• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dark Knight rises

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But avengers going to beat it in the box office right?

also the transformer trilogy going to make more money than batman trilogy.

Batman not for kids lah, and to those people who dun follow Batman sequels, they wont understand whats happening.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Batman was a great show. Far superior to that turd of a movie - Spiderman. Christopher Nolan is indeed a master of storytelling evident in movies such as Inception and Memento.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
any one from singapore who watched the movie and hate it?

I am still 50/50 whether to see it or wait for blu ray.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
any one from singapore who watched the movie and hate it?

I am still 50/50 whether to see it or wait for blu ray.

Stop reading the reviews and go watch it lah. The reviewers are just trying to be different.

Regarding how it compares to The Avengers, just say that I will buy the DKR dvd and watch it a few more times (like I did for DK). But I will happily wait for 4 more years before channel 5 shows Avengers as a "premier".

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stop reading the reviews and go watch it lah. The reviewers are just trying to be different.

Regarding how it compares to The Avengers, just say that I will buy the DKR dvd and watch it a few more times (like I did for DK). But I will happily wait for 4 more years before channel 5 shows Avengers as a "premier".

still thinking, at least wait until the crowd are gone, so i can get the best seats.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
still thinking, at least wait until the crowd are gone, so i can get the best seats.
Had a freebie over weekend in GV Gold Class (some bank do).

Nolan guy went to town with this epic. Humanistic, and interestingly much more daylight than earlier.

Don't keep yourself in tenterhooks, as it's doing the rounds at cineplexes. Before it's stale for you, after all your efforts here:wink:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i dun know, about stale, good movie are still enjoyable after decades.

Had a freebie over weekend in GV Gold Class (some bank do).

Nolan guy went to town with this epic. Humanistic, and interestingly much more daylight than earlier.

Don't keep yourself in tenterhooks, as it's doing the rounds at cineplexes. Before it's stale for you, after all your efforts here:wink:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
0723-holmes_full_380.jpg

In this image taken from video provided by KUSA.com, James Holmes (l.) the suspected gunman in Friday's Colorado theater massacre, makes his first appearance in court with his attorney Tamara Brady in Centennial, Colo. on Monday, July 23.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
article-2177736-142F2BCF000005DC-914_634x480.jpg

Prosecutors said they will seek death penalty on advice of family members

article-2177736-142F249A000005DC-47_306x423.jpg

article-2177736-142F2492000005DC-875_306x423.jpg

The gunman suspected of brutally slaying 12 moviegoers during a screening of The Dark Knight Rises in Aurora, Colorado has appeared in court for the first time looking disheveled and wide-eyed.

James Holmes, 24, who dyed his hair red in a reported bid to look like Batman's arch nemesis The Joker, looked straight ahead in Arapahoe County Courthouse as the judge advised him of the case.

Holmes is being held on suspicion of first-degree murder after he shot dead 12 cinema-goers and wounded 58 in a horrifying shooting spree just after midnight on Friday morning.

The judge ordered the suspected gunman, who some commentators suggested may have been suffering from a lack of sleep, to have no contact with any surviving victims or their relatives
Throughout the advisement, he sat next to Tamara Brady, his assigned public defender. Suspects often interact with their public defenders about the judge's address but Holmes sat silently.

Prosecutors said they are seeking the death penalty for the suspected shooter, a former PhD student described as an outsider who is believed to have recently gone through a break up.

Eighteenth Judicial District Attorney Carol Chambers said that her office will decide whether to pursue the penalty after consultation with victims' families.
Speaking after the court appearance, Chambers said the decision will need to be made within 60 days of Holmes's arraignment. She said the formal charges will be filed against him next Monday.

Chambers added that first-degree murder charges can be filed if a suspect is believed to have 'extreme indifference' to a crime or if it is carried out 'after deliberation'.

Legal experts told the Denver Post that Holmes's attorneys are likely to pursue an insanity defense
And looking at Holmes in court, it is clear the suspected murderer, who stared straight ahead and blinked slowly, did not look quite right.

CNN commentators said it was unlikely he would have been given drugs that would impair his understanding of the judge's comments. Instead, he could have been suffering a lack of sleep.

Of his defense case, former Adams County District Attorney Bob Grant told the Post he saw little option but to plead insanity.

'You just have to imagine that there is something in his psychiatric makeup that will be exploited by his defense team,' he said. 'I don't know what the hell else they are going to say.'

