• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dangerous Take Photos @ Canon Booth in Comex Show!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sounds like some beng was unhappy his chiobu colleague photo was being taken and wanna kill the "shooter"

====

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Went Comex to get deal but got challenged to fight

THIS IS A PHOTO ILLUSTRATION.

A STOMPer who went bargain-hunting at the COMEX show on Aug 29 met with trouble instead, as he claims he was challenged to a fight by a flyer distributor, after the latter accused him of filming him.

Gabriel told STOMP that as much as he wants to continue looking for good deals at the show, he is afraid to go back there for fear of his own safety.

He recounted:

"I am writing to express a very serious and appalling incident that happened at Comex earlier today (Aug 29).

"I visited Comex at Suntec with a group of my friends today hoping to find a good deal on digital cameras and laptops. After looking around, my friends and I decided to leave and return the next day as it was already closing time.

"While leaving the place, my friend jokingly took a video of myself as we were walking away from the show and we were on the fourth floor when we walked past a group of around eight flyer distributors.

"All of a sudden we were questioned by a flyer distributor wearing a Canon Digital Ixus red tee-shirt. He approached my friend, demanding to know why we took a video of them. My friend showed him the video and told him that the video did not include any Canon flyer distributors.

"I had felt that it was very strange that my friend was questioned because firstly, there was no sign saying that no camera or video taking was permitted in the premises.

"Secondly there was no infringement of any intellectual property involved as the flyer distributors were not carrying any cameras or Canon products.

"Lastly Comex is a public event where photographers usually take pictures of the people attending the event.

"So I decided to turn around and ask him wh yphoto taking wasn’t allowed.

"The Canon flyer distributor replied in a very hostile manner, ‘I DON’T LIKE YOU TO TAKE PHOTO OF MY FRIEND!’.

"I was stunned and very taken aback by his reply as this is not the way to speak to a customer and I had never expected such a response.

"I clarified with him instead if he meant that his friend didn’t like it or he didn’t like it.

"He replied in a very aggressive manner that he didn’t like it; obviously this issue has nothing to do with his friend! He then questioned me back, ‘I don’t like can or not!’.

"At this point in time I did not want to create a scene and I asked him to step aside so that I could talk to him.

"Instead of coming to a corner with me, he asked me to follow him to the carpark. I felt that something was not right and refused; to which he replied that he needed to put back his things and left saying that he’ll be back.

"Sensing that something was amiss, I decided to walk over to the Canon booth to speak to a manager to lodge an official complaint.

"As it turned out, while I was inside Comex waiting for the manager to come over, my friend who was not allowed to enter the convention hall as it was already past 9.30pm, spotted 8 Canon flyer distributors all wearing the same shirts coming out of the hall together, obviously looking for me.

"It turned out that my decision to bring this matter up to higher authorities had actually saved my life!

"After awhile, the person-in-charge, Mr Tan and another person came over and I related the whole incident to them but even then, they did not take my issue seriously claiming that the flyer distributors were just young kids who need to grow up and just need some talking to.

"Being young is no excuse to be above the law and physically threaten others.

"Wearing a Canon uniform, a person is representative of his company and the actions or decisions that he takes be it good or bad, reflects on the company itself.

"While I’m certain that Canon Singapore are a very reputable and prestigious company, I am puzzled as to why would they resort to hiring such staff.

"My horrible experience had extended from the flyer distributors up to the person in-charge who had taken a very light view of a very serious incident which could have ended me in hospital keeping in mind that the flyer distributor involved is nearly twice my size!

"I went to Comex happily looking for a good and cheap deal but I ended up with a very bad taste of the event.

"Singapore is a very safe country where we are protected by a world class police force and thus we tend to live with a false sense of security. If we allow such bullies to go unnoticed, it will only be a matter of time that somebody innocent gets unnecessarily seriously injured. Gangsterism is a public nuisance far worse than littering and should not be allowed to exist!

"I was very interested in purchasing a new digital camera but I am now afraid for my own security should I return to Comex.

"I hope that through public awareness of this event, Canon would finally take action and investigate into this matter at the soonest available opportunity. "

STOMP has contacted Canon Singapore for a comment. Watch this space for updates.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top align=right><TD colSpan=2>
» Share this

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Poor fuck singaporean working as a flyboy ( not the ones in USA ) !

Worried that he being filmed working in an **unglam loser job !

He snapped at the home movie makers !

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Flyerboy already double in size but the prick and balls missing as he needed to call reinforcements just to 'settle' inconsequential issue.

Really hor....these guys only heroes when in big numbers but if offered one-on-one fair fight. the balls suddenly drop off

banova888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gabriel, if you have served your NS in Singapore, do not worry about Cannon. Singapore government will solve all of your problems. Just ask MadmanSG.

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
What''s the point of saving a few quid but having to put up with the horrible crowds.

Everyone gets flustered and claustrophobic and ends up buying something they don't really need.