken over by DBS, there is no longer any bank who offered guaranteed deposits.

All in all, guarantee or no guarantee, the safest bank in singapore is still DBS because so long as the singapore government does not collapse, dbs will not collapse.

If we consider that the US government is virtually bankrupt, surviving only by the grace of other nations to buy their bonds, DBS is a far better choice than US banks.

jw5

Loyal
So it is indeed insurance bought by the bank that provides the guarantee of $20K.

Some here presume that it is the singapore government who is footing the bill.

Actually it is the depositors who are footing the bill.

So if the insurance amount is increased to $100,000 then the premiums paid by the bank will be higher and the amount charged to bank customers be higher too.

Since the POSB was taken over by DBS, there is no longer any bank who offered guaranteed deposits.

All in all, guarantee or no guarantee, the safest bank in singapore is still DBS because so long as the singapore government does not collapse, dbs will not collapse.

If we consider that the US government is virtually bankrupt, surviving only by the grace of other nations to buy their bonds, DBS is a far better choice than US banks.
Of course. Have you ever known of the government footing the bill for anything?

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
End of the day, it's an indication of the govt's regard for its people, and ours have failed miserably. NOt a question of whether they can afford it, but whether they want to :mad:

As with all things, the bottomline is: you die your business, but if we the govt are going to die, please all stand together, tighten belts and bite the bullet.. again.

Other than the countries mentioned, Indonesia of all countries, have given deposit guarantees of Rp2 billion, ie, about USD200k from the previous Rp 100m (USD10k).

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How about fixed deposite?
I have more than 20K in fixed account.

there there... i did said u r loaded didn't i... so wen gonna chia wa chiak?
aiya.. $ keep under the pillow... at least u will feel good coz itz really close 2 u... :rolleyes:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
In my opinion, I agree that a good Singkie lady is better than a good PRC lady.
But I think a bad PRC lady is better than a bad Singkie lady. :smile:

hmm... bad Sinkie lady... i'll avoid also :p

shockshiok

Alfrescian
Loyal
i dun know what PAP is thinking 20K

is too low to protect the saving of the peasant

they really want them to commit mass sucide

what can you do with 20k ?

let see UK protect 50 000 sterling pounds
USA protect 50K USA dollars
Germany , Netherlands protect to 100 000 EURO

singapore gov does not care about the peasant, only themselves.

they will let the bank die, and will do nothing to save the peasant, but they will bend themselves backward to help FT/FW.

the US FDIC limit was not US$50K, was US$ 100,000 per customer per bank in the US, and double that for married joint account holders.

and recently congress passed new law increasing FDIC limits to from US$ 100,000 to US$250,000 per person per bank.