Experts added Holmes is likely to undergo a competency test to see if he is psychologically fit to assist in his defense.

'If in fact he is sane, it's a hopeless case for the defense,' legal analyst, Scott Robinson, said. 'They caught him literally gunpowder-handed with his weapons, with his tactical gear.'David Lane, a lawyer who has represented 25 people charged with death-penalty offenses, added: 'There are some crimes, the nature of which just scream out 'crazy.' This is one of those cases.'

He has been held at the Arapahoe Detention Center since his arrest in the cinema parking lot just moments after the shooting spree on Friday morning.

Jailors at the facility told the New York Daily News the suspect has not shown any remorse for the killings. He has been acting bizarrely ever since arriving and 'thinks he's acting in a movie', they said.

'He was spitting at the door and spitting at the guards,' a released inmate added outside the jail. 'He’s spitting at everything. Dude was acting crazy.'

It comes as new details shed light on a possible motive for the massacre.

It is believed Holmes was due to be kicked out of his flat and may have recently broken up with a girlfriend, while one friend said his addiction to video games meant he had lost touch with reality.

But it could take months to figure out the cause behind the killings; as he waited for his first court appearance, authorities disclosed Holmes is refusing to cooperate.

Before being moved to the courtroom for the hearing, he was held in solitary confinement at an Arapahoe County detention facility.

He was assigned a public defender and Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates said that the suspect has 'lawyered up' since his arrest in the early hours of Friday in the cinema parking lot.

'He's not talking to us,' Oates added.

In regards to a possible motice, Aurora police chief Daniel Oates had hinted that Holmes had recently gone through a break up and that authorities were investigating the claim.

'I’ve heard one morsel of information about a relationship that may or may not be true,' he told CBS' Face the Nation.

'That’s why we have all our investigators working on this. That’s why we brought in the FBI behavioral analysts. They’re going to figure all that stuff out.'

It is also believed that Holmes was due to be evicted from his flat. The 24-year-old, who is now in police custody, pulled out of the university weeks before the deadly attack.

Neighbours told TMZ anyone living in the block had to be enrolled at the university otherwise you had 30 days to evacuate.

It is not known exactly when Holmes stopped going to classes but it is thought he was nearing the end of the 30-day grace period.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Batman movie Dark Knight Rises tops US box office
Christian Bale and Anne Hathaway in The Dark Knight Returns Anne Hathaway joins Christian Bale as cat burglar Selina Kyle
Continue reading the main story
Related Stories

Obama says US stands with Aurora
Dark Knight rises for final time

New Batman film The Dark Knight Rises made an estimated $160m (£103m) at US and Canadian box offices in its opening weekend, a record for a non 3-D film.

But the blockbuster's takings were below industry forecasts made before the mass shooting at a midnight showing of the film in Colorado on Friday.

Projected figures suggested the film would make an estimated $173m (£111m), based on Friday receipts.

Twelve people were killed and 58 hurt in the attack at a cinema in Aurora.

The top two highest-ever openings were both 3-D films - The Avengers with $207m (£133m) and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 with $169m (£109m).

"For this film (Dark Knight) to still be in the rarefied air of the top-three openings of all time is phenomenal, given the unfortunate circumstances surrounding the release of this film," said Paul Dergarabedian, a box office analyst for Hollywood.com.

Following the shooting, US cinemas tightened security and Warner Bros scaled down its promotional plans.

A premiere in Paris was cancelled, along with personal appearances by the cast and crew in Japan and Mexico.

"My heart aches and breaks for the lives taken and altered by this unfathomably senseless act," Hathaway said in a statement.

"I am at a loss for words how to express my sorrow. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families."

The third and final film in director Christopher Nolan's Batman series stars Christian Bale and Anne Hathaway. It cost Warner Bros $250m (£161m) to make.

Studios including Sony, Fox, Disney, Paramount and Warner Bros publicly withdrew their usual official revenue reports out of respect for the victims and their families, but sources gave details of the takings to media outlets.

Last week's number one, Ice Age: Continental Drift, dropped to second place, with The Amazing Spider-Man in third.

Seth MacFarlane's R-rated comedy Ted, starring Mark Wahlberg opposite a foul-mouthed CGI teddy bear, is in fourth spot, while Disney animation Brave is at number five.